Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a known issue I need to know about? I'm a statue newb.

Welcome to the statue world. Your experiencing something normal in the statue world. A few items show up with issues and the community looses its mind and everyone scrambles to find flaws on theirs. Then we all complain about how horrible ss is and say we will never order again...until Magneto comes out and for some odd reason we expect him to b perfect even though we know ss long qc history. Then repeat process

No shipping info for me yet. I was supposed to be charged yesterday and get tracking info. Order still shows as processing. I wouldn't even be remotely concerned (even though I'm dying to get this piece) but all the recent QC issues really have me waiting on pins and needles.

Ya you can't rely on a forum to give an accurate picture of overall QC. As always the people who are outraged will always have the louder voice. That said, it does appear to have more issues than the norm.

Mine had some grey paint smeared on the blue but I was able to wipe it off with some gentle rubbing with a moist cloth. The statue is absolutely bad ass.

Visit the Supes, MJ & Gwen threads. Almost nothing but happy customers.
This item definitely has a substantial amount of issues.

Perhaps but we are still talking 10 or so posters over 2250 statues to put it in perspective. Not denying there appears to be more than the norm.

Visit the Supes, MJ & Gwen threads. Almost nothing but happy customers.
This item definitely has a substantial amount of issues.

I think people's quality expectations increase with increasing price. Since Apocalypse cost more than those statues mentioned, people scrutinize it much more.

While there have been some issues with Apocalypse, moisture and some cracking, the majority of complaints in this thread are nit picking IMO. No statue is going to have 100% crisp sharp paint lines. If you can't see it at a normal viewing distance of ~ 4 feet, then it isn't an issue IMO. People always complain that the production pieces don't match the prototype, but I have never seen a 100X zoom on a prototype paint job. If we did, I bet we would see similar mistakes (paint smudges, bleeding, etc) there too.

I think people's quality expectations increase with increasing price. Since Apocalypse cost more than those statues mentioned, people scrutinize it much more.

While there have been some issues with Apocalypse, moisture and some cracking, the majority of complaints in this thread are nit picking IMO. No statue is going to have 100% crisp sharp paint lines. If you can't see it at a normal viewing distance of ~ 4 feet, then it isn't an issue IMO. People always complain that the production pieces don't match the prototype, but I have never seen a 100X zoom on a prototype paint job. If we did, I bet we would see similar mistakes (paint smudges, bleeding, etc) there too.

Totally disagree...you should expect clean lines, crisp paint, etc. Idk who set the bar that smudge lines and whatnot is acceptable...but it really isnt. And this is coming from someone who has a PERFECT Apoc EX sitting @ home right now. Im not 'complaining' per se, but understand that people shouldnt accept sub-par work...by any means...coming out and saying its never gonna match the proto is a bad way to judge your piece imo

Totally disagree...you should expect clean lines, crisp paint, etc. Idk who set the bar that smudge lines and whatnot is acceptable...but it really isnt. And this is coming from someone who has a PERFECT Apoc EX sitting @ home right now. Im not 'complaining' per se, but understand that people shouldnt accept sub-par work...by any means...coming out and saying its never gonna match the proto is a bad way to judge your piece imo

My point is that you cannot inspect these statues with a microscope. If you cannot see it with the naked eye from a normal viewing distance of 4-5 feet, then it is not an issue. I bet you don't have a perfect statue either if you looked at it close enough and from every angle and lighting condition possible. Perfect does not exist when these are hand painted by people.

Will never match the professionally painted proto but should look good with no bubbles, cracks, smudges etc...

Unconditionally agree on the cracks and bubbles. Those are unacceptable.

Conditionally agree on the smudges,etc part. For those, my rule is if you can't see it with the naked eye from normal viewing distance, then it isn't an issue. If you can see it, then it should be replaced.

Unconditionally agree on the cracks and bubbles. Those are unacceptable.

Conditionally agree on the smudges,etc part. For those, my rule is if you can't see it with the naked eye from normal viewing distance, then it isn't an issue. If you can see it, then it should be replaced.

Very Well Said :)

I wouldn't say the problems people have been posting here are minimal. Ski had one if the best looking Apocs I've seen and he even had a small blemish in his pics. That type of issue I could live with. The majority of these statues have been really bad. Let's not pretend that this run has been consistent of a couple small blemishes guys. These issues have been on almost every single statue and they are worse then the average SS blemish

I wouldn't say the problems people have been posting here are minimal. Ski had one if the best looking Apocs I've seen and he even had a small blemish in his pics. That type of issue I could live with. The majority of these statues have been really bad. Let's not pretend that this run has been consistent of a couple small blemishes guys. These issues have been on almost every single statue and they are worse then the average SS blemish

I have to agree James. Based on the pics we've seen so far on this piece, it certainly looks like the QC isn't up to par. I'll certainly have an uneasy feeling when I open mine.

@Filip

I really hope your one of the lucky ones buddy. Fingers crossed that the person whom painted yours was having a good day.

@Col

Lol yeah I read all the posts last night and the war that was raging on in this thread. Decided to keep my mouth shut as you and a2 were doing a fine job without my help

Back