Brinn 71's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Cody I just mixed Tamiya orange with a little bit of black for the stripes, belt boxes and shoulders. I also added the black marks all over the clean armour parts with a Sharpie, to match the other Cody parts. Then I dry brushed score marks, and dabbed some watered down black all over him with a wet paper towel. Once that all dried I took a knife to it all to add pock marks, scratches and paint chips. Then I sealed it all with Testors Matt Coat, which really brings it all together with a nice dull finish.

Thanks Bid! :duff

What's up next Brin? you got anything in mind, is something stewing in yo SW skillet? what new wonders lay around the corner from BRIN INDUSTRIES OF SURGICAL INTERVENTION & CUSTOM KOOL©??? Enquiring minds must know.....

WOW! I like that name! :rotfl

Actually, its rare that I have any time for customs at all, but lately maybe the planets are aligning? Its been a very creative time, you know?
I have been working on a very easy custom body swap of Yavin Luke. That's one of my favourite outfits for Luke, and I am MADLY in LOVE with Star Wars and Empire. I always imagined that was Luke's outfit between those films.
I'll post pics soon.... :wink1:

Thanks man! But I don't have one. :(

Way back in the day, when Hasbro made 12 inch figures is when I made Chewie. There were no digital cameras for pictures and no forums for this stuff, that I knew of. There is no tutorial for him, I just made him. That's why he's due for a tweakin'. I want to fix his head. This will tell you how old he is; I made him with a stripped down Cobra Commander 25th Anniversary 12 inch figure body, and two Hasbro 12 inch Chewies fur. The Chewie that came with the Boussh collar, whatever year that was. Maybe 2003?

Thanks Elbo! :wave

I should have ask you how to make 12" chewbacca, my Master. :gah:

I love your customs :hi5:, especially Padme. I ever think of getting this figure to redo too, but haven't find one. Maybe my next figure :dunno. definitely after my SS IG88.

Thanks Iceberg! :duff

I forgot to mention, I am also repainting a Rex backpack for my Clonetrooper Sergeant, based on his wearing one in one of my favourite games: Battlefront. (WHY aren't there any new versions of that game!?) :mad:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. That picture you took of Cody outside looks like a dude in the suit, not a 1/6 scale figure. Super paint apps!!

WOW! Thanks man! :duff

I think I know the one you mean. This one?

attachment.php

Wanna see it uncropped??

attachment.php

:rotfl

that does look like a dude in a suit.....................and held by a giant........:panic:

:lol....................damn fine clone brinn..........:clap

My Phase 1 Cody is a stock sideshow phase 2 Cody. I bought 2 codys to display both versions. And I have yet to mod him, and after seeing how bad a$$ yours looks I plan to follow your lead on mine.

Oh wow, COOL! Thanks man. Have fun. I just love weathering stuff!
:duff

I'm currently working on Yavin Luke. I put him on a Truetype slim body, using the Stormtrooper Luke head. I added the clamp and lightsaber to his belt, even though he didn't have it in the film. I also added wire into the jacket hem to help it sit on the figure right. I think I'll paint out the 'doll dots' from his eyes and call it a day?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back