Upcoming Book: The Star Wars Vault

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
From starwars.com:

Ever wonder what it would be like to pour over Lucas' original handwritten story treatment for Empire, or thumb through a photo album given to the cast and crew of A New Hope? Do you regret throwing out that rare program book for a 1978 Star Wars concert performed by John Williams, or that ticket stub to the one and only licensed Star Wars Circus? And just where did that Star Wars t-shirt go that you wore as a kid? Well, fans can now relive the Star Wars saga as insiders, concert goers, t-shirt savvy kids and others would have experienced it in a massive new interactive tome called The Star Wars Vault from Harper Entertainment.

Written by Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet and Pete Vilmur, The Star Wars Vault recounts the history of the pervasive saga which spans three decades and has generated scores of paraphernalia -- items readers can now unfold, flip over, touch, and even hear -- reproduced script pages, tickets, blueprints, catalogs, stickers, sheet music, audio interviews, radio spots, radio drama excerpts and more. But these are just the beginning of this mega-scrapbook of all things Star Wars.

The Star Wars Vault will include:

• 50 interactive, rare and some never-before-published memorabilia, including reproductions of Lucas's own handwritten script pages, flip-through catalogs, swag, posters, T-shirt transfers, tattoos, stickers, blueprints, production notes, animation cells and much more!
  • Hundreds of photos and pieces of artwork.
  • 2 CDs containing over 2 hours of vintage radio ads, original cast interviews, excerpts from the NPR Star Wars radio drama, the complete Star Tours soundtrack, George Lucas's commentary and other tracks that tell the story of everyone's favorite galaxy battle as never before.

Look for The Star Wars Vault in book stores this fall.

20070314_1_bg.jpg

20070314_2_bg.jpg

I've had an opportunity to get some inside skinny on this thing. It's going to be amazing and worth every penny of the $75-85 list price, believe me.

Reference books are probably my favorite area of SW collecting, actually... and there has never been a better time than now what with the "Dressing A Galaxy", "Sculpting A Galaxy" books, the new "Making of STAR WARS" book, and this and a few others on the horizon.

:rock

I was reading about this last night when doing the story for our FP at Sandtroopers. I ordered it right away from Amazon for $53 bucks. These kinds of books are so much fun to read and get all the behind the scenes info. It truly makes being a fan that much cooler IMO.

Sansweet has some more book surprises up his sleeve after this as well.

Like I said, there has never been a better time for SW reference book collectors.

I'm getting this for sure. It will go nicely on the shelf with the two Chronicles books, Dressing a Galaxy, Sculpting a Galaxy, the Poster Book, The Wildlife Guide, the visual dictionaries, the cross sections, the "Art of" books, etc.

I'm a sucker for these things.

The ill Jedi said:
Sweet, I just ordered the Vault and Making of Star Wars!

Yeah, guys... don't forget this one either. It comes out in just over a month (4/24). Amazon still has the hardcover (normally $75.00) for $47.25 plus free shipping:

0345494768.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

IrishJedi said:
That's a steal for this book, trust me. It's gonna be loaded with tons of goodies.

I don't doubt it at all. Just reading up on it last night and I need to order the making book as well. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm not into EU, but I HAVE to start a collection of these reference books! Look at this picture, don't you feel like a kid in a candy store having all of this on front of you? :monkey5

20070314_2_bg.jpg

Don't forget the Chronicles books as well. They are really nice and they've got reference picks of pretty much everything you can think of (although there are some holes).

IrishJedi said:

Yeah, guys... don't forget this one either. It comes out in just over a month (4/24). Amazon still has the hardcover (normally $75.00) for $47.25 plus free shipping:

Thanks for that! Order in! :rock

Back