Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9676217_orig.jpg

:clap:rotfl:clap

____. A lot of things I didn't expect in this. The laughing sculpt is great, I love it. The main is meh. The table and lamp is an awesome thing to have, all of the accessories and the exclusives! A mask that only requires a suited TrueType to make another character? I'm really hesitant on price but I'm definitely interested now. Far more excited than this morning but not 100% in yet although to me it's exclusive or fail.

____. A lot of things I didn't expect in this. The laughing sculpt is great, I love it. The main is meh. The table and lamp is an awesome thing to have, all of the accessories and the exclusives! A mask that only requires a suited TrueType to make another character? I'm really hesitant on price but I'm definitely interested now. Far more excited than this morning but not 100% in yet although to me it's exclusive or fail.

That's nice Mike, bring back Kate. :rotfl

AMAZING! SOOOOOO bought. :yess:

I am curious to know where all the haters are that were crapping all over everything about this in the other thread. :dunno

With his name attached its branding...you advertise it's a Kato suit and you can charge more. I'm also guessing here but to source the Corrext materials, prints, colors ect. costs more than pulling something off the rack that's close...also who knows what type of training the tailors receive, the hopefully QC since his name is attached.

Before Kato they didn't put in any effort but now they have Kato they will take that extra step? I really don't think it's going to be any different... With every other figure I don't think they designed the costume and then just threw it to the factory and said, 'Whatever you do is fine.' And just because they're screen-accurate materials doesn't mean they cost more than non-screen-accurate materials. They surely didn't buy the last DX01 shirt pattern off a rack, nor the T1 T-800 shirt either, nor a hundred other things.

I think some people are really overreacting/overthinking. I don't mean that as an insult but I really don't think the name of the person who designed the outfit is going to affect the price one bit. I don't think the reasons you gave make any sense. To me it seems like expecting a price to be higher because Yulli sculpted it or Trevor Grove (or any other much-worshiped sculptor) sculpted it.

Well done figure. If this didn't shut the haters up, you just hating to hate.

Exclusive on Sideshow's site tomorrow?

Price really comes into play here. I like what I'm seeing but if it comes too close to EnterBay's 1:4 offering, I would go over there as I already have the first Joker and BRJ from HT

Back