Not a Movie yet, but it should be...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just finished up the book Ancestor, but fellow Michigander Scott Sigler. Originally, anyway - he lives out west now, I guess.

Excellent horror book, with a bit of decent sci-fi around genetics and xenotransplantation. I'm going to go back and read his first book, Infected, now.

If I hit the lottery, I'd option Ancestor in a heart beat - it'd make a great flick, with all the right elements - monsters, psychopaths, a high body count, plenty of gore, an isolated environment, even a few explosions.

So that's my pick of the day for a book I'd like to see turned into a flick. What book, graphic novel or other work would you like to see get the big screen treatment?

You just gave me a new book to put on my audiobook/ibooks list. Thanks.

As for my pick for a hopeful novel-to-film adaptation, it would be Spin, by Robert Charles Wilson. A very good story involving time-travel, planet-sized barriers, alien visitors, and the transcendence of humans into a greater being. Classic stuff that feels very personal and intimate.

Well, actually my previous #1 choice would've been World War Z, but that's already in the pipeline. :)

I'm gonna have to look into that Michael. Sounds right up my alley. Thanks!

My pick would be The Nightside Novels by Simon R Greene.

It's a fun little series. Very Noir and it involves a supernatural detective type guy solving supernatural mysteries in a place called the nightside, which is where nearly everything you could think of exists. From Merlin to Cthulhu to robots and any other sorta crazy things.

Yea, I was very happy with Ancestor, enough so to pick up his first book Infected. So far, so good.

Yea, WWZ is one of my favs too, and I'm not sure how they'll pull that off as a movie. I think AMC has it right using television to give us a great zombie story in Walking Dead, and I'm not sure how they can possibly give WWZ it's due in a couple hours. Fingers crossed though!

Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter. The book was just plain fun, and I would like to see it made into a movie. One of the authors other books is being made into a movie-- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

I read that not too long ago as well - great fun, but I'm not sure how they'd manage to translate the style of the book into a flick.

No, no, no, no, no....... No Ancester just yet because there should be an Infected and Contagious movie before they can do Ancester. If you liked Ancester Michael you are going to LOVE Infected and Contagious! Try out Earth Core as well its very well done. I havent gotten around to his other ones but those are some of his best.

Yea, I was very happy with Ancestor, enough so to pick up his first book Infected. So far, so good.

No, no, no, no, no....... No Ancester just yet because there should be an Infected and Contagious movie before they can do Ancester. If you liked Ancester Michael you are going to LOVE Infected and Contagious! Try out Earth Core as well its very well done. I havent gotten around to his other ones but those are some of his best.

:exactly:

Be sure to pick up Contagious as well. Looking forward to the third in the series! :)

I haven't picked up Ancestor yet, but it sounds like it's along the same lines. Meaning the gore/body count just with a different twist.

Not to mention that the settings are all in Michigan. I live in Ypsi (sort of), making the Infected story line even more interesting!

Back