Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking set!

But damn, that second head, what is going on there?
Really impressed with the set, too. Love that base. Very nice idea and everything looks up to snuff for $200.00, IMO (excepting that 2nd headsculpt, as mentioned).

Looks great but not $200 Dollars Great,for a little more you could get the ACI one.
You mean back when it was available at retail. Now ACI will set you back $500.00+.

...Two hundred bucks is entry level for high end sadly.
Yep. As long as the body is good, this looks like a $200.00 set to me.

...that assumes that anyone buying reckons ACI the better figure - personally I'd go with this one. HT farmboy Luke Skywalker is about to be revealed, and I don't doubt it'll be a bare-bones release and cost $230. Hopefully it'll look like the character. Two hundred bucks is entry level for high end sadly.

Who knows. The Batman returns batman is 'only' 220.

I don't think this head sculpt is up to hot toys standards, even though it's nice, and the iffiness on whether the body is solid or crap is a big question mark.

Who knows. The Batman returns batman is 'only' 220.

I don't think this head sculpt is up to hot toys standards, even though it's nice, and the iffiness on whether the body is solid or crap is a big question mark.

Hot Toys standards includes a Han Solo that looks as much (or less) like Harrison Ford as this Aragorn looks like Viggo Mortensen :dunno

But the body is a big question mark. I hope Asmus has resolved this issue.

I think the figure looks really good! The hs is pretty good, it does feel like the character, but it does look a bit off. They should have lowered the hair a little, and squish it a bit more, it still looks quite cone-shaped. But the rest of it is really nice, the clothes are amazing, and the weapons look real nice too. Kinda wish it came with Anduril, though. The second hs is really bad, in my opinion, I think it would have been better to give us a torch, another weapon, etc. Glad it includes the pipe! The price is a bit steep, should have been more towards the $180 than the full $200, but I guess it's just what it costs now days. I hope to be able to get this one, is it possible to order though their page?

Also the paint is gorgeous. It really looks amazingly realistic. Great job!

Strange that Asmus took so much time with the main sculpt... and then tossed in a second sculpt as a bonus.

I would actually prefer no 2nd sculpt and no fancy base and a price at $180. (but I don't use bases -- need the room for more figures)

Anyway, we have yet to see what retailers will put this up for.

I feel the same. with the costs rising on these things, I'd love less attention to bases, frivolous extras and PACKAGING, save a little of the top end production costs, and save us all a little dough out the door. y'know??

I just don't know about the head sculpt.
this character is my 2nd favourite in the trilogy and I really wanted this to be 100 % spot on..
I don't knowI will have to stare at it for the rest of the weekend :)

I really liked how it turned out to be. Clothing, HS and accessories were all great. Even his bundle.
I don't much care for the second headsculpt, but if its just a bonus :p
Everything else made it worth the wait

Wow. Well the price hurts but I am still getting it. I want hoping for the $180 range but I guess those days are gone. Hopefully one of the other stores will run a pre-order closer to $200.

the screaming face is UGLY! Probably the badder sculpt i ever seen in 1/6! The normal one is decent though, but it still need adjustment in chin area.

$240?? I'm sorry but for what is included here and the quality of the sculpts is not really cutting it for that price. I would have preferred to see them not do the alternate sculpt and put work work into getting the main sculpt perfect.

MSRP is $200, plus international shipping for BBTS. Asmus has poor distribution, hence "import" style pricing. It's likely that a local US distributor will pick it up, and you will see it offered at MSRP.

MSRP is $200, plus international shipping for BBTS. Asmus has poor distribution, hence "import" style pricing. It's likely that a local US distributor will pick it up, and you will see it offered at MSRP.

That is my hope as well. I keep checking some of the websites that have carried the other releases.

I think the head looks way off, surprised to see so many people think it's a nice sculpt. They over emphasized his chin, the sculpt looks like a butt-chin. His hair is way to narrow near his forehead, looks like it's squishing him. I just don't see Viggo at all. The second head sculpt....I don't even know where to start on that one :D The clothes and everything looks good though! Hopefully they take a second look at their sculpt.

Back