Ghostbusters Bill Murray Ada group commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is not as good as I thought before. Nose is too long and too small , eyebrows are uneven. Theses are factors you cant fix with painting (ok the eyebrows). Further the complete head was quite hard to paint as it is very uneven although I cleaned it before... All in all I would recommend everybody who didnt buy it to wait for the Howes head. But I have to admit that this head is ok. It is better than the one from ebay but not more than ok which is from my point of view not enough.

Yes, it is not as good as I thought before. Nose is too long and too small , eyebrows are uneven. Theses are factors you cant fix with painting (ok the eyebrows). Further the complete head was quite hard to paint as it is very uneven although I cleaned it before... All in all I would recommend everybody who didnt buy it to wait for the Howes head. But I have to admit that this head is ok. It is better than the one from ebay but not more than ok which is from my point of view not enough.

which one from ebay pal? ithink iknow which 1 you mean. if it its the 1, i dont mind the ebay 1, it jst needs a good paint job ithink as the paint jobs iseen it with havent been too impresive. its ok to use for a custom for now until we get the 1s from chris

and debut ray...so excited haha.

cant wait.

:banana:banana:banana:banana:chew:chew

Hi everyone: So... is the George Bush Top Gun flight suit still a good choice for the GBs jumpsuit? I'm considering buying one from ebay to make me a Ray. What do you think?

Things have been far too quiet in these threads lately.

GB-PV_body-02.jpg

The Ada sculpt isn't too shabby when it receives a great paint job. The base head did recieve a little bit of touch up work prior to painting (flared nostrils a bit wider and filled a large dimple to the left of the chin). The excellent paint job was courtesy of Skwerl. Patches were done by Tang of OSW.

GB-PV_head-01.jpg

-Spook

Great custom, I painted mine too. While this might be one of the best paints I ever did, the sculpt still sucks... Sorry but it is the truth :lol

Howes' will be miles better. :cool:

Let's hope. There's been no news on it for a long, long time.

Grrrr... I should've thickened the bridge of that nose. Lots of Ada's stuff seems to sport that same long thin nose. Definitely the Ada sculpt could be more accurate, but it still looks pretty nice.... though it more resembles Bill from Stripes than Ghostbusters.

If anyone was even remotely interested in the Ada Murray head I would recommend getting one sooner rather than later because she seems to use her molds to the very bitter end. Meaning the quality of casts degrades quite a bit. I bought some of her heads having seen some of the casts from the initial run. Lets just say mine were no were near as sharp and definitely had the tell tale signs/artifacts of a mold nearing the end of its life.

I'm sure if Chris Howe actually gets around to making the sculpts for Ghostbusters those will be stellar. But we will need patience.

- TGM

yeah im still down for some of the gbuster heads from chris when hes done them, however right now im jst going to use adas murray and ramis head, i got them sent off for a paint job and like every1 else will use the bb dan for ray. for now.

Back