1/6 Scale Greedo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brinn 71

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Showed this guy in another thread and decided to post him up. Here is my 1/6 scale Greedo. I did him up about 10 or more years ago. Here he is:
Greedo_014.jpg
Greedo_02.jpg
Greedo_012.jpg
Greedo_017.jpg
Greedo_03.jpg
Greedo_016.jpg
Greedo_04.jpg
Greedo_010.jpg

This Greedo started out as a Hasbro Greedo. First thing I did was to cut off his ears. I then cut crescent shapes where his ears were, and at the base of his skull. I then re-glued the crescent shapes back together and this made his head about 10 to 15% smaller. I then cut out his eyes and added blue marbles inside the head poking out the eye holes. I added white milliput behind the marbles to keep them inside his head and also to catch the light and make the eyes look real. I then repainted the whole head.
I then took in the the costume by hand stitching. I then bought fabric paint and painted over the shiny green disco material. I also took in the vest and added a hidden holster for his gun on the reverse side.
I then cut the blaster away from the Hasbro Greedo's hand and scratch built a screen accurate blaster for him to hold. I transplanted the head and repainted hand onto a new body. I used a Cotswold Collectibles body, since, back then, there wasn't any other body to get! :lol
I used the left hand from a vinyl Greedo Applause statue and sculpted the back of the hand. I repainted that as well and attached it to the body. I also added a 'Build-a-Bear' voice box inside the body that I recorded all Greedo's dialogue on, so when you press his back he recites all of his movie dialogue.
I scratched the belt and used Hasbro Luke's Tatooine boots and there he is! Hope you all like him!
Greedo_09.jpg

The marble eyes look fantastic! Very screen-accurate too. I hope Sideshow keeps this in mind when they get around to making theirs. Excellent work. You made that Hasbro figure look 100 times better.

Brinn 71, good thing you separated the Blaster from Greedo's hand. That has always been such an eyesore in my Hasbro 12" collection.:lol

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://ancientnovels.com/?tracker=3248"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://ancientnovels.com/?tracker=3248" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>The marble eyes look fantastic! Very screen-accurate too. I hope Sideshow keeps this in mind when they get around to making theirs. Excellent work. You made that Hasbro figure look 100 times better.

I like the eyes, it's pretty original, great Greedo.

Looks great... and very impressed you were making figures of this caliber 10 years ago :duff

Hope Sideshow pays attention to some of you details when they make him... a bit one being the eyes :rock

Looks great... and very impressed you were making figures of this caliber 10 years ago :duff

Hope Sideshow pays attention to some of you details when they make him... a bit one being the eyes :rock

THANKS very much!
That is the problem with customs. I did mine a while ago and now I want to tweak or re-do them, but I know Sideshow will just do them and I'll buy them! :lol I've gotten lazy! :D
And with my son puttering around I don't have the time like I used to so I'll just wait for Sideshow to do all my favourites. I have a gallery of some of my other customs here:https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#

Some great pieces... did you also do the Chewbacca? Have to say that is my favorite custom of him I've seen... usually the face seems to get messed-up on these, but yours still retains the right amount of Chewie.

Yep, that is my Chewie. I am DIEING to give him an overhaul, but I want to re-paint my SS Han first, and finish my 20+ started customs that have been sitting on my work bench for YEARS! :rolleyes:

I SUCK! :lol

Last edited:
Back