Halloween (spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
not sure if we should start one of these threads or not but i figured it wouldnt hurt. mods if you dont think its necessary please trash it.
~~i HATE this piece of garbage. i really tried to like it, i really did. sorry, but its just the fact that rob zombie is a total ****** and he needs to have john carpenter school him on what to do. i think rob uses foul language too much and it really offends me to think thats what he believes should be in the movie. sorry if most of us are older than 12 and can comprehend more than four letter words. IMO he ruined the Laurie Strode character in almost every way. i wanted to puke during her first scene with her mother in the kitchen... what i love about the REAL laurie was that she was the shy, intellectual, and quiet type.... not the OC wannabe that was presented to us in the movie.
i think malcolm macdowell was great....he did wonders with the rest of the garbage around him. sure he's known for overacting, but in horror movies thats whats so great. other than that the gratuitous violence reminded me of Hostel/ Saw/ The Devil's Rejects..... oh yeah does rob zombie know anything about suspense??? like i said he needs to go back to school....

~~~ps danielle harris is soooo hot.

Last edited:
That sucks to hear.... I was hoping that Halloween would be the film that would teach him the art of suspense but it seems as though it wasn't. That is what was so artful about the original film, the suspense throughout. The end of the movie, with the various locations being shown... with Michael breathing in the background... Still chilling to this day.

I wish this film would have been better... :monkey2

I will have more to say when I see it this weekend. Really want to see the mess for myself.

I won't be catching this until next week but I don't like what I'm hearing....

^^^Totally agree and couldn't have said it better myself!!! I am one who doesn't care for complete B.S. gore and the attempt to dull an individuals senses further and further.

I am not one that watches a horror movie and decides yay or nay based on the total amount of kills, I mean WTF is so pleasing about the count of how many people die in a film? Are we watching horror movies to see people die in disturbing fashions or are we wanting be get scarred based on the suspence or the mystery written between the lines?

Before I am deemed a hypocrite I AM going to see this film, yes I am still going because I made a promise to my nephew and have already purchased 3 tickets. Just kinda venting with all the unnesessary pathetic "Shock Violence" and grotesk scenery we see in films by the likes of a wannabe director in Rob Zombie.

Rob should stick to pretending to be a zombie and stay far away from film making, shoot, make another music album or something............:rolleyes:

Hey Mr. Zombie! Think of all the weak minded boneheads that will learn some tricks after watching your film...................but lets not forget, people don't commit horrendous crimes from what they learn from something as simple as watching a movie. :rolleyes:

We'll see folks, I definetly don't expect **** from this film, other than extreme gore.

very true. i hate how many people are swinging from rob's zombie's since he decided to start directing movies. i think he's improving with every movie, but whoever gave him the green light to tackle the remake of a classic, defining movie for the genre should be sent packing. i feel this movie spent TOO much time expanding on michael's past. thats what makes the originals so freaky....nobody knew why a little boy would snap and fly off the deep end. i think rob's approach almost wants us to feel sorry for him. again what i really hated about the movie was what the heck happened to laurie strode??? no buildup on her character at all...when it hit the fan i didn't really care who lived or died.

when it hit the fan i didn't really care who lived or died.

Frankly I never care. I always root for the slasher :eek:

I'm going to see this on Saturday. Not liking the reactions so far. At least the Myers outfit and Mask look cool.

I've got my Moviecash for this movie, so I'm going to see it tomorrow afternoon with some friends of mine. I started out thinking this was a bad idea. Then it looked promising. Now it looks like my gut instinct was right once again.

But it'll be fun to watch this train wreck... :)

I agree about what made the original Halloween and many classic horror films great was the buildup and not the showing of the violence, but somewhere the days of Hitch**** films and old school horror like Halloween, and the modern horror films, someone apparently came to feel that pushing the limit of brutality and gore was what made for a good horror film. I don't blame Zombie for his style because that's just how it is today, but I do think it's sad that senseless shock-value thrills are what directors think it takes to make a good film these days. I think a statement from the produces of John Rambo sums it up; for a Rambo film, a series of movies based more on heavy action, guns and explosions feels pressure from the modern film making world that without extreme violence and brutality, a film can't compete in Hollywood today. There are still some quality pieces that come out of Hollywood today, but so much of quality is getting tossed out, and it's already shaped audiences enough that it can succeed and has become the standard people accept.

