Jedi Luke first 12in!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
As an affliliate I have to disagree with that. They did do that once (I forget the item) and we affiliates rose up and cried "foul." And after the first person orders it's going to get out, whether it's from affiliates or fellow fans.

I was a little surprised by the low ES for the exclusive, but I have a suspicion that they are trying to make Star Wars a little special and generate some buzz. Han was the first SW PF with an exclusive and people were talking about that quick sellout for a long time.

So Dave what your saying is that SS's policy of newsletter subscribers getting first chance at placing preorders is nothing but a pile of PR B.S.? :confused:

With your thinking, then you don't even need the newsletter. So why doesn't SS just get rid of it all together??? Customers can just buy from the affilate links. Correct?? :confused:

Good points Bonehead! I as an Affiliate do not want to take advantage of the limited Exclusive Rush, it is supposed to be for Newsletter Members, not for me to make a dime off of it. Regular edition commission or Exclusives that don't sell out with 24 hours are fine, my conscience is clear. I just don't think posting a banner before the newsletter reaches everyone is the right thing to do, but that is my opinion on fairness.

I really think there is a problem with the perception that the Newsletter Pre-order is non-existent. Sideshow should change how these exclusives are pre-ordered. If you offer newsletter members a chance to pre-order, you MUST give it to them. Everyone who gets their newsletter after a hard days work at the office Friday night, clicks the link and sees "SOLD OUT" has a right to be extremely angry.

I just don't think posting a banner before the newsletter reaches everyone is the right thing to do, but that is my opinion on fairness.

So all the people that don't get their newsletter immediately should just go without?

I think one of the advantages of being a member of a board like this is that you find out about stuff like this. There are far, far, far too many newsletter members that don't care. Here is where the concentration of fans lies.

I have NEVER relied on the newsletter for something this important to my collection.

I always rely on you guys.

And thanks to my fellow "Post"ers, I got in on the Luke Exclusive!

I also depend on the board for important info such as ordering exclusives, the newsletter is at times too unreliable. The chat is expecially helpful.

I see both sides of the newsletter/affiliate debate. I think that if Sideshow makes the claim that an exclusive will be offered first to newsletter subscribers, then they should honor that. I know that the newsletter is very unreliable, and I am thankful that once the pre-order became available, members posted that they were able to place their orders. I didn't get the newsletter until much later, but luckily the order page loaded during a clicky marathon. I don't see why Sideshow waited until the day that pre-orders went up to mail out the flash mailer. I am sure that they are aware of the frustrating lag in delivery. Why didn't they send out notice earlier in the week with a link that didn't go to an active page until the appointed time? This would allow people to receive their newsletters, be aware of the ordering time, and maybe try to arrange to be in front of the computer if they could. I just don't see why they waited until the very last minute to notify the newsletter members.

I just found out about this board a few months ago, and boy am I lucky to have found such a cool group of people!:joy

If not for this sight I would have had no chance to get exclusive Luke. I recieved my flash announcement several hours after the edition was sold out and the newsletter approx. 12 hours after. Thank you Dave and everyone else who helped fans to get a chance at ordering this figure. Fans, most of whom are newsletter subscribers anyway, check the board regularly and had a chance to get a figure that they probably wouldn't have if they had to rely on SSC's notification. How can that possibly be wrong?

Last edited:
Hopefully this is a one time case like the Han fiasco. They underestimated the demand for the exclusive Han and then Luke. The rest of the 1/4 scale exclusive have seemed about right, Leia isn't even sold out yet. I just hope everything is worked out before the next figure :google

I would also point out that if you found out about the order time here, you're most likely a newsletter subscriber as well. The members here are 1/250th of the newsletter list, so I don't think it being posted here affected how many newsletter subscribers got it.

