elvis1976 GI-Joe customs : Camo STORM SHADOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Take on some Gi-joe and Cobra

That was my point. The original Tunnel Rat has cowboy boots. But nevertheless, Elvis really hit this one out of the park! The combat boots are a great and sensible upgrade. :D

lol, no kidding! I never noticed Tunnel Rat wore cowboy boots, I don't get that one bit.

I mean, the figure would suggest he's either going tunnelling or off on some ruckmarch/long patrol (given his huge backpack) - I can't imagine cowboy boots being very comfortable in either situation...

Well you know what i just found some cowboy boots in my bin fodder! :monkey5

Well, there ya go! :lol

lol, no kidding! I never noticed Tunnel Rat wore cowboy boots, I don't get that one bit.

I mean, the figure would suggest he's either going tunnelling or off on some ruckmarch/long patrol (given his huge backpack) - I can't imagine cowboy boots being very comfortable in either situation...

I can't either. The only way I can see, well there's two actually, is first, easier to dump out water, and second, it just looks cool. It's not often we get to see Asians from New York wearing cowboy boots. :p

Back in the day, for my 3 3/4" Tunnel Rat, I switched out his lower half with Outback. Outback's gray and green pants and gray panamas matched Tunnel Rat's cammo scheme perfectly, plus he had a flashlight on his leg, and the cowboy boots looked all the better on a red-haired, bearded survivalist. :lol

Last edited:

Both look amazing!!! I'm tempted to go back and weather my Tunnel rat now. :rock

I can't either. The only way I can see, well there's two actually, is first, easier to dump out water, and second, it just looks cool. It's not often we get to see Asians from New York wearing cowboy boots. :p

It makes me wonder if Larry Hama was known for wearing them at the time - apparently Tunnel Rat's likeness was based off him. Plus I believe Hama was a combat engineer in Vietnam as well, iirc... So maybe it was just a little "inside joke" commenting on his civilian footwear during the '80s?

It makes me wonder if Larry Hama was known for wearing them at the time - apparently Tunnel Rat's likeness was based off him. Plus I believe Hama was a combat engineer in Vietnam as well, iirc... So maybe it was just a little "inside joke" commenting on his civilian footwear during the '80s?

Either way, Tunnel Rat wound up being one of my favorites! :D

They look great!

I always thought of Tunnel Rat as wearing some really worn workboots.

Nice work. Tunnel Rat has to be the best one I've seen, as is Zartan.

I've been planning a Zartan myself and put aside a pair of the Predator's pads for him as well.

Awesome job.

John

Either way, Tunnel Rat wound up being one of my favorites! :D

Agreed, he was great, especially during a year dominated by Cobra-la, Battleforce 2000 and a guy dressed like a bird.

Falcon was a bright spot too.

Now that I think of it, '87 might have been the year when GI Joe jumped the shark, but there were still a few good figures here and there.

Can't wait to see how your Zartan head turns out. Based on your previous work, I expect it is gonna look great.

Some new update, Zartan finally got his head and my custom FIrefly still not finished.

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

Really amazing pieces! Firefly is killer and the Troop head looks perfect for him! :rock Excellent take on Z as well. Very gritty,love it! :rock2

Back