1/4 Scale Frodo!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that looks....pretty bad. I hope it's just the picture and is not indicative of the final product. I don't understand why they have him looking up like that? Didn't they learn from Pippin?

I also wish they would just get rid of the nameplates. They look cheesy and add take up extra vertical space. They should just have black around the sides like the SW line.

attachment0td.jpg

My initial impressions: The coat just seems too brightly colored--more like the actual costume under lights than how it looked color corrected in the movie's Moria scenes. The dwarf skull stands out too much and makes the base seem crowded. The hair on the feet needs to be done with more subtlety than that. And the face doesn't seem to look much like Elijah Wood. For some reason, I am getting more of a Charles Dickens vibe than LOTR. (In fact, my 4 year old son just saw the picture and said he was from the Muppet Christmas Carol movie!)

But I love the tattered bottom edge of the cloak! And I am happy with the pose.

And of course, once I see the official (larger) Sideshow pics, that will help a lot--and even with these reservations, I am still planning on buying him as soon as I can!

Last edited:
I may be in a minority but I actually like the pose - has a definite air of tension about it. I agree the coat seems too bright, too new, and the hairy feet... As far as the likeness goes, it's hard to tell from one pic but I think it could be a good 'un. All in all, I'll reserve my judgement till the official unveiling (hopefully in chat tonight :cool: ), but I'm quietly excited... or so my girl tells me... :D

Just so you know, I scanned and posted the Alien photo and the Wolverine photo in their respective threads! I hope Sideshow isn't mad at me for doing this, but they are published, so it's not like I posted something that shouldn't be out there, right...:confused:

Interesting... the piece has a very Alan Lee vibe to it and seems to be inspired more by his drawings than the actual film. I expect there is some work being done to it and that that is why we aren't seeing a pre-order going up this week.

I will have to see the likeness up close before passing judgement but the clothing, etc work well for what it is... I would have preferred a Two Towers Frodo where he was a little more worn and had the Elf cloak.

Personally, I like the plaques. I don't know why. They add an feeling of completeness to the pieces.

As for the "looking up" pose - imagine him with all the LotR PFs around him...he can be set looking up at anyone. In fact with Lurtz looking down, these might make good companion pieces.

The pose looks great IMO and the likeness seems to be pretty good. The clothes look like they might be a little off in someway but I like it and plan on getting it.

I'm liking it (even though the face likeness is a little off). I like the stance...it's more interesting than him just standing there (it gives "action" to the piece). Though I will agree that the hair on the feet a bit too dark. Still liking it though! :D

The pose is better, it has clothes instead of being sculpted, so it's better in that regard. The pic is too small to say anything about the likeness really.

In the other thread I posted my photoshop effort that matches Frodo with Lurtz, with what I believe is an accurate size comparison. I think Frodo looks really good, and it just gets better the more I look at it.

lurtzfrodo3xv.jpg

Not at all what I was expecting the pose to be. And I'm not liking it right now. The sculpt looks to be good, but not too sure about the hair. I'll wait for better images before deciding.

Back