JP Dio repaint...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well ladies and gents, I finally got the photos of my JP dio repainted by Dave Stann. Here you have it.
PICT0013.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

I was happy with the piece to begin with, but now only a line of dancing bananas can adequately express my glee... :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

He really nailed the color on it. Frankly I'm disappointed Sideshow didn't give us this to begin with... He's shipping it out tomorrow, glad to have a JP Grail I can be proud of. This is in the same league as the JP concept art Crash McCreery sent me. Damn happy with how it turned out.

He really nailed the color on it. Frankly I'm disappointed Sideshow didn't give us this to begin with... He's shipping it out tomorrow, glad to have a JP Grail I can be proud of. This is in the same league as the JP concept art Crash McCreery sent me. Damn happy with how it turned out.

Your lucky Scar
And yea I think thats what the paint Job should of been like from the Beginning but hey you got yourself a JP Grail now
Are you going to pick up the Faux-Bronze JP Dio?

Your lucky Scar
And yea I think thats what the paint Job should of been like from the Beginning but hey you got yourself a JP Grail now
Are you going to pick up the Faux-Bronze JP Dio?

I get why some people would, but it's not for me. So much of the reason I got this one repainted was to have the coloration of the dinos match what we know and love from the movies. Faux bronze mutes the entire think just for that "ooooh, shinyy!" effect. I'm happy with my repaint.:D Anyone else feel the faux bronze was superfluous? I understand the "classic film" treatment for it, but still, I didn't see it coming. Very happy with my dio now.

Last edited:
Congrats Scar. It looks a lot better, is it finished? I think it still can use a bit of details.

Last edited:
There's just no pleasing some people. :rolleyes: Touch of tweaking and it's in the mail. Can't wait. Dave's kept me involved throughout the process to make sure that there is the greatest possible attention to detail with the piece. There's no way, in my mind, that he can improve upon the T.rex. During the time he's been working on it, I've been scoping 50+ frame by frames of the battle to make sure that it's finalized accurately. The Velociraptor detail you can't really see as well in the figures, but the way he finished the coloration, particularly of the attacking Velociraptor, is magnificent. He managed to achieve the tan shade with the tint of grey spectacularly.

Last edited:
There's just no pleasing some people. :rolleyes: Touch of tweaking and it's in the mail. Can't wait. Dave's kept me involved throughout the process to make sure that there is the greatest possible attention to detail with the piece. There's no way, in my mind, that he can improve upon the T.rex. During the time he's been working on it, I've been scoping 50+ frame by frames of the battle to make sure that it's finalized accurately. The Velociraptor detail you can't really see as well in the figures, but the way he finished the coloration, particularly of the attacking Velociraptor, is magnificent. He managed to achieve the tan shade with the tint of grey spectacularly.

Awesome! Don't forget to post tons of pics when it's completed.

Other than smoothing over the eyes and getting rid of some superfluous paint overlay, it's done. I'll be sure to post pics once I have it in-hand!

I took a hell of a lot of before pics, so I'll be sure to post them alongside the final product.

Back