Balrog Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, say, the plaque would be about 2 foot by 3 foot, THAT oughta do it!!!

And Thanks for the pic, Rick!

You know how Agent23 was talking about exclusive gandalfs. Theres your more realistic exclusive right there

steve4.jpg

a "Black n White" or "Gray" Balrog head (right side), LE of 30. :monkey5

Last edited:
I don't see the point of doing a treebeard bust. The weta one is huge and pretty much perfect.

Agreed. At almost 18" tall, it's practically a LSB already, and is absolutely the best SS/Weta bust ever made. To make another one, IMO would be pointless.

I thought it was going to be the Steve West Balrog bust/head pictures before, but checking details like textures, theet and proportions it looks to me that it is a new scuplt, more movie accurate.

I'm really looking forward to this one,you can never have enough Balrog!

Actually, except for the angle, this could be a tweaked (for light-up) version off of Steve West's Balrog. I was comparing distance to the eyes, teeth, tongue layout. The paint could affect what stands out, but from the unpainted pics above, there's no mistaking this is West's Balrog tweaked for a light-up feature. Besides, West's Balrog's mane doesn't flow all the way back. The light-up feature could certainly build on this. If this was a plaque-based bust, this could certainly be unique. Let's see what SS reveals in the weeks to come when Spooktacular rolls around, but if they treat this like the light-up feature of the LOTR lithos film-cells, it could possibly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back