Sandtroopers (The New Batch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK0083

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just finished doing some re-work on my Sandtroopers.

Here's an older photo I posted a while back.

25z6xol.jpg

I toned down on the weathering this time around. I also added a black pauldron trooper.

2w7kaja.jpg

30nekhi.jpg

2n1tglk.jpg

2jcwqic.jpg

Revised Sandtrooper Sergeant
35kv5t1.jpg

2m7vnsl.jpg

2qxxcgw.jpg

The weathering looks awesome. How did you do it? Mind sharing some tips or tutorial??

Excellent--- are those all done with Medicom bodies? Are you buying one of the new Sandtroopers (or a couple) to add to your growing squadron?

DarthNeil said:
Excellent--- are those all done with Medicom bodies? Are you buying one of the new Sandtroopers (or a couple) to add to your growing squadron?

I think TK uses mostly customized Marmits for his Sandtroopers.
It's one hell of a collection!

Mortar Conn said:
Yeah, those look like Marmits to me. Damn inspiring, TK0083. You're one of the ST gods.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You all are much too kind:monkey2 I'm just happy to share them.

KamenGuyver said:
The weathering looks awesome. How did you do it? Mind sharing some tips or tutorial??

The weathering was done using several washes of this fine product from Gunze Sangyo:
4bi1yl0.jpg

I used thinner to remove excess paint; moreso in some areas.

abake said:
I think TK uses mostly customized Marmits for his Sandtroopers.
It's one hell of a collection!

Abake and Mortar Conn are right. These are Marmit Action Figure Kits.

Here's a pic showing the Dragon figure I use for a base body (Alexander the Great) along with Sideshow's Bib Fortuna for scale.

4h1wro6.jpg

2meuzba.jpg

I wish Marmit still sold these. I really like the look of their helmets compared to Medicom's.

excellent excellent work!

And i love the totally 'natural' human poses. They never look like toys. Good work sir :bow

JustinLuck said:
I wish Marmit still sold these. I really like the look of their helmets compared to Medicom's.

I agree. I think the Medicom Stormtroopers are meant to be RETURN OF THE JEDI troopers (just as Medi's Vader and Luke are ROTJ), and the Marmits are ANH troopers. There's a slight difference to the helmets they made for the films, and after a while you can start to tell the difference.

Here's how cool the Marmits were: I did some research, and discovered that in ANH, there were TWO types of trooper helmets made. A hero version (I think they made 6) for close-ups, and a stunt version (produced en masse) for all the background guys. You can tell the difference in the lenses of the eyes, and the shape of the "frown" (as the costumers call it), that horizontal gash of black and gray across the helmet's face. Well, when I read all this, I checked with my Marmits to see how accurate they were. Well, the original Marmit stormtrooper has the ANH hero helmet. The Marmit sandtroopers all have the ANH stunt helmet.

How's THAT for authenticity?

This guy's sandtrooper customs are the best I've seen, BTW. Amazing!

These look so good I just bought one on ebay.:D

I hope that weathering paint you used is still available at hobby stores. I'm gonna try my hand at dirtying up this figure when I get it.

Is the Dragon body that much better than the body from Marmit? Better poses?

Back