DiD Samurai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine from one sixth depot, they had him for $150 and free shipping. At this point the release date is for mid to late Oct :monkey2

He's already paid for so now its just waiting for him to arrive :chew :chew

Is that from Modelers loft? I think they are the big DiD dealer in the UK? So why are you getting this version when you already have the Japanese one?

galactiboy said:
Is that from Modelers loft? I think they are the big DiD dealer in the UK? So why are you getting this version when you already have the Japanese one?

Yes, from Modeler's Loft. The reason im getting the int. version is because of the headsculpts and I want to display one figure without the armour. (i want to display the armour by itself)

So anyone getting any updates on this bad-boy? I haven't heard anything in a while... so I'm starting to wonder if we'll see him before the end of Octoboer.

I got mine from modellersloft 2 weeks ago but I think I was lucky, they probably have some special deal with DiD because of the napoleonic line.
I'll try to get some pics today, but let me tell you, this is the most amazing piece of work in 1/6 I've ever pulled straight out of the box. The crest of the helmet is assembled so beautifully that each layer seems to float. When you slightly move the figure, all the metal part sound like christmas bells, there's so much metal to it.
A downside is that the joints in the legs seem a bit week to support the massive weight of the armour so you might want to use a Y-stand. On the other hand the upper body armour seriously restricts the arm posing, but then again I can't imagine these guys were able to to gymnastics in this attire anyway.
If you've ordered him, keep him. If you haven't, do it! DO IT NOW!

edit: took these last week, better pics to follow:
https://users.pandora.be/doomhammer/date.JPG
https://users.pandora.be/doomhammer/date & leyasu.JPG

Last edited:
I can't say I've noticed that. Where should I be looking? Not much of a serial number man myself so I tend to miss that stuff.
I checked the box but no number there. I did notice this at the bottom right of the backside:
Coming soon...
Series 2: Takeda Shingen
Series 3: Li Naomasa

I can hardly wait!

Doomhammer said:
I can't say I've noticed that. Where should I be looking? Not much of a serial number man myself so I tend to miss that stuff.
I checked the box but no number there. I did notice this at the bottom right of the backside:
Coming soon...
Series 2: Takeda Shingen
Series 3: Li Naomasa

I can hardly wait!

The serial number should be here:

dsc00054resizeqc9xr6.jpg

Mine's number: 021

dsc00088resizejm5.jpg

Care to give any thoughts on the furry samurai right nest to him? I've thought about picking him up before, but wasn't sure if he was worth the scratch.

If you had asked me before getting DiD's, I would have said that Leyasu is worth the price by rarity rather than quality, but seeing that we have these beauties now I can't really advise him.
There's a lot of plastic parts and the helmet is to rubbery in appearance to be convincing. If one were skilled with the paintbrush there'd definitely be good potential in the figure, but even then he'll look cheap-a$$ in the midst of the three DiD'ers.

I kinda had the same thoughts after seeing your pics and some that were posted on OneSixthWarrior. He has a bit more of an older Dragon feel than what DiD is cranking out. Thanks... do you mind posting some pics of the headsculpts for the Masamune figure?

I used to have the Ieyasu but wasn't too impressed with the plastic armor. With Date, Ii and Takeda in metal, it looks like some vast improvements have been made.

Mine came in today. No number on it. Didn't really expect one on the regular edition. Here's a couple of pics of the head Galactiboy.

Last edited:
Congrats, Creech! I know how much you were looking forward to it. So, what do you think?

Not had it long, thanks, Batty.

It struck me as being really black, and extremely heavy. The paint on the head is much the same as you'd find on a Dragon figure, typically. The care taken, in the packaging, is really good, with plastic sleeves over the apron sections, and foam over the helmut, and a silicon pack included. It's got the dreaded wire ties, but they aren't as good as the Sideshow ones. Wow, it's come to this. The wire ties are less flexible than Sideshows, and much thinner. Just be careful with them, as I reckon they could scratch the metal components.

I was in the process of purchasing it, when Samuraiwarrior suggested I buy a stand for it while it could be included in the purchase, but it was too late, I had pressed the final button by then. Get yourself a stand. This guy has little feet, and even though his ankles have that ratchet type of joint, any imbalance will soon be found out with an untimely dive. There's not much play in his head, for upwards or tilting poses, but it swivels from left to right no problem. The rooted hair is well done, though I can't tell from a quick look whether it is rooted to the head sculpt or if it may be a wig that has been recessed into it's head. The helmut has a leather scull cap inside. Just another nice touch. It's a great figure, and I'd tend to say it's overpriced. It's the first figure I've had that has fair dinkum armour, so I may come round more on that particular point later. It is metal, though if it had been plastic I probably would have been just as pleased if it had been priced down accordingly.

Glad you got yours! Still no word on when mine will be shipping, but its good news that others are getting theirs.

Be sure to post pics when you can... I can't wait to get this figure. The price is high, but the armor is all hand made and assembled... that level of intricacy has to count for something. I will have to get a stand for him pretty soon, since I don't have any extra ones handy.

Back