Google Chrome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded it and installed it this morning. It is the fastest browser I've ever used!!! Loads the Sideshow web site home page in about 3 seconds, compared to IE's 17 seconds!!! Seriously!! I timed this several times to verify. I'm on a very fast 64 bit machine with tons of RAM and I've never had FireFox or IE load web pages this fast before! And if something crashes, you can open a "task manager" and kill the individual tab or process instead of having to close IE completely when the same thing happens! You can drag a tab out to a window and back to a tab, etc. etc. etc.!!! Too many cool things! I will be running and testing this right up to Spooktacular, and if nothing pops up to cause me concern, I will be using this browser during Spook and have a huge advantage over all you chumps... wait... should I have just mentioned this? Dang it! Now all of you know!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

I need to give this a try. I'm getting tired of IE crashing and taking out all my opened tabs with it.

I will be running and testing this right up to Spooktacular, and if nothing pops up to cause me concern, I will be using this browser during Spook and have a huge advantage over all you chumps... wait... should I have just mentioned this? Dang it! Now all of you know!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

:rotfl

As soon as I read your comments, I started thinking the exact same thing.:lol

I am downloading it here at work so that should give me plenty of time to decide if I want to change from Firefox at home.

Built in Spell-checker!!! There are people on this board who could use this feature!! New Java engine and wicked cool Java console!!! (Geek stuff!) I love it so far!

Built in Spell-checker!!! There are people on this board who could use this feature!! New Java engine and wicked cool Java console!!! (Geek stuff!) I love it so far!

Firefox has this too.

You've sold me LC. I will download this tonight.

I downloaded it and installed it this morning. It is the fastest browser I've ever used!!! Loads the Sideshow web site home page in about 3 seconds, compared to IE's 17 seconds!!! Seriously!! I timed this several times to verify. I'm on a very fast 64 bit machine with tons of RAM and I've never had FireFox or IE load web pages this fast before! And if something crashes, you can open a "task manager" and kill the individual tab or process instead of having to close IE completely when the same thing happens! You can drag a tab out to a window and back to a tab, etc. etc. etc.!!! Too many cool things! I will be running and testing this right up to Spooktacular, and if nothing pops up to cause me concern, I will be using this browser during Spook and have a huge advantage over all you chumps... wait... should I have just mentioned this? Dang it! Now all of you know!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

17 seconds? What internet service are you on?... All my pages load up instantly and this school connection isn't very good.

17 seconds? What internet service are you on?... All my pages load up instantly and this school connection isn't very good.

Sometimes it isn't the connection speed that affects load times. It is browser overhead. Lonnie was talking about loading the same page over the same connection, just changing the browser.

That's one reason I almost NEVER use IE. Firefox is much better (from my experience), but I'm typing this right now in Chrome, and so far I'm very impressed. For example, it has the ability to resize the editing box I'm typing in. I like that kind of attention to seemingly small details.

The big question for me will be how extensible it is. I have some Firefox plug-ins that I regularly use that would be hard to live without.

[Edit] FWIW, I just did the same test, and got the same exact result. Chrome loaded the Sideshow home page in an average of 3 seconds, Firefox (v3.0.1) in 4 seconds, and IE 7 in 17 seconds. And, Ironically, only IE 7 complained about errors on the page. Neither Firefox nor Chrome had any problems.

Last edited:
...The big question for me will be how extensible it is. I have some Firefox plug-ins that I regularly use that would be hard to live without...

Plug-ins are coming... this is open source, so there will be a lot of plug-ins before too long.

As for the review, I haven't noticed his problems at all yet, and it seems like Chrome is a lot faster than IE 7. I will be begin reviewing IE 8 soon, so I can compare on a head-to-head basis.

Back