Jedi Luke first 12in!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonehead15 said:
Sad and pretty pathetic that not all newsletter subscribers got a chance at the exclusive.

That's pretty poor customer service IMO. Nice way to start out a new line SS. This one is a real winner.:rolleyes:

Get the regular edtion which is up for sale, no big deal just doesnt come with the skiff gun which is nutting special.

Did anybody else make $62,500 this afternoon? Some of us are in the wrong business... (Of course, I know that credit cards don't get charged until shipment, but you know what I mean.)

One of Nine said:
Get the regular edtion which is up for sale, no big deal just doesnt come with the skiff gun which is nutting special.

It's a big deal to me.

Does this mean I can have yours? It's obvious from your response that you don't want your exclusive Luke. :rolleyes:

Didn't SS learn anything from the previous Star Wars preorders? Didn't they know that this piece would be in high demand? They could of at least let the edition size open for at least 24 hours so all the newsletter members could purchase the exclusive.

I still haven't even received the newsletter with the link that was suppossed to of been mailed thismorning. I've used the same email address for the last 6 years so SS can't use the "SPAM excuse." I've never had a problem with the newsletter before.

I just want thank ??? for his link....:bow (u know who you are)

Or I would never have got him, as it was just now that I had the email from SS for the pre-order :banghead

WW :Wizard

Customikey said:
since the Sideshow Veeps read this, I guess I'll mention that the pants look a tad baggy.

LOL, well, it is a Sideshow 12" figure afterall ;)

My main concern (other than the usual ones of neck have full range of movement and no gloss finish on the skin!) is with the wrist pegs. Fingers crossed Sideshow have made some tweakings here because they're (i) not that big and (ii) not that strong... and with all those pairs of hands I fear snappings.

Nick

A thought on glossy skin-

Get a spray can of clear matte varnish. I use Citadel Color. A few light coats will take care of the glossiness. I did this with Buffy and Willow's bodies because of the exposed sections, and it worked great. The only downside is that you lose the glossiness on the eyes and mouth. Then you have to break out the clear gloss acrylic and a tiny paintbrush. It's worth the effort if the shiny skin really bothers you, though.

holy mother of Bejebus!!!
:google :google
That sold out so fast! Dam I wanted the exclusive(not that great but I wanted it) Um Sideshow WHY was the exclusive so small?? I mean its obvious EVERYONE will get one, maybe like afew thousand. O well no blaster for me...:sick

LOVE THE FIGURE THOUGH!!!!!

If everyone got one....it wouldn't be exclusive, now would it?!
:D

But really,wait a bit after release and I'm sure most will be able to snag one off of ebay for less than retail.
Of course, I'm not so sure that I didn't pre-order, but still...I'm willing to bet that scalpers are going to be hosed on this figure. :joy

Sad and pretty pathetic that not all newsletter subscribers got a chance at the exclusive.

That's pretty poor customer service IMO. Nice way to start out a new line SS.

There are far, far more than 1350 newsletter subscribers so not every subscriber would have a chance anyway.

I didn't really expect it to sell so fast though, glad I had the patience to wait through the long server lags.

Bonehead15 said:
It's a big deal to me.

Does this mean I can have yours? It's obvious from your response that you don't want your exclusive Luke. :rolleyes:

Didn't SS learn anything from the previous Star Wars preorders? Didn't they know that this piece would be in high demand? They could of at least let the edition size open for at least 24 hours so all the newsletter members could purchase the exclusive.

I still haven't even received the newsletter with the link that was suppossed to of been mailed thismorning. I've used the same email address for the last 6 years so SS can't use the "SPAM excuse." I've never had a problem with the newsletter before.

Never ceases to amaze me. SS gets damned for TBD edition sizes and the get damned for announcing an ES when the preorder goes up. How are they supposed to win?

The late newsletter is nothing new. People have griped about that ever since the Exclusive Han PF sellout. The lesson to be learned there is that Dave puts a clickable banner at the top of the SW forum as soon as (or pretty close to it) the item goes up for sell. That's what I waited on. I didn't get my newsletter until after the sellout and my wife still hasn't gotten her newsletter yet. But I got my order in plenty of time because I knew to check the board first on something this important.

SS gets damned for TBD edition sizes and the get damned for announcing an ES when the preorder goes up. How are they supposed to win?
So true Oxbeard, I feel for Sideshow. They just cant win, double edged sword. Im sure they have gotten used to it by now.

Man damned if they do and damned if they dont sheesh.
I guess its just me I know if there is something I want and it goes up for sale on a certain day I dont wait for no newsletter. I start checking the SS site, this site and others cough AZOG's site cough!!

I think I was lucky enough to be one of the first to receive the "Flash" email earlier today, as the order went through quickly and smoothly and I was in the chatroom and no one else had mentioned anything.

The figure looks amazing, period. The only negative is the "exclusive" blaster. I would have really liked to have seen something a little bit more significant, especially since the regular release will most probably be available later on for around $30 bucks. (Based on previous 12" exclusive/regular figure releases such as my exclusive Eddie Rickenbacker...)

My guess is that one of the 9 scheduled figures for this year will be a Skiff Barge Guard... ;)

Hardcase, you had me in stitches, my friend. That Dexter character has got to be the lamest Lucas creation since Jar-Jar. :duh

I still haven't gotten my "flash" email, I was just (admittedly) lucky to be on the boards at the right time. :google

Back