Dragon to re-release NASA Astronauts and Kerberos Panzer Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I've been waiting and wondering whether they'd be re-releasing their 1/6 astronaut. The visor in the pic doesn't look reflective like their old 'Buzz' figure - could be the way the image was taken or a photoshop job but surely they wouldn't shy away from the mirror finish?

The visor is a solar reflector which is able to be raised or lowered. It was photographed in the raised position.

Just uploaded the pics-

NASA.jpg

NASA2.jpg

Kerb1.jpg

Kerb2.jpg

This is great news for those that missed out on the original "Buck" and "Aldrin" releases. I've already got three but may pick up one or two more as well.

The astronauts were among DML's best. I never got one, but they look fantastic even by today's standards.
The Panzerkop looks really good as well.

Great news!!! I've been looking for a Dragon Astronaut for years... but always seem to miss out on the deals.

Time to stock up on the patches from Monkey Depot.

CVI0056-2T.gif

Does anyone have shots of that old EVA Models Alan Shepherd conversion?

I hope one of these comes with the moon base as well.

Last edited:
This is great news. 21C is doing some rereleases and now Dragon. Hope this starts a trend with the other manufacturers should doing this prove worthwhile, profit-wise.

Any word on when they will be available and price? Hoping sooner than later.

I haven't heard anything regarding release dates yet. The catalogue covers the next couple of years, so who knows. But as all the design and tailoring is in place it shouldn't take too long to get them out!

DML is generally below the standards of DiD and HT, but the astronauts were always among DML's best figures. I think they would hold up well with today's higher-end figures.

I'm looking forward to DML's new Kerberos Panzer Cop figure. The last worthwhile one produced was from Takara Tomy from a year or so ago.

BTW . . . as for 21STCT . . . I noticed Cotswold listed some boxed figures for them, but are they are re-release or simply found/left over warehouse inventory/stock that 21STCT or whatever they're going by nowadays is simply liquidating?

is the kerberos cop a re-release or a re-engineered new one? The original was pretty aweful even then. Hands falls off all the time, ill fitting, oversized armor and outfit, giant head, crap plastic tube, and takes a dive off the shelf even when its sat down... (how it manage that is completely beyond me)

This is great news. 21C is doing some rereleases and now Dragon. Hope this starts a trend with the other manufacturers should doing this prove worthwhile, profit-wise.

What is 21st Century releasing? I didn't even know they still existed.

I have one of the first Dragon Astronauts, and it's great - you're really buying the suit, not the figure and the suit is great quality, even though the helmet doesn't really attach to the suit (the original releases were Buzz Aldrin - and I thought they also released a Neil Armstrong as the other figure but I'm not certain about that one).

The new releases seem to be unnamed generic figures with the same suits?

Anyway, I'm glad they are releasing these again. I plan to get a couple.

Sean

What is 21st Century releasing? I didn't even know they still existed.

I have one of the first Dragon Astronauts, and it's great - you're really buying the suit, not the figure and the suit is great quality, even though the helmet doesn't really attach to the suit (the original releases were Buzz Aldrin - and I thought they also released a Neil Armstrong as the other figure but I'm not certain about that one).

The new releases seem to be unnamed generic figures with the same suits?

Anyway, I'm glad they are releasing these again. I plan to get a couple.

Sean

No Neil Armstrong unfortunately...the first release was the generic astronaut "Buck"...then they followed that up with the Aldrin approved "Buzz" figure. These re-releases look more along the lines of the 'generic' "Buck" type versions.

Great space-suits though. Shame they never did a Mercury, Gemini and Shuttle suit.

The Astronauts look great. How does Dragon compare to Hot Toys in quality? Since this would be my first Dragon figure.

As abake said, the quality isn't quite HT, esp on head sculpting and paint, but the outfit is amazing. I used him in these pics with the HT/Winsom Ma- Space Adam and it still stands up really well!

pose26.jpg

pose22-1.jpg

pose24-1.jpg

pose25.jpg

Back