Ebay seller - Evalifestyle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundwave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick one has anyone had any dealings with Ebay seller - evalifestyle

Has a good deal on the Battle Damaged Robocop twin pack at the moment & I'm sorely tempted but the price is a fair whack cheaper than other sellers which obviously starts alarm bells ringing so just want to see if anyone else has used them & if they are indeed legit sellers

Thank you

Neil

I personally never buy any Hot Toys from Ebay from China as I've had many friends being burned. Looks like he's in Hong Kong. I'd avoid.

Well what’s the rating?? How many sells? There are a few really good sellers from China with 100 percent ratings and over a thousand sells. I buy from them mainly. I was watching a review for an item, forgot the reviewer but he had mentioned one of these sellers are his main go to sellers. All of his items are legit and good quality too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally never buy any Hot Toys from Ebay from China as I've had many friends being burned. Looks like he's in Hong Kong. I'd avoid.

Thanks

I tend to stick to Loontentoys or Timcent but both are long gone for Battle Damaged Robo & prices are too steep now so sometimes you get suckered in & thought I'd ask first :)

Neil

You never get "burned" if you are a buyer on ebay.... anything goes wrong and you will be refunded. Literally no risk, maybe a minor inconvenience at worst.

Just looked up loontentoys and the shipping prices for every figure is no less than 200 dollars. Some of the larger ones at 500.. making some of the “cheapest” figures like 400 something dollars..

Is that a fixed shipping or does he charge that much just for California residents? That’s insane lol

You never get "burned" if you are a buyer on ebay.... anything goes wrong and you will be refunded. Literally no risk, maybe a minor inconvenience at worst.

Well, I mean burned in the sense they got a bootleg or something not as advertised. You'll more than likely get a full refund but still feels like a burn considering you wanted a legit item, the person tricked and either didn't send you the item or send you something that was garbage. Now you're out your time and you're not getting the ''good deal'' you thought you were getting. Sure feels like a burn when you spend money and don't get the item and are lied too.

It still is possible to get burned and lose money. People who later found out the figure they bought was actually a bootleg, well after Paypal's protection has expired. Countless stories of this happening. This has happened to a few friends from this very site. You get a Hot Toys or some other figure, looks legit. Then maybe a year or a few years you decide to sell it and the person buying it knows what to look for and you find out your rare figure is a bootleg.

Now, the buyer protection is gone and you're potential out 100's of dollars. If that's not a burn, I don't know what is.

Also, buying a fake or getting screwed out of an Item can also cause you to miss out on legit items you could have bid on and got a fair price because you think the item you're waiting on is legit.

Plus those Chinese sellers that claim your item is going to take a while to come, sometimes a month or longer depending on customs, you look at the tracking and it doesn't have good up to date info on the location and then your item comes and you get seafood instead of your item lol. Those scams were funny but some people had a hassle with Ebay and Paypal because the sellers packed that stuff full of random items and it had the same wieight or similar and the seller claimed the buyer was lying and etc lol. I mean, even if you get your money returned, having to deal with all that time, hassle and etc isn't just a minor inconvenience when it's 100's of dollars, that's a pain in the ass. Especially if the item is for a child and you don't have any other money to replace the item and have to wait until you're refunded.

I think it's usually best to avoid the ''It's too good to be true deal''.

Just looked up loontentoys and the shipping prices for every figure is no less than 200 dollars. Some of the larger ones at 500.. making some of the “cheapest” figures like 400 something dollars..

Is that a fixed shipping or does he charge that much just for California residents? That’s insane lol

I just checked and it shows the same to North Carolina. $500 shipping on HT IW Thanos when the figure is only $480! Other figures are randomly anywhere from free shipping up to $200+. Something tells me they glitched their account because they've been extremely popular on the board in the past.

Their shipping is always free, not sure why it’s showing otherwise but every item I look at is free shipping to the UK.

If it seems to good to be true then it most likely is lol.. you always have to go buy a sellers date/items sold/ ratings. Don’t get me wrong their plenty guys who were like me low sales cause I’m a collector just trying to flush out the collection or also really want to have cash for another figure so willing to make a really good deal just to make the sale. So it’s hard to see who’s legit or not. But I got burned way too many times on eBay as a seller. I couldn’t take the low ball offers from buyers who knew damn well my prices were good. Eh that’s why I only buy what I really want in my collection now and don’t sale on eBay.

Regarding Evalifestyle, I’ve bought from them recently and the item arrived as described (Enterbay Scarface).

However, they have a habit of selling items listed as in stock when they aren’t and they only source it when you buy. This results in your order being delayed, and if you start moaning about the delay they just cancel your order.

It’s OK if it’s a rare item they’re selling at a fair price (as was the case with Scarface) but I’d otherwise avoid.

Back