Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX Day Video
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-UhoSgF_TIY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-UhoSgF_TIY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Great video! Nice find, had really spiked my excitement again! :banana

Does Toy Hunters get that many customers on average per day or is it just because of the DX launch?

It reminds me of the fervor and excitement when new video game consoles are released.

Awesome avatar dude, love it lol
Also cool vid. Lol that guy talking english that has english subtitles. It actually sounds odd, i don't know about any other asians, but Koreans are taught american english, and often take part of the accent into their anunciation of words etc, if i could take a stab in the dark and say chinese are taught american aswell, seems odd because that guy appears to have a british/english touch to his english and pronounciation

Last edited:
Subtitles are common for people with accents. You'd be surprised how many Americans can't understand a person speaking english with an accent. My Wife is Russian and for me, I understand her with no problem. But I notice around other people when she speaks they always smile at her and then look at me with that face of "HELP! Translation!?" :lol

Subtitles are common for people with accents. You'd be surprised how many Americans can't understand a person speaking english with an accent.

Yeah, but it could be just because it was loud and hard to hear the words over the background noise.

has anyone broken the handle to adjust the eyes?

That's actually something I'm really worried about - never broken anything before (including wrist pegs), but I've heard bad stories about stuff snapping. If the PERS handle breaks, I'm sure it'd be EXPENSIVE to replace.

That could very well be one reason HT delayed the figure so much - to make sure it was strong enough and wouldn't break or snap, because if they had to replace it, they'd be out a whole lot more money than just wrist pegs would've cost them.

That's actually something I'm really worried about - never broken anything before (including wrist pegs), but I've heard bad stories about stuff snapping. If the PERS handle breaks, I'm sure it'd be EXPENSIVE to replace.

That could very well be one reason HT delayed the figure so much - to make sure it was strong enough and wouldn't break or snap, because if they had to replace it, they'd be out a whole lot more money than just wrist pegs would've cost them.

i wonder if it's made of metal? The PERS head had body placed in. I'm guessing they did that because removing the head and placing them back on eventually might affect the PERS.

Something just occurred to me, is there a large ammount of English literate and speaking people wher Toy Hunters is located, it never really struck me until seeing the giant PERS banner, but so much of the text in the ads in that store is English.

Will there be any further changes to the figure for future allotments? I was browsing on ebay when I stumbled onto an opened box DX Joker listing from ABC-Express. One part of their description reads:

This Joker figure is newly presented by Hot Toys. The first lot of figure is just finished. Quantity is very LIMITED. All are reserved for HOT TOYS SHOPS’ VIP. Hot Toys keeps making other lots of this figure, they will make modification into the figure. Stock is available for Online Shop after 4 weeks. We will send figure out once we get it after 4 weeks.

Btw, the listing has new photos by abc express:

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-BATMA...in_0?hash=item5d266d666a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

09oct2_joker_7.jpg

Awesome avatar dude, love it lol
Also cool vid. Lol that guy talking english that has english subtitles. It actually sounds odd, i don't know about any other asians, but Koreans are taught american english, and often take part of the accent into their anunciation of words etc, if i could take a stab in the dark and say chinese are taught american aswell, seems odd because that guy appears to have a british/english touch to his english and pronounciation

In HK, the Queen's English is taught in school because it's a Commonwealth country, i.e, an ex-British Colony but probably due to decades of mixing with the local dialect and USA movie and TV series diet, it's more like British English words with a Chinese American sounding accent.

It's the same in my country, also an ex-British colony. I am a Chinese, taught British English but have a more American accent due to my lifetime diet of American movies and TV series.

Something just occurred to me, is there a large ammount of English literate and speaking people wher Toy Hunters is located, it never really struck me until seeing the giant PERS banner, but so much of the text in the ads in that store is English.

Hong Kong dude. Tons of English influence.

Will there be any further changes to the figure for future allotments? I was browsing on ebay when I stumbled onto an opened box DX Joker listing from ABC-Express. One part of their description reads:

I doubt it, not sure why they'd say that, but I've never seen them actually make improvements on future runs, it'd tick off everybody in the early ones if a superior product came shortly later, and I'm talking of the same item, not the v1 and v2 games.

Hong Kong dude. Tons of English influence.

I have no idea how far English is spread into common language in the world, just struck me odd to see it so dominantly used.

well.. finally paid for the original predator so this is the most important on my list to get next !. Keep posting those photos guys. Nice find on the video too Dino. :rock

I have no idea how far English is spread into common language in the world, just struck me odd to see it so dominantly used.

It's not really that English has spread in Hong Kong, it's more that up until a few years ago Hong Kong was a British settlement, so English would have been pretty commonplace

It's not really that English has spread in Hong Kong, it's more that up until a few years ago Hong Kong was a British settlement, so English would have been pretty commonplace

I knew this since i was in public school lol!..I am sure many Americans even have no clue that Canada was once ruled by the Brits with the last province under rule being Newfoundland before it became a part of Canada in 1949.Funny the Asian shopping centers we have here in Toronto are very similar in design and setup to that seen in the video.

Back