I might humbly suggest that this be the ONLY site allowed to post the links at the same time as the newsletter. It's the casual fans that learn about at places like rebelscum, that hurt the newsletter subscribers...:angelsmil :wacky

Even it newsletter members got the link well before it was put up to be ordered, that link would have spread out to other toy sites just the same as it did this time.

Dare I butt in?

Hi All!

Just wanted to throw in my two cents in on the newsletter debate.

I think people misrepresent the situation by stating that 'newsletter members missed out.' We have thousands of people on our list that did receive the e-mail blast in a timely fashion. Did some people miss the opportunity because of the delivery issues? Yes. Was it our entire newsletter community or a majority of it? No. I understand a small percentage of the newsletters did deliver late. While we did try to send this notice as early as possible, sometimes ISPs do delay the receipt, this is evident with the wildly various time frames people did receive their newsletter. We do try to make sure that everyone gets the information that they need. That is why we are in the works for upgrading our newsletter system to be able to deliver the newsletter where it is protected by password. This will protect the information from random posting of links and also help us to insure only newsletter members will get to pre-order during a specified time frame.

With the Luke Exclusive, we announced that we would begin pre-ordering this product live on our site on Friday to the general collecting audience. We allowed our newsletter members a pre-ordering window exclusive for them prior to opening up to general audience for pre-ordering. The window is not always days but may at times be restrictive as an hour or two.

In an effort to keep everyone informed, we also announced all this on our home page and Star Wars page as well as in our chat. I popped into the board here as well.The pre-order news was also carried by over 100 affiliates after the newsletter member pre-order window had passed.

We appreciate everyone's comments and look forward to incorporating many of them into our new upgrades!

Best,
Chicky

Last edited:
Chicky, just make sure the next Star Wars exlcusive edition is larger next time. I don't think I've heard anyone complain that the edition was too large, but actually the opposite. As long as the exclusive edition is only available from Sideshow I don't see why it must be limited so much. Look at the 1/4 Vader, most of his edition was the excluisve. The more limited one was actually the non-exclusive. Actually, I'd prefer the next SW figure to be like that :D

Chicky,
Thanks for letting us know about the upgrades to the newsletter system! I hope this helps in getting toys into the hands of collectors! I can't imagine another company that would come out and be so customer-friendly, but this is why we keep coming back!

HI Chicky,
Could you do us a favor & help remove this insanely shocked look on Lukes face?
I SWEAR it looks as though someone just told him that YODA'S his dad!

2104_press01-001.jpg

"A Jedi prostate exame? What the....?!?!"

*ss*

I think it's the open mouth - in the photo you realize he's speaking, but in 3-D plastic, you know he's not. Open mouth expressions are mighty tricky to pull off.

I'm not sure why the OSW boards harbor all the hate toward the Sideshow body, as I've always liked it. In the early days there were problems with floppy joints, but now that seems to be solved.

Comparing this head sculpt to the Medicom version, there's no doubt in my mind that this one is miles better. I don't like the cartoony nature of the Medicom job, but then all the human likenesses that seem to come out of the Japanese companies (look at the goofy head sculpts on the Kotobukiya Star Wars humans) just fall short.

Michael
MWC

Chicky I actually think the Exclusive size was just right keep up the good work!!

Don't get me wrong, I love this sculpt. It's Mark Hamill all the way. But just
because someone could sculpt Hamill nicely, doesn't mean I'd like my Luke
to look constipated, or in this case, scared.

I'd just like to see this cool piece immortalized with a kick ass facial expression
rather than having a scared wide eyed Luke. That's not how I'd like for my
favorite Jedi to be remembered.

& this board is mostly pro sideshow. I've been to several other boards (1/6
& non alike) where MOST feel that the expression isn't flatering either.

I'm going to buy this piece either way, but I'd like the face to please as
close to 100% of the fans as possible (like the 1/4 Obi-Wan did) That's all.

*ss*
(D, if this in any way starts something negative here, feel free to delete any
of my posts. That's NOT what i'm after)

Back