mmmm..that sucks to hear...I'll still go see it on saturday.

Hmmmmm.....its interesting to read so many negative reviews.....I'm still going to be in line tomorrow I'm a gutton for classic horror characters like Michael Myers. :cool:

So, is this a remake, a re-imagining, a prequel or what? I don't think I've really seen an answer.

Since the original Halloween was the only movie that ever scared me and still does today (mostly the song) it has become my favorite movie and these reviews are freaking me out cause I don't want it to suck but Rob has been know for crappy movies

So, is this a remake, a re-imagining, a prequel or what? I don't think I've really seen an answer.

It's a new look on the original story, at least as described when the project began. Zombie felt that there was more story to tell about Michael, rather than having him be the boogeyman and be some abstract character, he wanted to give him more back story and define his character more, and develop some of the other characters more so and in different ways, but also working towards reflecting the original a fair ammount.

It's a new look on the original story, at least as described when the project began. Zombie felt that there was more story to tell about Michael, rather than having him be the boogeyman and be some abstract character, he wanted to give him more back story and define his character more, and develop some of the other characters more so and in different ways, but also working towards reflecting the original a fair ammount.

With that comment, I would like to say that I personally thought that Zombie did a decent job showing how it all started. I don't know why everyone is getting so friggin excited saying characters were ruined. It was not a remake. If you have that thought pattern going in, it probably will annoy or pi$$ you off. Was it my all time fav no. Was I offended by the language no. If you seen any of robs flicks he doesn't shy away from F bombs and everything else. With that being said I was ready for it. I knew people would be *****ting their pants over this movie... :rolleyes:

Is the original better = Yes
Is it better than the last few puke attempts at a halloween movie = Yes

I could add more but I don't see much of a point. To all those that have not seen it yet... Just remember its not a remake, keep an open mind going into it and I think you'll enjoy it. :cool:

I could add more but I don't see much of a point. To all those that have not seen it yet... Just remember its not a remake, keep an open mind going into it and I think you'll enjoy it. :cool:

That's basically how I've approached this film. I view it as a sequel, and with all of it's new elements, it in ways is, but with some elements that'll be familiar. The only things I expect with regards to the original are some nice nostalgic references to classic Halloween moments and dialogue, after that, it's a new Halloween film in my mind.

It's kinda funny in the wrong places. :lol

I'd love to see Zombie direct something he hasn't written.

LOVED THE FREAKING MOVIE!!!! I'm a big fan of all horror movies. John Carpenter is legendary but Zombie is getting there. I like Zombie's vision of horror and gore. Suspense wasn't there cause we already know everyone is going to DIE!!! If you want suspense, probably not worth your time. If you want blood and gore, it is well worth it. Choice of actors was excellent. Laurie was changed a bit but she was still a b!tch so she deserved a nice slow death. My favorite scene.....fight scene with Ken Foree in the bathroom....good dialogues :chew

DSC04477Medium.jpg

LOVED THE FREAKING MOVIE!!!! I'm a big fan of all horror movies. John Carpenter is legendary but Zombie is getting there. I like Zombie's vision of horror and gore. Suspense wasn't there cause we already know everyone is going to DIE!!! If you want suspense, probably not worth your time. If you want blood and gore, it is well worth it. Choice of actors was excellent. Laurie was changed a bit but she was still a b!tch so she deserved a nice slow death. My favorite scene.....fight scene with Ken Foree in the bathroom....good dialogues :chew

DSC04477Medium.jpg

I like that t shirt.:D Are you guys talking about the theatrical version or the leaked one?

Back