Biohazard 5 figures question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the Leon in RPD outfit that was released in the Resident Evil 4 line can pretty much be considered an RE2 figure.

I guess, but a new Leon sculpt couldn't hurt. I suppose the only definite way they'll release another Leon, is if he's in RE6..........here's hoping!

I agree with the Sheva height issue, but these figures are very accurate from what I can see. When I got them, I opened the in game library and displayed the figures and accuracy is amazing in my opinion right down to the load out, character appearance and outfits. I have Wesker, Sheva and Chris (all non BSAA) and I think these are great figures, that being said I haven't displayed them yet as I cannot come up with a good layout. I also have Leon in this line and I think the new figures outshine him in every way. Though the pistols lack moving slides, they are more modern and can be used with many figures. Also, I find Leon's headsculpt to be very anime'. Just my two cents...

I agree with the Sheva height issue, but these figures are very accurate from what I can see. When I got them, I opened the in game library and displayed the figures and accuracy is amazing in my opinion right down to the load out, character appearance and outfits.

This is really getting offtopic now but...
I can't vouch for Chris and Wesker, but what they have got right on Sheva is pretty amazing, I totally agree, but it's not totally accurate.

The relative coloration on the patterns on the top is wierd...
DSCF8818copy.jpg
DSCF9055copy.jpg

The necklace is a bit inaccurate...
DSCF9035copy.jpg
ShujaaNecklace.jpg

the boots should have rings on the inside as well...
DSCF9040copy.jpg
DSCF9054copy.jpg

And the face just doesn't quite do it for me.
DSCF9062copy.jpg
DSCF8833copy.jpg

Many of the guns are missing laser sights, and while it may be functionally unsound the right drop leg pouch straps shouldn't have buckles on...
Those could be seen as minor points, but I think it's not just the accuracy of the figures that is coloring the opinions, its things like Chris reusing Dutch's body etc. I dunno.

I can't vouch for Chris and Wesker, but what they have got right on Sheva is pretty amazing, I totally agree, but it's not totally accurate.

DSCF8818copy.jpg
DSCF9055copy.jpg

DSCF9035copy.jpg
ShujaaNecklace.jpg

DSCF9040copy.jpg
DSCF9054copy.jpg

DSCF9062copy.jpg
DSCF8833copy.jpg

Many of the guns are missing laser sights, and while it may be functionally unsound the right drop leg pouch straps shouldn't have buckles on...
Those could be seen as minor points, but I think it's not just the accuracy of the figures that is coloring the opinions, its things like Chris reusing Dutch's body etc. I dunno.

I definitely see what you are saying now woth those shots, but I bet if you took most other figures and compared them as closely to their original source character, you would come up shorter than the Sheva figure in general. I have no head sculpts that are perfect, Hot Toys Godfather is almost there, but that is the only piece that sticks out to me. The Sideshow sculpts range from downright awful to decent, so I guess I am just looking at Sheva with an eye towards comparing the current quality of 1/6 head sculpt and outfit accuracy. Thanks for the comparison shots - you do wonder why if they are going to go for accuracy - why not just do it all the way?

I definitely see what you are saying now woth those shots, but I bet if you took most other figures and compared them as closely to their original source character, you would come up shorter than the Sheva figure in general. I have no head sculpts that are perfect, Hot Toys Godfather is almost there, but that is the only piece that sticks out to me. The Sideshow sculpts range from downright awful to decent, so I guess I am just looking at Sheva with an eye towards comparing the current quality of 1/6 head sculpt and outfit accuracy. Thanks for the comparison shots - you do wonder why if they are going to go for accuracy - why not just do it all the way?

Yeah, I see what your saying. I tend to compare Hot Toys to Hot Toys when looking at their treatment of a line or character, because you can see where they have improved or gone the extra mile in terms of bodies, details, likeness etc.

To your last point, I'm constantly left wondering that. Maybe down to reference, or changes late in game development that don't get carried over to the figure...I dunno.

But, when you look at it, HTs have stacked the RE5 figures with weapons, managed to get the special pattern on Weskers suit and Sheva's top, made specific arms for Sheva, made specific eyes for Wesker, and then we have the S.T.A.R.S variants.

Yet I just don't feel they quite nailed these RE5 figures like they have with some of their other efforts. I dunno, its all a rich tapestry.

DSCF8818copy.jpg
DSCF9055copy.jpg

DSCF9035copy.jpg
ShujaaNecklace.jpg

DSCF9040copy.jpg
DSCF9054copy.jpg

DSCF9062copy.jpg
DSCF8833copy.jpg

XD

That and she's missing a whole ____ load of muscle and ass. I'm playing the game right now. She's Beyoncé thick in the game.

That and she's missing a whole ____ load of muscle and ass. I'm playing the game right now. She's Beyoncé thick in the game.

Absolutely. That's what you get with generic 1/6 bodies I guess. The arms HTs developed for Sheva I think are developed with the thought that they could be used generically with future female releases. Sheva's got spectacular deltoids. The figure don't.

Thought I'd add to this thread with a question of my own - if anyone can answer it would be much appreciated:

Is the Wesker 'body builder' body exactly the same size as a muscle body, just without the rubber, and is this the only figure to use it?

Thanks.

Thought I'd add to this thread with a question of my own - if anyone can answer it would be much appreciated:

Is the Wesker 'body builder' body exactly the same size as a muscle body, just without the rubber, and is this the only figure to use it?

Thanks.

The muscle body has a thicker torso/chest area but the arms are pretty close in size. I think the Blade figure has the same body as Wesker with the obvious skin tone difference. I'm not 100% on any other figures that use it.

I think Chris Body match perfectly, and did,nt need to develop a new one for him...The problem would be if HT had used the old muscle body :horror

I purchased a Chris muscle body on E-bay for my RE4 Krauser and man..He looks bigger and impresive now!!...besides, I painted his face with red cammo (like post transformation version)

Purchased at the same time the new TT wesker body for my Snake Eyes and swaped the legs with Crhis (from knees) because wesker,s legs are taller than regular TT.
Now, Chris and Wesker has the same height and looks more proportionate.

I agree. Sheva,s headsculp likeness is off...Her Height, The poor articulation and the lack of stiffnes from waist down turns Sheva into a figure with too many flaws

according to capcom, wesker is supposed to be taller than chris. like chris is 6'0, wesker is 6'3.

i want to add, i think both RE4 and RE5 got awesome attention from HT. granted not on the level of say TDK and IM, but still, what we did get is nothing to scoff at.

that's like saying watchmen and hellboy didn't get TDK and IM love. they're all still quality figures guys.

Back