1/6 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire (Legends)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. That sculpt doesn't look like Mark at all. It doesn't even look like deep-fake Mark. It doesn't even look like Mark-lookalikes like Sebastian Stan or that guy from that Star Wars youtube channel.

I cannot believe someone at Hot Toys looked at this sculpt and thought, "yeah, this is it".

It's so off that I'm wondering if they couldn't get the likeness rights for Mark.
Not being up to speed on Dark Empire I assumed it was based on the DE video game version of Luke lol...

View attachment 700727

"I am your momma's baby daddy!"
Damn can't unsee it now. :lol

HLpkJ0P.png

It's a cool figure but it doesn't look much like Hamill in ROTJ. Dark Empire takes place a few years after the OT, right? It's weird they went with a repainted ANH sculpt.

I still have my Mando Luke boxed up sans sculpt (which I'm using on my ROTJ Luke), and I was thinking that I might use parts of it to make a Dark Empire inspired Luke of my own in the future.

Now that I see this version, it's not doing much for me though.

I think part of the reason though is that they based it on one of the covers instead of the actual comic art. If I recall correctly, he never had those Vader parts - belt & cod piece - in the actual comic.
If going for the comic look, he should also have a big wired cape to drape dramatically around him.

7ad0db9f1c962d1f286bb1a19bf7a899261d6074_hq.jpg

qP2FNhnT_0202181635061sbpi.jpeg

Dark Empire was one of the more interesting comic stories; the appeal of the comic was its unique art style though, which isn't carried over into this figure. I would have thought this a really strange release but it makes sense given that it's a pretty easy release.

Back