Help with purchase of a black pedistal/cube to display 1:1 busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrStayPuft

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could help me with looking into purchasing 2 black pedestals or cubes to display 1:1 busts. They would need to be sturdy and support probably at least 50lbs as sideshow really put some quality into their older busts, particularly the Predator and Arnold 1:1 bust.

My plan is to put one one each side of my 60" television in my theater room, so black would be ideal. I've seen some sites online that specialize in such things, but they are upwards of $200+. Not saying I wouldn't pay that much, but just wondering if there is something more affordable but with better quality than what you'd see in a Walmart.

Hope Bearmodel doesn't mind me sharing his old picture, but just for ideas, take a look at what he has his Arnold T800 1:1 displayed on (towards left of the picture). I'm looking for something exactly like that.

Thanks for any help!

Cheap plinths are extremely hard to come buy...particularly ones that are made well. Have you considered contacingt a cabinet maker or similar to see if you could get something custom made?

You never know...there may be an old, retired guy who has a bunch of wood laying around and would appreciate the challenge and a little cash....

I don't know how handy you are, but why not just build them yourself? I made mine and all it cost was $75. One sheet of MDF, one sheet of black laminate, and a can of contact cement for attaching the laminate. The only tools required are a power saw, a router, a hammer and nails.

Shipping will be high on something that big.

I could make you two knock down units that you could assemble and paint.

These wouldn't be that expensive to build and cheaper to ship then assembled units.

Where do you live?

Do you think you're capable of re-assembling these?

Do you have the area and space to paint them.

If shipping cost isn't an issue I could always send you assembled pedestals that I would paint with a professional paint gun.

Back