Sandtroopers (The New Batch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cocoboloboy said:
These look so good I just bought one on ebay.:D

I hope that weathering paint you used is still available at hobby stores. I'm gonna try my hand at dirtying up this figure when I get it.

Is the Dragon body that much better than the body from Marmit? Better poses?

Hey! I buy 1/6 stuff from you off of eBay! :)

The DRAGON bodies ARE a bit more poseable than the Marmit body. I got all the Marmits, and they DID make improvements tp their body every time they released one. But you'd get better poseability with a DRAGON.

A tip or two....

Use a DRAGON who's bald or with flattened hair. If the head has sculpted hair, it'll be a lot harder to get the helmet on.

The best DRAGON body to use might be the one on Skip, the WW2 B-17 pilot. That's one of the ones with the shallow, skinny torsos; DRAGON did a few of those so that they could wear layers of clothing without bulking up. Might make it easier to get that chest/torso piece on. DRAGON did several figures with these bodies; Skip's the only one I can spot by name...

-AH!

Atom Hues said:
Hey! I buy 1/6 stuff from you off of eBay! :)

The DRAGON bodies ARE a bit more poseable than the Marmit body. I got all the Marmits, and they DID make improvements tp their body every time they released one. But you'd get better poseability with a DRAGON.

A tip or two....

Use a DRAGON who's bald or with flattened hair. If the head has sculpted hair, it'll be a lot harder to get the helmet on.

The best DRAGON body to use might be the one on Skip, the WW2 B-17 pilot. That's one of the ones with the shallow, skinny torsos; DRAGON did a few of those so that they could wear layers of clothing without bulking up. Might make it easier to get that chest/torso piece on. DRAGON did several figures with these bodies; Skip's the only one I can spot by name...

-AH!

Hey Adam! How's it goin'?

Thanks for the tip. I don't have any Dragon figures so now that I know which one will work best I'll keep an eye out for one one ebay.

Jango56031 said:
Great job on the troopers. I just posted my custom sandtrooper too(https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18575) and would like to someday improve the backpack. Are yours also from the marmit kits or did you build them? If so do you have any tips to share? :eek:

The backpacks are all from Marmit.

The body is Dragon's Alexander the Great. I chose this figure since it is tallest body Dragon produced. This would allow me to pose these with figures from Sideshow's Star Wars line.

More Pics!

Bib Fortuna playing snitch.
2cpug5g.jpg

30igv8g.jpg

He's over there? All right. We'll check it out.
2e3mibn.jpg

You better be right about this!
47b7pxx.jpg

40k6h3s.jpg

All right, Men! Load your weapons!
2morrde.jpg

Damn!

Saw the title to this thread and thought Medicom might've announced some more versions of the Sandtroopers in RAH form.

Still the work here is pretty incredible, these customs look brilliant, thanks for sharing your pics of them with us:D

Looking at your Troopers, I want those Marmits soooooo bad. They are truly beautiful. Your poses are great too. :clap

Back