1/6 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire (Legends)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were Vader fanboys long before Rylo Ken.

holiday-special-luke.gif

I still have my Mando Luke boxed up sans sculpt (which I'm using on my ROTJ Luke), and I was thinking that I might use parts of it to make a Dark Empire inspired Luke of my own in the future.

Now that I see this version, it's not doing much for me though.

I think part of the reason though is that they based it on one of the covers instead of the actual comic art. If I recall correctly, he never had those Vader parts - belt & cod piece - in the actual comic.
If going for the comic look, he should also have a big wired cape to drape dramatically around him.

View attachment 700737
View attachment 700738
True that was an addition from the cover artist.
I realized that if you want comic accurate you really just need to remove the Vader bits and it's pretty close.
Simple enough.
As far as emphasizing the Cam Kennedy interior art and colors, maybe adding a weird (maybe black light) lighting system to the display would invoke Cam Kennedy's unusual color pallet.
8ot9v5.jpg

8a77e6e648c67bc0c18829d4915f0031.jpg

8otalp.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Toys needs to leave the rooting to InArt, their attempt on Luke is awful.

My original feelings while I was at work were that this figure sucks, but after getting a good look I think the sculpted is pretty cool.

I hope I'll be lucky enough to get an Artisan. Looks awesome and can't wait to see this on the shelf (hopefully)

We can complain all we want but this is gonna sell out instantly like every other artisan thus far.

Do we know the edition size yet for this artisan?

Edit.
I translated the first image, it says 500??🤔😬

Disappointed they missed the sculpt on this, artisan OT Luke is at the top of my list, this however is an easy pass.

If the hair on the sculpted is removable,perhaps the sculpt can be swapped out on the Tatooine version?

Wouldn't be surprised now if the OG Luke,Han.and Leia get reissued for the 50th.

Looks like they went for an amalgamation of the different looks in the comics.

The original Hasbro action figures were cool back in the day but not so much anymore.
IMG_8376.jpeg

IMG_8378.jpeg

Then they tried again with the Comic two packs.
IMG_8377.gif

IMG_8381.jpeg

The idea of a young clone emperor was interesting. The dark path Luke was fun and was presented well in a comic book setting but as a live action concept or figure it doesn’t translate well.

I’ll still be picking this up because it’s cool looking.

Attachments

• IMG_8380.jpeg
    IMG_8380.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8382.jpeg
    IMG_8382.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8383.jpeg
    IMG_8383.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8384.jpeg
    IMG_8384.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks like they went for an amalgamation of the different looks in the comics.

The original Hasbro action figures were cool back in the day but not so much anymore.
View attachment 700808
View attachment 700809
Then they tried again with the Comic two packs.
View attachment 700810
View attachment 700811
The idea of a young clone emperor was interesting. The dark path Luke was fun and was presented well in a comic book setting but as a live action concept or figure it doesn’t translate well.

I’ll still be picking this up because it’s cool looking.

Omg this brings back memories! I own the comics and that toy!

Aaaand this popped up on my FB:

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

Man…it…really REALLY does not look good.

At all.

Back