Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!!

Zatanna_2-1.jpg

THE_SEDUCTION_OF_THE_INNOCENT.jpg

CaveWoman_Teasing_by_Bakanekonei.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Mike Debalfo is talking about quitting his job and doing $100 commisions. I'd be in for some..

It's on his Deviant Art page but I seem to have deleted the link. If he does go through with it i'll be getting a few.

So I'm still pissed that I ever decided to try and buy one of Dominic Marco's prints. I originally purchased it back on Jan 12th, and still have nothing to show for it. I opened a PP claim, but I stupidly trusted the guy when he told me that the print shop was late in getting the prints completed and asked me to close it and he would replace the print with the same type, just smaller, and include a free sketch. This con artist even tried to get me to buy more prints at that time, which I considered, but the lack of communication had me worried, so I guess fortunately he only got my $45 and nothing more than that.

____ you Dominic Marco, you prick.

No one should try to buy any of prints off this guy less you want to be scammed as well.

Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 10:11 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: I never received my art print

Thanks for dicking me over. I’ll be sure to tell all of my collector friends that you are a scam artist. It was stupid of me to close the paypal inquiry, as I guess you never had any intention of fulfilling your end of the deal, and even tried to get me to buy more of your prints.

Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 10:13 PM

Any word would be appreciated.

Scott

Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 10:57 PM

Dominic,

It’s been a month and I haven’t heard back from you. Just wondering what the status is. I know I asked for another print, but I’m hesitant to send any more money as I have a very uneasy feeling about this. Please let me know if you are still going to deliver on the original transaction.

Scott

Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 6:55 PM

Hi Dominic,
Yes, I will close the paypal claim. I just don’t want to get my money taken, which has happened, so I’m wary of online purchases.

I will take the Alice in Wonderland 11x17 and a sketch of the Rocketeer Girl (Paid for)
And add a GI Joe Baroness print for $20 to the batch.

I’ll close the PP claim now.

Thanks.

Scott

Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 10:23 AM
To: Scott

Hi Scott,
Everything in my gallery is available as an 11"x17" print (with Wonderland being the only limited edition one). If you are interested in any of the others, I can do them for $20 each (and sign them). Just let me know if you are interested in any of the others and I can have them all ready to ship at the same time.

Also, would you be able to let paypal know that the dispute has been resolved. They have a hold put on my account at them moment :)

Cheers!

Dominic Marco
Professional Illustration and Animation
www.dominicmarco.com
-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sun, February 28, 2010 10:35 am
To: <[email protected]>
Hi Dominic,

I would take a numbered 11x17 as a substitute with a free sketch. For the sketch, I’d be interested in either Red Sonya or the GI JOE Baroness or maybe the Rocketeer girl.

Also, do you have other colored prints available for sale? In your online store, only the wonderland print is available. Are the others from your gallery sold out?

Thanks

Scott

Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 8:14 AM

Hey, it's no problem and I understand perfectly! The 11"x17" are indeed a limited number printing (100 total) so if you wish to have one of these, just let me know what you would like for your sketch and I can get it done and in the mail to you :)

Cheers

Dominic Marco
www.dominicmarco.com
Date: Thu, February 25, 2010 2:17 am
Hi Dominic,

Sorry to be a pain, I just didn’t want to get ripped off.

Is the 11x17 print you are offering instead a numbered print? If yes, I may be interested in this option. I do like having numbered/exclusive prints vs open runs, and I do like the smaller size that will fit in my existing portfolio of pin-up prints. Let me know and we can work something out.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Scott

Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:45 PM

Hi Scott,
I'm sorry for not responding to this sooner, I've been away for a bit. I get all of my prints made through a local print shop that has to send anything larger than 20 inches away to a different printer...this usually takes a couple of weeks but now it's been over a month without anything from them. I can give you a full refund for your print or I can get you an 11"x17" full colour print along with a custom 8.5"x11" sketch (with whatever character you want) which can be done immediately. Whatever your decision, just let me know and I'm dearly sorry for this screw-up!

Cheers
Dominic

Dominic Marco
www.dominicmarco.com
Subject: I never received my art print
Date: Sun, February 21, 2010 11:38 am
Cc: <[email protected]>

Hello,

I made payment of $45 to you back on Jan 12 for the Alice in Wonderland
print and I still am waiting for it?

I know you got the payment, because it had been deducted out of my paypal
account and into yours, just wondering if there is some sort of problem as
to why I haven't received my print. Please let me know. Thanks.

Scott

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shopping Cart Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Name:
Donald MacKinnon (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. -
Verified)
Email: [email protected]
Payment Sent to: [email protected]

Shopping Cart Contents

Qty Item Options Price
1 Wonderland Limited Edition Print
Item # 297410_1238881 $35.00 USD
Amount $35.00 USD

Order Description:
Shopping Cart
Item Total: $35.00 USD
Shipping: $10.00 USD
Handling: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: -$45.00 USD
Fee amount: $0.00 USD
Net amount: -$45.00 USD

Date: Jan 12, 2010
Time: 20:46:49 PST

Shipping Address:
Scott
United States
Confirmed Help

Funding Type: PayPal Funds
Funding Source: $45.00 USD - PayPal Account

So I'm still pissed that I ever decided to try and buy one of Dominic Marco's prints. I originally purchased it back on Jan 12th, and still have nothing to show for it. I opened a PP claim, but I stupidly trusted the guy when he told me that the print shop was late in getting the prints completed and asked me to close it and he would replace the print with the same type, just smaller, and include a free sketch. This con artist even tried to get me to buy more prints at that time, which I considered, but the lack of communication had me worried, so I guess fortunately he only got my $45 and nothing more than that.

No one should try to buy any of prints off this guy less you want to be scammed as well.

Damn Mesa that sucks. I know what its like to lose money on something. Thanks for the heads up.

I was gonna post all of that DeBalfo work. :lol Thanks JJJ and Power. :duff

I know not a lot of folks like these designs, but I love 'em! Where'd you find this Hunni?

Sucks man, sorry to hear about this.

Back