3 Medicom Jack's (6 pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckgoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got my Medicom Jack Sparrow a few days ago and this is my FAVORITE Medicom figure that I have so far. The details are amazing!!!

I posed him next to my 2 Medicom Jack Bauers.

Here's my 3 Medicom Jack's.

Enjoy!

jack1.jpg

jack0.jpg

jack2.jpg

jack3.jpg

jack4.jpg

jack5.jpg

I wish Medicom had given the face sculpt a bit more personality, but the menacing stare seems to be their expression of choice. Still looks fantastic though, can't wait to get him and the Rocketeer.

it's nice......glad you're happy with him!

but way too expensive........

I like my Zizzle Jack just fine

Looks great, I have a couple questions though. What did they make the boots out of and are they very poseable?

Jack [Captain, that is] looks great.... Can't wait to get my hands on him.

That's the first time I've ever seen the 24 Jack Bauer before...his face looks rather scrunched up.

so, what makes this figure worth the extra $130?

the Zizzle one comes with the belts and stuff, the Medicom one isn't even from DMC, since he never wore that outfit in the sequel.......

the baldric is the one from the first film, and he doesn't have Annamaria's belt.....

that's a "Curse of the Black Pearl" Jack in a "DMC" Box.....

it's still nice, but I don't see the point in paying $130 more, just because it came from Japan.......

Collector Freak said:
The face sculpt on Jack Bauer is fine. It's the paint that's bad.
I've seen it repainted, still looks like he's sucking on a lemon. Terrible sculpt.

MrBlisterfists said:
so, what makes this figure worth the extra $130?

the Zizzle one comes with the belts and stuff, the Medicom one isn't even from DMC, since he never wore that outfit in the sequel.......

the baldric is the one from the first film, and he doesn't have Annamaria's belt.....

that's a "Curse of the Black Pearl" Jack in a "DMC" Box.....

it's still nice, but I don't see the point in paying $130 more, just because it came from Japan.......
Medicom Sparrow is a much smaller edition and an import which is why the price is so much higher. I'm neither an import nor Medicom snob so I don't automatically equate either with making a figure better.

I think the Zizzle figure is decent for what it is, a mass market toy, but I'll take the beautifully tailored Medicom version.

I don't mind that Medicom's Jack isn't from DMC....I loved him in both films.

The Medicom is far and away superior to the Zizzle - it's almost like one is a toy and the other a collectible! :cool:

TheObsoleteMan said:
I've seen it repainted, still looks like he's sucking on a lemon. Terrible sculpt.

Medicom Sparrow is a much smaller edition and an import which is why the price is so much higher. I'm neither an import nor Medicom snob so I don't automatically equate either with making a figure better.

I think the Zizzle figure is decent for what it is, a mass market toy, but I'll take the beautifully tailored Medicom version.

Smaller Edition and Import in today's day and age is no excuse to jack the price to four times what it should be......

and my Zizzle will be 'beautifully tailored' when I'm done, and, if I did my job right, should rock just about every other Jack Sparrow figure on earth........

I don't think the Medicom Jack is worth $130 more, aside from the poseability, I can't see anything that makes it better than Zizzle's.......

the Zizzle Jack has bigger hands, yes, but the face sculpts are comparable, and with a little paint, Zizzle's is just as good........

I'm not trying to sound like sour grapes or "Oh, I can't afford it so I'll bash it", I simply can't see anything that makes it worth $130 more than a similar figure offered at a cheaper price.......

it seems to me, to be a case of "It's Japanese, it must be good"........

I will admit this much: Straight out of the box, Medicom kicks Zizzle's rear all over the place......

but with a little time and skill, Zizzle's can be made just as good (or better) than Medicom's.......

Last edited:
Collector Freak said:
He is. The box has the DMC poster on it.

just because it has the DMC Poster on it, doesn't mean the figure enclosed is from DMC.....

the simple fact of the matter is this: The outfit the figure is wearing, was NEVER worn by Jack Sparrow, in Dead Man's Chest.......

MrBlisterfists said:
Smaller Edition and Import in today's day and age is no excuse to jack the price to four times what it should be......

and my Zizzle will be 'beautifully tailored' when I'm done, and, if I did my job right, should rock just about every other Jack Sparrow figure on earth........

I don't think the Medicom Jack is worth $130 more, aside from the poseability, I can't see anything that makes it better than Zizzle's.......

the Zizzle Jack has bigger hands, yes, but the face sculpts are comparable, and with a little paint, Zizzle's is just as good........

I'm not trying to sound like sour grapes or "Oh, I can't afford it so I'll bash it", I simply can't see anything that makes it worth $130 more than a similar figure offered at a cheaper price.......

it seems to me, to be a case of "It's Japanese, it must be good"........

Pretty much all of Medicom's 12 inch figures are around $150 as a rule. So there really is no "jacking" up, no pun intended, of the price.

If you count all the hours involved in painting and sewing the Zizzle figure, and count that as $, you might be better off buying the Medicom version.

Besides, the Medicom pistol, sword, scabbard, and compass are all far superior than Zizzle's. I don't see how anyone can make these at a reasonable price and beat Medicom's quality.

Duckgoo said:
Pretty much all of Medicom's 12 inch figures are around $150 as a rule. So there really is no "jacking" up, no pun intended, of the price.

If you count all the hours involved in painting and sewing the Zizzle figure, and count that as $, you might be better off buying the Medicom version.

Besides, the Medicom pistol, sword, scabbard, and compass are all far superior than Zizzle's. I don't see how anyone can make these at a reasonable price and beat Medicom's quality.

then you've never seen what I can do....(not surprising, I'm new here!)

insofar as money and hours involved painting and sewing the Zizzle figure, I just take pride in my work......and since I plan on going one better, and creating a head that will blow peoples' minds (Fabric headband, glass beads, real hair), I think we'll reserve judgement until I'm finished......

and even if I can't make the sword, gun, and compass better.....

I can always buy the NECA Jack, cast HIS weapons, and return/sell him.......

by all means, if you like the Medicom, go with it, but don't knock the Zizzle one just because you like paying more.........

Sideshow's work is just as good, and I don't see people overpaying for them (except on the EXTREMELY limited versions/exclusives), so I don't see any justification for the $150 price tag, other than the fact that Medicom are a bunch of tweebs......

I own Medicom products, they're no better than anything that can be had here.....

and in case you're not aware, everything Sideshow produces, is made overseas, so it has to be imported too.....

I guess what I'm saying here is, the only reason Medicom acts like its the Rolls Royce of Action Figures, is because they charge too much, and people are willing to pay it, because they think "It's expensive, and Japanese, so it must be better"

Last edited:
Back