PRISON BREAK ... :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
PRISON BREAK ... SPOILERS ...:)

I just watched the season premier and WOW!!! The show is just getting better and better :chew Very unpridictable and lots of thrills :rock Now, all I need is a 12" figure of this line and I am happy :chew Anyone else interested? :monkey1

edit:...okay, to make this thread a bit more significant...I'm making this thread the official Prison Break thread. LET'S TALK :chew

***SPOILERS ALERT***

Last edited:
A Michael Scofield figure with full body tats would be awesome. I doubt it will ever happen though. It needs to be big in Asia, like 24, for a Japanese or Chinese company to make a figure. I think this show is just popular in US, Canada, and England.

This is getting rediculous! Why don't we just ask SS to make a figure for every character that's ever appeared on TV. How about some 90210 figures! I loved that show when I was 12! How about Dallas and Dynasty for those older folks here!

SS has only done shows that have had some sort of Sci-Fi element to them. Stop asking for every retarded show that's on TV to get a 12". I can see a LOST liscencse because of the Sci-Fi factor, but no other show comes to mind that would deserve 12" representation. While a show may be great, it doesn't mean we need figures of it.

From the interview with Steve Walker, founder of Product Enterprise (link posted in another thread by airbond2), talking about the level of sales necessary to recoup the costs of tooling figures:

...you'd be surprised at some of the letters we receive from fans who just don't get it, they think we just exist to cater to their needs.

I'm sure those who've been participating on this forum for a couple of years will recognize how our community is evolving. At the start we were all collectors here -- just folks who liked to buy the same things. We'd advise each other on things like exchanging a badly painted figure. Some of us have since become customizers and repainters, and shared our discoveries as we go along. Cking's 1:4 Superman project has inspired others, including an intense 1:6 Quigley project that would never have been made commercially. Louie Tran doesn't visit this board, but here's a guy who has gone from custom repaints to clothing manufacture to 1:6 body design and manufacture, all catering to customizers. The GK community has many excellent sculptors who can capture licenses. Right here on this board, Les, customikey, murderofcrows, darkartist and others share quite a lot of how-to information. Everyone wishing for a figure (yo Cosmo!) should visit the Customs Gallery more often, just to check out the talent.

The desire for figures that will not support even limited mass production can be met in two ways: wishing or doing. Before long I believe we'll all be helping one another out. Not everybody has to become a sculptor or caster or painter or clothing maker. We need a few hardy souls to either develop the skills or identify talented freelancers -- to either do it themselves or "produce" a project -- and a willingness by others to pool some funds.

If you can dream it, you can do it. You can take that to the bank, because Wolfang Puck engraved it in the door at Spago! :ccheerlea

I would love to be able to create some of my most beloved TV or movie characters. I however have the least amount of artistic talent of anyone on this planet. Ever since elementery school, I knew art was never my forte. Can't draw, can't paint, can't sculpt. Thus I rely on others.

Great season opener! A very good shock at the end. How ever will everything work out? I have a feeling that the intelligent detective on the case now will eventually turn to certain escapees side. He'd be smart enough to help bring down the bad folks and reveal the big mysterious behind it all.

Darth Loki said:
This is getting rediculous! Why don't we just ask SS to make a figure for every character that's ever appeared on TV. How about some 90210 figures! I loved that show when I was 12! How about Dallas and Dynasty for those older folks here!

SS has only done shows that have had some sort of Sci-Fi element to them. Stop asking for every retarded show that's on TV to get a 12". I can see a LOST liscencse because of the Sci-Fi factor, but no other show comes to mind that would deserve 12" representation. While a show may be great, it doesn't mean we need figures of it.
I never understand why people feel the need to get so upset over someone expressing a desire for a particular figure. It is not like he started a Scofield Krusade.:D

I like the show, but similar to LOST, the characters aren't visually interesting enough to warrant figures. Although a waist up bust of Scofield with the tats might be an interesting piece.

Darklord Dave said:
I like the show, but similar to LOST, the characters aren't visually interesting enough to warrant figures. Although a waist up bust of Scofield with the tats might be an interesting piece.
A waist up bust of Scofield would be great. I would think it would have to be at least 1/2 scale to really showcase the detail in the tatoo.

Bannister said:
I never understand why people feel the need to get so upset over someone expressing a desire for a particular figure. It is not like he started a Scofield Krusade.:D

It has nothing to do with this show. I've never seen it, therefor have no opinion on it. I was just stating that people are getting silly over these requests for EVERY single show that they like. I mean how many TV shows has SS done a line for? Buffy, Angel (which is just a spin off of Buffy), X-Files, and Star Trek. All are sci-fi shows that were on for an extended period of time and had a good, loyal following. Not some flash in the pan of a show that could fade out by the time the first figure is released. There have been requests for 24, Prison Break, LOST, the Office, and Seinfeld.... off the top of my head. The only one that would even seem to fit in SS's criteria would be LOST. Mainly because it has the sci-fi element and is insanely popular. I mean I love that show, have watched every episode since the premeir and I doubt I'd buy any LOST figures.

Darth Loki said:
There have been requests for 24, Prison Break, LOST, the Office, and Seinfeld.... off the top of my head. The only one that would even seem to fit in SS's criteria would be LOST. Mainly because it has the sci-fi element and is insanely popular. I mean I love that show, have watched every episode since the premeir and I doubt I'd buy any LOST figures.

if sideshow can do Hogan's Heros and Get Smart, they can do Seinfeld.

Darth Loki said:
All are sci-fi shows that were on for an extended period of time and had a good, loyal following.

:lol Sorry man. I just love that show soo much that I want figures of the characters. Maybe not by SS but Medicom perhaps and distributed by SS. Oh, and SS doesn't revolve around Sci-fi or science-fiction genre only:

James Bond
Hogan's Heroes
Music Legend line
Army line :rolleyes:
Monty Phyton

If you haven't watched it, if you have nothing to do on a Monday night, just check it out see if you like it. :eek:

CAhobbit said:
Great season opener! A very good shock at the end. How ever will everything work out? I have a feeling that the intelligent detective on the case now will eventually turn to certain escapees side. He'd be smart enough to help bring down the bad folks and reveal the big mysterious behind it all.

A Scofield Bust with Tats would be an awesome bust :rock I would buy it in a heartbeat.

...the new detective...i am scared for the escapees. This new guy is smart. I have no idea how they will out run him. And yeah, i think he will play a significant role in attaining the real bad guys but probably next season :D

Darth Loki said:

I agree Loki. This forum is turning into a 12" request forum.

It is really getting old and I am sick of seeing all the worthless threads.

No wonder most of the gang from Sideshow stopped posting here.

Gruson said:
No wonder most of the gang from Sideshow stopped posting here.
what he said.

.. I understand everybody has their own opinion and the right to voice it, but consequences come with being so critical of everything all the time. Such as the above.

I don't think the 12" requests have gotten out of hand. Much of SSC's success can be attributed to action figures and as they've matured so have some of their collectors.

I know some statue people look down their noses at the 12", but I'd say the majority of the members here enjoy both the 1/6 and other items.

I don't mind 12" figure talk.

It is the "Sideshow requests" threads like this one that are annoying.

It is getting out of hand.

Other recent examples:

Doctor Who
V for Vendetaa
Prison Break
Seinfeld
Pirates
The Office
Fear and Loathing in LV
Lexx

I know, I can ignore these threads and I usually do. ;)

Back