Plo Koon custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callous

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I started this custom a long time ago but never really had the best references so I went back over it. It's based more on Plo from the first film.
The head, neck and hands were sculpted by me. The robe was done by D-Art studios. The saber hilt was custom built by Cryoguns. The body used in the custom is a volks neo guy.

plokoon7.jpg

plokoon6.jpg

plokoon5.jpg

plokoon9.jpg

plokoon10.jpg

Very cool. I forgot you were working on this. Are the hands bendable or are there different variations? And there's a separate neck? Sweet. Any chance of getting these? :D He's my favorite looking Jedi.

The sculpting is just as nice as Sideshow's! Very impressive. Not an easy task I imagine since you pretty much have to start from scratch. The robes also look great, with an Episode 1 feel to them. Fantastic job!

Great work, like Coco said the neck articulation is really well done! And the robes are a huge improvement over the SS version! Excellent work :rock

Thanks guys!
The sculpt is from scratch actually started and completed before Sideshow did there's and then when I saw Sideshow's and the Gentle giant's bust I saw how off mine was so I had to go back over it. I did three hand sculpts too. Two more or less relaxed hands and one saber gripping hand. The neck detail was sculpted over the volks neo body but I also did a separate neck piece that fits a DML body and or a hot toys body and with a little trimming a SS body. I can cast the sculpt for anyone who is interested but I don't see this as being a very popular sculpt especially considering the fact that SS has already released this guy and there's is pretty damn good. I am working up a couple more alien jedi. They are kinda fun to sculpt.
I wish I could take credit for the robe but I can't sew to well and so I commissioned it out to Deniz Baygen of D-art studios. I've had him do a couple of robes for me now and they are great for anyone who is interested.
https://www.d-artstudios.com/

Awesome work,SSC's sculpt was good but like much of their 1/6 line the attire was mediocre so it's good to see a Plo Koon with nicely done robes. What other aliens are you working on?

You might want to put Darklord Dave in touch with this guy if he still plans on making his big total custom site. I know he was trying to attract people that do soft goods.

Thats amazing scuplting and a really impressive custom from scratch.

What other aliens have you got lined up, i would be interested in some jedi aliens or cantinas.

I bet if you could come up with some generic alien head and hand sculpts you could sell a ton to those who want to buy a separate body so they don't need to pay $70 plus shipping from SSC.

I noticed the robe has a hood. Is that the same robe that is on the website, but with the hood added or a totally new robe? And where'd you get the rust colored tunic?

Don't sell yourself short. I like this one better than SSC's. The detail looks very nice and the hands a a lot better. Though I guess there was some differences between movies, I like the TPM version more.

Thanks guys. The other custom sculpts I've got in the works are coleman trebor and even piel. Here's some in progress shots of them.
colemantreborwip2.jpg

colemantreborwip1.jpg

smallbody1.jpg

smallbody3.jpg

smallbody2.jpg

I'll get better pictures up when they are finished.
Sachiel the first robe I commissioned didn't have the hood but I had that corrected. The image on the website might be from the first robe.
Anzik hayes you mean sculpt a generic alien head and hands from a specific SW alien race like rodian etc.? I still don't know that a lot of people would be interested in such. You'd have to paint the casts find a body and sew the robes and that's a lotta work.

First of all both of those are amazing sculpts. If you're selling casts, I'd be interested in both Coleman and Piell.
Secondly, SW fans go nuts for aliens, and SSC probably won't do background, no name aliens since they caught so much flack about making unnamed Endor soldiers. But Cantina aliens could be clothed in kit bashed outfits and there are plenty of painters for hire.
With sculpting of your quality I bet there would be a lot of interest.

Try putting out a 'feeler' thread to gauge some interest. A bunch of us got a commission together for a Wesley head (From Buffy and Angel) to which Spenser made an awesome sculpt of and I think we finally had over 25 casts he sold.

Collectors love customs.

Back