• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lecture :lecture :lecture

While we are on the subject of Dave letting folks sell for free here, he needs to start charging members to use the Commerce section!

Yea, Minimum 50 posts isn't enough. You should have have to be voted in order to sell on here. That might be a little extreme, but I don't know if charging is the answer

You see, I think so too.Some members have made a lot of $$$ here because of the great commerce section of this board.And DarkLord Dave never charged any fees for all the transaction here, Wich is kick ass.This is why I think we should protect the integrity of the commerce section of this board at all cost.Hell, some people even become members here just to sell stuff cause they heard its a great board for it.Now people have accused me a lot of time of trolling here (in the commerce forum) or lynching faulty members, But I believe those kind of behavior are unacceptable for the integrity of this place of commerce.ITS NOT LIKE ITS THE FIRST TIME WITH CF...Everyone has the right to made mistakes.But this kid as made too many here.CF use the money from board members to buy himself those hobbits he couldnt even afford...

CF - This is an expensive hobby and It's clear that you can't afford it, Why dont you get into it when you finish school and have a great job to buy yourself all the figures you want.... Stop skrewing with people around here.Excuses wont matter anymore....The Captain Faramir personna you have created here doesnt represent you at all in real life and you have dishonnored all the high ideals you preach for.

very well said Shai. I agree on all accounts.

Charging won't work. Ripoff artists will pay a fee to remain ripoff artists. I think the answer is a "zero tolerance" policy. Make an initial set of rules. Easy to follow and maintain. Something like ship within a week UNLESS you notify the other party and maintain communication, etc. If proven one was broken...you're out. For good.

Damn... I didn't see this thread. Sucks that CF did that. I mean... I've had financial issues and had to ship a week later than I wanted to in the past, but never much longer than that. Especially for non-custom work. I thought he was better than that. Hopfully he will find a way to resolve this.

Merciful Willikers!

:monkey4

The Commerce section needs to be guarded like never before, esp after the changes on eBay. This is a close community and that is why we jump so hard on members who boost post counts just to sell their crap - a mandatory TIME and NOT POST requirement should be in place. Either way it is ALWAYS buyer beware; but really, "sweet little Captain Faramir" wouldn't have been the first I would have thought of as a scammer.

:duh

You see, I think so too.Some members have made a lot of $$$ here because of the great commerce section of this board.And DarkLord Dave never charged any fees for all the transaction here, Wich is kick ass.This is why I think we should protect the integrity of the commerce section of this board at all cost.Hell, some people even become members here just to sell stuff cause they heard its a great board for it.Now people have accused me a lot of time of trolling here (in the commerce forum) or lynching faulty members, But I believe those kind of behavior are unacceptable for the integrity of this place of commerce.ITS NOT LIKE ITS THE FIRST TIME WITH CF...Everyone has the right to made mistakes.But this kid as made too many here.CF use the money from board members to buy himself those hobbits he couldnt even afford...

CF - This is an expensive hobby and It's clear that you can't afford it, Why dont you get into it when you finish school and have a great job to buy yourself all the figures you want.... Stop skrewing with people around here.Excuses wont matter anymore....The Captain Faramir personna you have created here doesnt represent you at all in real life and you have dishonnored all the high ideals you preach for.

Great post Shai and I agree 100%!

Charging won't work. Ripoff artists will pay a fee to remain ripoff artists. I think the answer is a "zero tolerance" policy. Make an initial set of rules. Easy to follow and maintain. Something like ship within a week UNLESS you notify the other party and maintain communication, etc. If proven one was broken...you're out. For good.

More likely we'll just do what some other boards do - prohibit commerce at all or charge for the previlege.

A set of rules that have to be policed by the admin and moderators of this board is far, far beyond the scope of this board and leans into legal territory when money is changing hands. See how everyone hates ebay? Not a position we want to be in.

Pixletwin - thanks for keeping the thread civil - hopefully CF will take care of the issue. The easiest thing seems to be just to refund the money through paypal - quick, painless and cost effective.

More likely we'll just do what some other boards do - prohibit commerce at all or charge for the previlege.

A set of rules that have to be policed by the admin and moderators of this board is far, far beyond the scope of this board and leans into legal territory when money is changing hands. See how everyone hates ebay? Not a position we want to be in.

