Indy license announcement?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, there's nothing to stop Hasbro subcontracting the 12" line to SS like it has with SW.

Bit more detail from LEGO (thanks again to Cool Toy Review):

LEGO Group Secures Exclusive Construction Category Rights to Indiana Jones™ Property
--World’s best-selling construction toy brand to bring blockbuster movie franchise to life in LEGO® form—

NEW YORK (June 18, 2007) – LEGO Group, the world’s leading construction toy manufacturer, today announces a partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd. to produce building sets based on the Indiana Jones franchise – one of the most globally successful movie series ever made.

Three worldwide blockbuster films, and the highly anticipated May 2008 premiere of the new Indiana Jones movie, will provide inspiration for a series of highly iconic and action-packed build-and-play adventures of the rogue archaeologist and hero.

“There is such a natural synergy between Lucasfilm and LEGO enthusiasts of all ages that makes combining our stories with the LEGO play pattern an easy decision,” said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. “We’re thrilled to have a chance to share the history and success of LEGO Star Wars with another Lucas franchise.”

Four playsets based on the classic trilogy are slated to launch in January 2008. Three sets based on iconic scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark include:
Temple Escape ($49.99 USD) which brings the legendary rolling boulder scene to life in LEGO form as Indy faces spiders and poisoned darts in his search for the Golden Idol of Fertility.
With Race for the Stolen Treasure ($29.99 USD), kids build two desert vehicles and recreate Indy’s truck-hopping fight to save the treasure.
Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb ($19.99 USD) recreates the eye-popping suspense of Indy rescuing Marion from slithering snakes in an Egyptian tomb.
And based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade action, Motorcycle Chase ($9.99 USD) depicts the scene where Indy and his father escape with the map to the hidden temple.

Four more constructible playsets based on the fourth movie will launch in May 2008, with suggested retail prices ranging from $9.99 to $79.99 USD.

“We are thrilled to be bringing yet another blockbuster Lucasfilm property to life for LEGO kids and adult enthusiasts,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president, partnership and alliance management for the LEGO Group. “The marriage of strong story, well-known characters, dynamic vehicles and action-oriented movie scenes with the classic LEGO play pattern is a proven winner, and Indiana Jones lends itself perfectly to the build-and-play world of LEGO building.”

For more than 25 years, audiences have been enraptured by the exploits of Indiana Jones. The film trilogy – Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade – garnered 14 Academy Award nominations, won 7 Oscars, and grossed over $1,182,000,000 at the box office. The films are among the most popular movies ever made and have become a legendary part of film history.

Hopefully Hasbro will be forthcoming with a similarly detailed press release!

Don't forget this part of the release: "more partners to be announced soon." Let's hope that Sideshow is one of those partners.

Cool, thanks for the info. That Indy looks real good, I just checked out their site, something is not quite right about their Aragorn sculpt, the rest looks amazing though.

tomandshell said:
The Indy 4 licensing partners have been announced. Sideshow is not one of them:

So it looks like we will be able to purchase Indy figures, but it will be from Hasbro instead of Sideshow.

:monkey2

That's not all of the licensees. There WILL be high-end collectible partners. ;)

:monkey3

1/6th scale Indy is a must!!! I really don't care who does it, wether it be HT's, SS, or Medi, just give me Indy! Just don't let Tonner do one.......I still haven't got the horrible images of Jack sparrow and Peter Parker out of my head yet! :emperor

rw23 said:
1/6th scale Indy is a must!!! I really don't care who does it, wether it be HT's, SS, or Medi, just give me Indy! Just don't let Tonner do one.......I still haven't got the horrible images of Jack sparrow and Peter Parker out of my head yet! :emperor

HAHA! Tonner Indy! LOL! You know it's gonna happen...:monkey1

Hey! Check out this ebay auction. I think it is a sneakpeak at the quality Hasbro will be offering.

Item number: 280125986973

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Last edited:
Just read this, I don't see SSC on there... :monkey2

Indiana Jones returns to theaters May 22, 2008, and his newest on-screen adventures will be supported by an impressive array of leading companies as part of a broad global licensing and promotional campaign across a wide range of product categories designed to appeal to all ages.

In the toy category, Hasbro, Inc. will develop a broad line of action figures, vehicles and role play as well as games.

LEGO, the world's best-selling construction toy brand, has also come on board as the exclusive licensee for building sets.

Hallmark is on board in the greeting cards, party goods and ornaments categories, and Random House, Scholastic and DK Publishing will provide the foundation for a robust publishing program.

Following their string of best-selling titles, LucasArts will support the franchise with breakthrough "Indiana Jones" video games that will allow players to "live" all-new Indy adventures.

In addition, the upcoming "Indiana Jones" movie will also be supported by a strong slate of major promotional partners, including Burger King and MARS North America, with more partners to be announced soon.

Forgot to post this

legofig_indy.gif

bwayne said:
Hey! Check out this ebay auction. I think it is a sneakpeak at the quality Hasbro will be offering.

Item number: 280125986973

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

So his trademark whip, hat , jacket and gun will NOT be in this movie???:rotfl :rotfl

Instead he'll have a camera and a purse?

Darthrazz said:
Instead he'll have a camera and a purse?
That's man bag. Now all he needs is a man bra to complete the whole shebang. :lol

I'm sure there's a lot of interest from companies wanting to get the Indy license. Which makes it hard on collectible companies wanting to limit their output whilst the toy companies wont be able to pump them out fast enough.

Back