Ghost Dog:Way of the Samurai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklefunger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not soliciting for number here. Just curious. Is there enough interest in Forest Whitaker as Ghost Dog to even consider doing a group commission? I've been considering contacting a sculptor to do a one off for me.

I consider this to be up there with Leon as one of the best assassin films ever, & my Dad loves these kinds of films.

Have everything set aside:black cargo pants, jacket, hoodie, sword, gun with silencer & black briefcase. Oh yeah, & a bird. Also plan on doing the book

Love the way he does the sword thing with his hand gun

Man if it really looks like him and we can get some cool clothes for him I would be down. One of my fav. Jim Jarmusch (sp) films.

I would definitely be down for one. I'd probably go the blue suit from the hit on the mansion, but might also get one for the more casual look where he's doing his sword practice. Might also consider a bash for his character from The Shield, but obviously this is a different hair do.

Anyone got an idea on what body to use - Whitakker is both both and an VERY solid build so would need a fat suit I think.

I'd go with the fat suit. I used one for a custom build of a friend who's huge, but also got a lot of muscle aside from the barley build. It ended up looking like Forests body type which actually made me think of this in the first place, that & we (my office) just did some glasses for a film shoot for Forest

Anyway, I think it would be a unique build & I'd get 2 for sure.

I was thinking either Z or Bobby B. Love Z's work & also love the detail Bobby has put on his John Locke. Before even contacting any sculptors I just wanted to check interest. Open for suggestion for the sculpting duties.

I'll contact a sculptor, please let me know who you all have a preference for.

Thanks

What, like 6 of us only? ok 5 but I'd buy 2 so 6
Jeez, I thought there'd be more interest in this one

The good folks at Sovereign Studios have been kind enough to express interest in this project. So, let's not let them down. Can we get more people to commit on this?

Let's face it, their body of work speaks for itself

Last edited:
Aren't there more fans of this film?

How cool is the character, just begging to be given the 1/6 treatment

I'd get on board for either Bobby B or Z. Prob prefer Bobby B after seeing that John Locke, and I think Z's strengths are more in caricature, but either would be cool. Don't think clothes would be difficult to find.

Bobby B is a great choice. Intense detail work. All we can do is ask him. So, if this is a go at some point, is the consensus for Bobby B? If so, I'll send off a pm to see if he's still willing

I really think African American's are under represented in 1/6 & would love to have a really unusual & memorable character.

Can we get more people on board?

Um, is this gonna be another one of my personal pieces? Aren't there any other folks that dig this film?

This film was on local television last night. It was a real cool movie. I liked it. I think there'd be a lot of love for the film, but not so much for a figure. Not interested in a custom figure of it myself. I would buy one if it were a limited edition from a reputable company, because they'd be able to get the clothes and accessories down.

Kitbashing one together would be too time consuming for me, plus there's so much commercial stuff and custom commissions around right now, I feel overloaded. The market can only bear so much, and there's already so much out there.

Good luck with your commission.

Well, whenever it happens, I'm interested. How many more do you need?

10 is the standard number to keep it to around $40. At the moment I think we stand at 7 so it would cost approx $60. Of course as I've noted May/June seems to be alot of product round - I'd be keen to try again in end of June and we should get 10 then.

Last edited:
Back