Pixletwin - thanks for keeping the thread civil - hopefully CF will take care of the issue. The easiest thing seems to be just to refund the money through paypal - quick, painless and cost effective.

What would charging for privileges do? Would it make it "okay" for a paying privileged member to scam people then? what's the difference between someone who pays or doesnt pay to sell here scamming members?

Yeah a refund would be ideal, unfortunately im pretty confident in my prediction that Captain Faramir probably doesn't have the money to refund.

If a person comes along with the intent to rip people off (which I again assert, CF didn't) then they should be banned. But when a seller is just being flaky and inconsiderate about mailing things off it really is the board members responsibility to take the chance. I don't think his selling/buying privileges should be revoked, but extra caution should be exercised by everyone else.

IMO.

may or may not be ripping people off, but you should complete transactions in a reasonable amount of time. If you can't do that, you should not be alowed to sell.

I just had a transaction, paid for it on sunday and had it in my hands on wed. That is how it works.

If a person comes along with the intent to rip people off (which I again assert, CF didn't) then they should be banned. But when a seller is just being flaky and inconsiderate about mailing things off it really is the board members responsibility to take the chance. I don't think his selling/buying privileges should be revoked, but extra caution should be exercised by everyone else.

IMO.

Look at it this way Pix, being flaky and taking over a month to ship something after numerous excuses and lies ultimately leads to ripping people off. Like I said in the past, I think youre letting your personal feelings get in the way and protecting CF a little too much when you know he is not doing the right things. This is not the first time it has happened, neither is it the 2nd time. He may not have totally ripped someone off yet, but he's walking on that fine line.

Just a reminder folks that we can make our points without descending into crude remarks.

Nash, like I have said over and over again, I agree with everything everyone is saying. Not sure where everyone is getting the impression that I am trying to protect him. I just think people going off on a tangent and speculating is not serving the purpose of this thread well.

I hate quoting myself, but here goes.

Bottom line is: CF has been treating Prog very badly and he needs to straiten it out. He is being flaky and extremely inconsiderate and frankly he has embarrassed me by letting me defend him time and again.

I also don't feel like I need to defend myself since I am not the subject of this thread, so please keep it on subject.

Nash, like I have said over and over again, I agree with everything everyone is saying. Not sure where everyone is getting the impression that I am trying to protect him. I just think people going off on a tangent and speculating is not serving the purpose of this thread well.

I was just thinking about the whole neutral feedback thing. one of the reasons we even have neutral feedbacks started with Cap. I think situations like this could have been avoided had the proper actions been taken long ago. But it's ok, im just glad he doesnt have my money with those cloaks.

Well, whatever the "proper action" may or may not have been in the past (remember that every single one of CF's past disputes have been settled, unlike DouglasMcC) I believe, and I have stated it more than once here in this thread, that his actions now warrant a negative rating, whether he resolves this or not.

I still don't believe I should have thrown a negative on him then, remembering hindsight is 100%.

Your board and your perogative but the charge will solve nothing. I'll pay it if you do. I don't have a problem with that, but it will solve nothing. Most boards I frequent are like this one. They charge nothing and have to deal with deadbeats. I guess starting a thread like this is the best way of policing the section. Prohibiting commerce would be unfortunate but would solve the problem.

I would not mind paying to be allowed to buy or sell here.
If this is a way to exclude people with bad intentions, the better.

Most of my collectibles were found on eBay, but always liked it better here because it is more collector friendly (we even have a trade option)

I hope the commerce section is not going to end, but I understand the point of the moderators : who would want to be a judge when something goes wrong and how to solve these problems?

Looks like Melvin Pelayo is winning again :-(

I think its a very askew point of view of the hundreds of successful transactions which occur on this board every month, to say it looks lke MP is "winning again". We have a great board community and it is inevitable that we should hit a bump once in a while.

I raised a point in a sandbox thread I started about the number of posts before you can being selling/buying. This just goes to prove that it doesn't matter how many posts a person has to flake on a deal.
I joined a forum the other day to just sell some items. didn't need to have any posts to be able to sell and I took over £500 in about 4hours. I didn't know any of the members on the board, and they didn't know me.
I sent their parcels out the next day, and they received them the day after. I still kept in contact with them to make sure they got the parcels and that the items were what they expected.
It doesn't take alot to keep in touch with someone after you have taken their money. I would expect the same level of courtesy from someone I was buying from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back