HELP!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I have never done something like this before (and never thought I would) but I honestly can't think of anything else to do at this point...

Something very unexpected came up this afternoon and I need cash in a BAD way. Let me just lay it all out for bare, because at this point I'm so desperate that airing my personal laundry is the least of my worries:

As some of you know, I am currently going through a Divorce. It hasn't been nasty (in fact, it's been rather cordial at times) but like any Divorce it has been a painful, expensive laborious process and not a lot of fun. That we have three children (ranging from 4 to 13) and lots of property makes it that much more complex.

Anyway, here's the deal: During the credit scouring process of the whole thing, the IRS came sniffing and decided (out of the kindess of their hearts, no doubt) to do a full audit on us for 2004 & 2005. Naturally, they found little errors here and there (which they always do as 86% of all tax returns have some kind of error). The total due was a little over $5,000.00... mostly because I was technically self-employed most of that time (writing gigs) and was hit with the fun Self-Employment Taxes. Okay, no biggie. I agreed as part of the Divorce Agreement and Settlement that I would be responsible for paying that (even though it was a Joint return). It was just easier to volunteer to do so than risk a fight over it with the lawyers. It was my understanding at the time-- and until about Noon today -- that this would need to be paid upon the completion of the Divorce. Well, to put it bluntly, I was misinformed and my attorney dropped the ball BIG TIME. In a nutshell, I just found out today that I have until 3:00 PM Monday to pay at least $3,750of it or all of my case filings up to this point are null and void and the IRS can even come after any property! :google Basically, if I don't come up with that money in the next few days I can quite literally lose everything (or, what little I would have had when the dust settled anyway). I spoke with my ex and her attorney and there isn't even anything they can do to stop it. I either pay, or I am screwed. And on top of it all, we would have to file divorce papers all over again. :(

So, how can you help? Well, for starters, I have had several things For Sale here on the site and on other boards. BUY SOMETHING! Please!! I had to solicit for donations or loans, but I will if I have to. This is that desperate of a situation. But even then I would feel bad just acception $$ from folks, so anyone who can do ANYTHING will receive SOMETHING in return from me... collectibles, prints, toys, autographs (no, not mine), etc. Heck, I just threw up my entire Clone Wars Maquette collection for sale because it was one of the first things I could think of that I can likely get rid of quickly. And I have cancelled any impending pre-auths or pre-orders I have.

I'm not completely broke, and can come up with at least $1,500 on my own by Monday... but that leaves me about $2,000 or so short. :(

Anyone have any ideas or words of encouragement?

Thanks for listening (reading) regardless.

Oh, and will 2007 end already??? Sheesh.. if it weren't for things like friends, this site and a few cons this would surely be The Year From Hell For Me. :monkey4

Damn dude I dont know what to say. That is some F'd up crap....

What else are you planning to sell besides what youve posted up. Maybe I can pick up a thing or two depending on what they are?

Damn dude, very tough spot. My advice is sell, sell and sell everything you can and are willing to part with. Start listing now and take the money. Sell your Cap exclusive that just got converted to an order. Do what you must.

If you need a quick fix (and working in a bankruptcy office I feel dirty for even suggesting this) I would just take out a loan on your car. That may buy you a little time at least (but only if you can pay it back right away - those interest rates really rack up fast).

Sorry about your situation. 2007 hasn't been much kinder to me either.

yeah 2007 seems to be a rough year for everyone. i hope everything works out for you man. if you want to split it up i call dibs on the Mace maquette!!!

Here is some more...

https://www.irishjedi.com/store/sw_collectibles.html

I also have the EP3 Clone Trooper Helmet Kit (JavaMonkey V2), Biker Scout Blaster kit and finished Clone Blaster rifle left from here:
https://www.irishjedi.com/store/sw_props.html

Also, I have the GG Sandtrooper Corporal (C3 Exclusive) bust MIB for $90 shipped and the Bronze Republic Commando maquette for $375 shipped.

And of course there are the prints posted in the "Star Wars" forum.

I'll see what else I can think of.

Do you have any 401K? Is so, borrow some and pay it back. I did that a couple years back for taxes.

Geez Irish--- sorry to hear about this.
Wish I could help but I've had to cancel a bunch of things recently to keep myself on a strict budget with the little one running around.
I'm sending good vibes your way and a :monkey1 to your government revenue folks--- oh boy, "W" probably read that with the tapping going on.
I've got to get the hosers at the border ready.:angrycanu

I'll send some positve thoughts your way (and prayer). My sister was in a similar situation last year (having to cough up a lot of money in a short time) and she ended up having to sell some stocks she had in order to pay for it.

I am not allowed to even sniff the 401k until the divorce is final. :monkey2

Isn't there a way for you and your ex to make a deal with the lawyers to tap into this? Surely they know what is going on. I bet your ex doesn't want to start back over either.

Back