The Detolf Massacre

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthos

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can't even describe what just happened...

100_2664.jpg

100_2663.jpg

100_2662.jpg

100_2660.jpg

100_2661.jpg

pure horror - I will never use Detolfs - That is what I learned from your massacre.

Hope you will find a solution to restore all your figures

Holy crap! :monkey2

What actually happend? Did the glass just break?

This will make me think twice about buying these if the glass just broke! I don't know what I'd do if my shelves broke and smashed all my statues... I'd feel sick!

PsychoCenobite :monkey2

It wasn't the weight of the statues. What I think happened was my wife's grandfather came by this week and had to get behind that cabinet to fix the phone line. He removed the statues and moved the cabinet and anyone who knows a deotlf will tell you, the shelves can shift to one side with only a minute edge holding on. I think the top shelf got moved and a few days later, the "weight" caused it collapse in on itself.

That's just crazy. Sorry to see that happen to your collection :monkey2

I'm sorry that happened to you. Just terrible. I have a friend who just bought a couple of Detolf's and I know he reads this board. He's having nightmares about this I'm sure. I hope your able to replace or at least acceptably repair your most important collectibles. Very sorry.

Anthos said:
It wasn't the weight of the statues. What I think happened was my wife's grandfather came by this week and had to get behind that cabinet to fix the phone line. He removed the statues and moved the cabinet and anyone who knows a deotlf will tell you, the shelves can shift to one side with only a minute edge holding on. I think the top shelf got moved and a few days later, the "weight" caused it collapse in on itself.
Ouch. This is one of my worst fears, sorry to see it happen. What do you mean the shelf shifted and then it collapsed on itself? Did the weight break the glass or did the fall? :monkey2

Oh, the horror!:horror I can't imagine the nightmares this must be causing. I hope you can salvage most of those beauties and reassemble your heirem. You just talked me right out of buying Detolfs on the real.

1HAPPYBOY said:
Oh, the horror!:horror I can't imagine the nightmares this must be causing. I hope you can salvage most of those beauties and reassemble your heirem. You just talked me right out of buying Detolfs on the real.

Their were only 3 survivors...each has a mark though.

1. Mary Jane Bowen

2. She-Dragon

3. Witchblade School girl

omg... i'm so sorry!!! i wish i could say more but i just don't know what i could say that would make you feel better.

truly sorry for you loss.

:crying

That is just aweful man! I really feel sorry for you. I remember it was you whose Spiderman got broken by your mother-in-law some time back as well. You really shouldn't let your in-laws into your room ever again.

Back