1/6 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire (Legends)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hope with these legends figures they manage to slip in a ysalamiri at some point to give Thrawn. Hasbro managed that with one of their Legends Lukes so Lucasfilm isn’t opposed to the idea. Maybe for a Mara Jade?

Looks pretty good, but the sculpt lacks intensity. The artisan hair seems too pouffy. I may pick up the regular nonetheless I am glad to see HT go into the Legends vault. Hopefully they’ll produce more Legends characters like Mara Jade, Darth Talon, and Xizor. However, if any SW figure deserves the Artisan treatment it should be ANH Farmboy Luke and Han Solo. No one has ever produced a good ANH Luke, and they could get quite a bit of mileage out of a new Harrison Ford sculpt (Han, Indy, Deckard). Maybe they could pick up that amazing Ford portrait that was making the rounds a couple of years ago.

Is this not just the old ANH Cruise sculpt with new paint, hair and rolling eyes?
They made a fuss like it was new, JC shared pics of it and tagged thr sculptor. The same person did the new Jack Sparrow too.

But it looks like the old ANH sculpt, given moving eyes and new hair.

Is this not just the old ANH Cruise sculpt with new paint, hair and rolling eyes?

They made a fuss like it was new, JC shared pics of it and tagged thr sculptor. The same person did the new Jack Sparrow too.

But it looks like the old ANH sculpt, given moving eyes and new hair.

dbbb7c438b7a95d85639f72dac4f1cbf.jpg

Yeah this looks like a repaint of this proto sculpt.

This figure has serious Vader Boy Band vibes.

If that Beiber mop is the draw for Artisan I'm out.

Ok, I'm floored that Hot Toys is making this, especially the version based on Dave Dorman's cover art. I've been out of Star Wars collecting for a while now, but I must have this, and I'll be going for the artisan version. I've always been a huge fan of Dark Empire and this look for Luke, so there's no way I'll pass this up.

Is there a reason this Luke would need those belt parts though? Is his whole body mechanical now and not just his hand?

Would been all over this if the sculpt was good but it just.. isn't. Artisan Luke dream must wait I guess. First of the new headsculpts after Artisan Joker that didn't raise my eyebrows.

Back