Celebration VI Confirmed - Orlando August 23-26, 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
:yess: CVI in Orlando August 23-26, 2012 :yess:

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

:hi5: Or at least that is what Darth Waller just texted me. :hi5:

:D Who's going? I am! :D

List of attendees:

First, the three amigos:
furystorm
Darth Waller
Avfin
Bamboota (rumored via text)
p!tu
jimjimmyjones85
THX-182
Yodacappy
gibby
swabie2424
Shropt
slynger
LOPIE
agen_kolar
Khev
UTtoyfan
Jay1138
Hollywood
Shalamar & Wife (putting the pressure on you Vader)
ATCollector
DiFabio
Anzik
msjedi36
Verbal21
ArmoredFoe

Last edited:
Re: CVI in Orlando August 23-26, 2012

I will finally go to a Celebration!:hi5:

432 miles from my house, approx 7 hours 45 minute drive..........round up to 8 1/4 hour drive..............i should go. but august again...........damn.............:monkey4

They had me at Orlando. :rock

I loved the Orlando experience. Really an all around great convention, and I know I've mentioned it before, but it was the best time I have ever had at a big event. Pretty sure the Freaks tipped the scales on that one. Should be interesting to see how SDCC compares this year and seeing so many familiar faces East to West coast!

432 miles from my house...

Probably 2000 miles for me, but well worth the trip.

For real?!?!? :panic:

Heck yeah I'll be there!!!!!!!

:hi5::1-1::duff:rock

I'm soooooooooo there again! Will be staying at the Rosen Centre again. Loved that place last time... they friggin' upgraded me to a suite for free! woot!

I'm soooooooooo there again! Will be staying at the Rosen Centre again. Loved that place last time... they friggin' upgraded me to a suite for free! woot!

Is that the one that was connected to the convention center via that covered walkway?

So I was just checking my schedule for school for next summer, and it seems like these dates are going to fit in perfectly. If I were in school last year, I would have likely missed the beginning of the show with the earlier dates, but next summer instructional days for Summer end on the 11th of October and don't start up for Fall until the last week of August, which may be cutting it close, but CVI I must...

All this is predicated on me actually being accepted of course. Only ten positions available! :panic:

Oh, by the way, still 447 days. :gah:

Is that the one that was connected to the convention center via that covered walkway?

Nope, swabie stayed at that one hotel that we walked by everyday, so right next door. I had to drop his drunk ass off there after the party.

But damn, I want that connected hotel, with walkway. No sweaty boobies for me this time! And no blow up bed either!!!

"What a piece of crap!" :D

my first Celebration since the attempt made in Denver - won't be missing this one with all the time to plan ahead!! :yess:

I had sort of assumed that the next celebration wouldn't be until 2013 for the anniversary of ROTJ. In any case, I won't be able to make this one as we'll likely be in Japan around this time. Hope I can make the one in 2013, if there is one.

It's on like ____ing DONKEY KONG _____ES!!!

Added! :yess:

my first Celebration since the attempt made in Denver - won't be missing this one with all the time to plan ahead!! :yess:

And added! What happened to your Denver trip? I only started with a single day in L.A., and likely would not be a Celebration devotee if not for that single 4 a.m. to 2 a.m. Vegas to L.A. day!

Was hoping Chicago would get it or someplace closer to KC. Just a month after comic-con doesn't work for me really so I'll enjoy the pics and may have to ask for help on any art prints.

I had sort of assumed that the next celebration wouldn't be until 2013 for the anniversary of ROTJ. In any case, I won't be able to make this one as we'll likely be in Japan around this time. Hope I can make the one in 2013, if there is one.

I was making the same assumption, and really though someone was pulling my leg this morning concerning the announced dates. Until I checked the Celebration site.

I'm planning on Japan for 2014 myself, a big trip after graduation! :D

Can anyone tell I'm excited for CVI? :thud:

Back