1984 Terminator Premium Format Confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry about it. Judging by his username it's clear he feels the need to overcompensate for a lack of testosterone.

Yeah. I still don't see how anyone can hate on Hot Toys or any toy/collectible company that produces nice things for that matter.

Yeah. I still don't see how anyone can hate on Hot Toys or any toy/collectible company that produces nice things for that matter.

It's the statue elitists feeling so inadequate about their own collections (and genitalia), that they feel the need to belittle action figure collectors. It's a ridiculous back-and-fort that's been going on since long before I arrived here. But as I stated in the other thread, a porcelain doll has more in common with a PF than it does with said action figure.

I'm all for a TechNoir statue:
image3.jpg

I think I would be happier with this:
T800_PoliceStation.jpg
terminator1-small.jpg
600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-53.jpg

I noticed my post was deleted in this thread. How Sideshow gets the license 1st, then NECA, and finally Hot Toys. I must be on to something.

It's the statue elitists feeling so inadequate about their own collections (and genitalia), that they feel the need to belittle action figure collectors. It's a ridiculous back-and-fort that's been going on since long before I arrived here. But as I stated in the other thread, a porcelain doll has more in common with a PF than it does with said action figure.

Well we both know this will continue, probably forever. This and the "COMPANY A IS SUPERIOR TO COMPANY B".

Anyway, the Hot Toys action figures can LOOK like statues, which is a good thing. You basically get the best of both worlds. I have a few statues in my collection, some really nice ones so I'm not going to blatantly hate on them but with these HT action figures you have multiple options. And if you pose them in a particular pose and keep them that way because you like them, are they not a statue? Hell, sometimes they look better than an statue.

What's a premium format anyway? I mean technically it's the love child of a statue and an action figure. With tailored clothes, swappable parts and the like, but where's the fun in that?

This confirmation does one thing for me and one thing only, makes me excited for the strong possibly for a Hot Toys T-800 from the first Terminator film. I don't want to ruin Premuim Format/Sideshow Collectors fun though so I'm not going to be like "HOT TOYS WILL MAKE A BETTER REPRESENTATION OF A CHARACTER, ALL HAIL ACTION FIGURES."

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm looking forward to seeing what this looks like. Not because it's a "statue", not because I think the HT figure will be better. It's something new and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. It's an official licensed The Terminator product after all.

I have to say I think Hot Toys will do this character more justice. Tech noir version please.

You just gave the perfect argument why Elitists suck! :lol

I thought NECA were gonna announce T1 at SDCC but now Randy is hinting at something to do with T2's 20th anniversary.

Wow, you blokes got upset right quick!

I was just doing a little cheering for my preferred format and I provoke this kind of reaction?! I used to collect 1/6 but I've moved to something else and then I engage in a little banter in a PF thread (HUGE Arnie fan BTW) and I must be over compensating.

LMAO, and especially with a username like Bruce Campbell's Chin, whatever that means, and from a dude with 'The Body' for his avatar? Who's compensating?

Anyway, while I think Tech Noir Arnie would be my preffered look (just coz its a bit different) I reckon Bezzzerker is correct with those police station assault pics, that will be the T1 Arnie we get, spiky hair, trousers tucked in to boots, shotgun, shades and woteva that other gun is (what do I know about guns I'm from Australia, I'm sure a US Freak could enlighten me).

Battle-damaged head would be the best EX but will we get it? I hope so but SS really dropped the ball just doing a 1/4 endo arm for the T2 PF, if they did an alt. head for T1 Arnie it would be the first EX worth getting IMO.

You just gave the perfect argument why Elitists suck! :lol

Am I wrong? :lol When I look at my daughter's porcelain Norwegian doll and glance at my Captain America PF, I'm hard pressed to see how the Cap PF is not a doll. Both have static bodies and are dressed in real cloth which makes the statue elitist arguments, and "we don't collect dolls" defense those of strawmen.

Back