Michael Myers SilentSurfer Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CNC04484lg.jpg

This thread originally started with a question about the scale of the NECA Bobblehead Myers, then I wanted to know if there were any good Myers sculpts out there, and there doesn't seem to be any. So, I made one.

HPIM4977.jpg

Primored-
HPIM4952.jpg

HPIM4955.jpg

HPIM4956.jpg

Finished with hair. I still wish I could have gotten it to lay tighter to the head, but for a 1/6 figure, it's not bad being that it's not sculpted hair.

The coveralls aren't the right color at the moment (Sideshow actually got that right, but they were horribly baggy). These are Dark blue Saturday Toys coveralls which I hope to bleach and dye to the right shade of olive drab.

Anyway, what do you think?

HPIM4965.jpg

HPIM4967.jpg

Look close and you can even see the knitting needle hole in his neck now. I also painted the irises straight black to 'literally' portray how Loomis described them. "He had the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes." But I added gloss to them so you can tell there are eyes in there.
HPIM4974.jpg

Anybody have some good 1/6 Olive Drab coveralls for Mikey here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sideshow Michael Myers SiLeNT SuRFeR Style

Looks great! Really great! Makes me wonder why didn't I get that custom D.A. was selling last week while I could? :banghead

My Sideshow Myers is so pitiful looking :monkey2

I'd say contact DarkArtist. I think he was advertising some overalls in another thread.

Great resculpt!

Quotes from the original thread after posting those pics:
That's light years ahead of what Sideshow gave us. Great job!

Nicely done looks a million times better now.

:horror:horror:horror:horror now i really want this figure

Awesome, inspiring work mate!!

Thanks. I live to impress. The response I get from the Freaks has been a great motivator for me to push my skills to the next level.

I think you really have to nail the mask just right. People are picky when it comes to Micheal. He's such a iconic figure that if you don't you don't, you'll get the Halloween 4,5,6 feeling. Wasn't a big fan of the re-make but at least he looked the part.

So, what's your verdict. Did I nail it or what?

Considering I was working with the Sideshow sculpt to begin with, I think I got pretty close to this:
Picture2144822611.jpg

HPIM4965.jpg

Last edited:

I'd say contact DarkArtist. I think he was advertising some overalls in another thread.

Great resculpt!

I sent him a PM about where to find hair, but he still hasn't responded. Maybe I'll try him through his website.

Doing a little research I found what I needed at Jo-Ann's Fabrics. The hardest part of this piece was getting the hair on right. It needs to curve around his head from the forehead down the side, and then join together at the back. Really tricky to get it to fit the curves of the hair line. On the plus side, it was easy to hide mistakes by glueing on some pinches of hair.

Re: Sideshow Michael Myers SilentSurfer Style

I like mohair for doing hair on figures or masks. It feels just like hair and is really easy to shape.

I like mohair for doing hair on figures or masks. It feels just like hair and is really easy to shape.

That's pretty much what I used. The fibers could have been a bit shorter though for this scale. I did trim the back a bit so it didn't 'fin' out. I may futz with it more at a later time, but for now I'm just happy with finally having a decent H1-H2 Myers on my shelf next to my Freddys and Jasons.

I'm pretty certain that blue is the right color for the coveralls on classic Myers, and Olive drab would only be right for Zombie's version of the character.

That is seriously the BEST Myers I have ever seen! I am blown away. You should look into making casts, man. I'd buy one.

I did think about casting it, but I was so eager to see it finished that I couldn't wait to put the hair on it. If I can figure out a way to cast it with the hair on it, I definitely will.

I'm pretty certain that blue is the right color for the coveralls on classic Myers, and Olive drab would only be right for Zombie's version of the character.

I've heard different opinions on the color, but if you look at the color on the Sideshow pic above, that is the right color. It's sorta grey, and I've heard it referred to as olive, but as you said, Zombie's is definitely olive drab, and it looks different.:google I'm so confused on this one. I wish the Sideshow coveralls didn't suck so bad.

Blue was my initial instinct, and that'll do fine for now I suppose.

On the original Halloween if you pause when michael grabs one of the kids running from the school you can see they're a very dark green but, in most of the night shots the lighting makes them look blue.

You can see in this video at 0:47 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukPbscnXaNY

I love that video:rotfl

On the original Halloween if you pause when michael grabs one of the kids running from the school you can see they're a very dark green but, in most of the night shots the lighting makes them look blue.

You can see in this video at 0:47 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukPbscnXaNY

I love that video:rotfl

That may be the funniest thing I've seen in months.....

Dude, that was awesome! Now I want to see the whole movie with re-edits like that all the way through.

I think the technical color of the H1 coveralls is "spruce green."

https://www.awawork.com/ct10sg.html

But hey, if they "look" blue onscreen wouldn't that make them... blue?

Spruce Green! Maybe that's what I meant instead of olive drab. Although, really, there isn't much difference. Google image search for the color gave me these. Either one works for me.

Spruce Green
spruce-green-olefin.jpg

Olive Drab
olive-drab_LRG.jpg

What is the Hoth Han argument?

If this movie were in black and white, you could pretend the coveralls were whatever color you like. :D

Your custom is wonderful, btw. Take a bow.:chew

What is the Hoth Han argument?

In Empire, Han's winter parka sometimes photographed as blue, sometimes brown. Same issue with Indiana Jone's fedora in the seaplane sequence of Raiders: some say it's brown, others gray.

I've always seen Michael's coveralls as blue so that's what I'm sticking with!

Back