Sideshow Star Wars Maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
These have been talked about in various threads (couldn't find one searching for the last several minutes) and got my new Star Wars Insider today talking about them. Magazine showed Darth Maul and Nomad Obi-Wan which blends Ewan and Alec Guiness (looked like maybe swap out heads). Says the first one should be shown at the end of the year which is upcoming of course and then four more in 2011.

08c58b45.jpg

3e5bae55.jpg

506dc0cd.jpg

871e74a1.jpg

Oh, yeah. Those maquettes. I wonder if there will be a preview in today's newsletter.

Thanks for posting those, Josh.

Huh....I'm kind of meh on that style of Maul, seen enough already but I like Obi and the Gammy. I guarantee that the change-o-head will the exclusive but I wonder which head will be the regular....

Love Obi-wan and Gammy. Maybe I'll start an OT SW maquette collection. These sing to me more than the LOTR maquettes do.

I like the idea of Obi, very cool. He might be one I would pick up. Not a fan of the Maul very much.

Ugh too many PF I need to score first.

Oh, yeah. Those maquettes. I wonder if there will be a preview in today's newsletter.

Thanks for posting those, Josh.

THANKS JOSH!!!!! I LOVE the Obi-Wan. NICE!!! :)

No problem guys :hi5:

Huh....I'm kind of meh on that style of Maul, seen enough already but I like Obi and the Gammy. I guarantee that the change-o-head will the exclusive but I wonder which head will be the regular....

Its alright. I'm not blown away by it but not hating it either. Will want to see it all painted up first. Being my top character I might be willing to get it. Obi-wan looks great and I think Ewan will be the regular look of the piece.

These were discussed in the SDCC 2010 Sideshow panel.

Here's the link to the video.

Start at 4:11

They also show Grievous, Vader and Boba Fett in the video...

I really, really like these. Being an "art" guy... and someone who doesn't obsess over "screen accuracy" to the nth degree... I'm digging it. Problem is I'm also getting to the point where space is becoming a serious issue again. So... I'm torn!!!!

Last edited:
I guess these will be 1/6 or 1/7?

i wish they were 1/4. I'm getting old and bigger statues are easier on the eyes :lol

Zero interest in this. Don't want to have to start collecting yet another line only to have their format ADD cancel it 3-5 releases in for yet another format. :monkey1

Back