Action Figure Indiana Jones 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundance

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,
3 years ago, the crappy Diamond Select Indiana Jones was one of the very first figure in my collection (at the time when I believed that I never bought anything else than indy).
Now my 1/6 scale collection has grown but everyday, I wonder why I don't improve this old ******g doll.
Finally, I started to do it.
I worked mainly for the moment on the body, sewing work and weathering on the jacket, the fedora, the tie, on a part of the dio, repainted the idol in more golden color, a little paint apps on the HS (but he worths a real artist to show the true potential of the sculpt).

Some work on it to be satisfied :

_ a good base
_ a bag
_ a new fedora
_ perhaps shortening of the legs
_ and a breaded leather whip

I await your comments and suggestions for improving the figure more and more...:1-1:

Looks really cool. How is the accuracy of the sculpt? I would think that accessories must be hard to find. I've been thinking of doing some grail diaries in 1/4 scale but I'm not sure if there would be enough interest.

Accuracy of the sculpt is far away from quality of Trevor'ones, of course, but I am certain that with the work of a great painter, the result would be pretty awesome.
For those who are patient enough to wait for the possible release of a figure by Enterbay, the up-gradind of the old doll by Diamond Select has absolutely no interest.
(Personally, I wanted to do it just because I know that I have no chance to buy one of it in the future. :))

Here a photo of the face with a good light source.

Great post! I didn't even know this figure existed. Where did you get the bag? And did you repaint any of the items? I think there are some good parts to work with here. Did you modify the body in any way? Looks pretty good overall.

Sundance, I won't lie to you, I'm pretty sure John (IDM) wants to repaint your 1/4th head sculpt. ;)

Check Mike Fisher, he makes 1/4 scale stuff for the PF.

Best,

Robert

Repaint that one! I think that sculpt has potential!
review_dstindy_large.jpg

MC reviewed him.

EvilAsh, LOL! I actually do. I think there's some potential with the sculpt.

Eczamurai, thank you for that. I just Googled it and now I want to buy him and customize. Price point is good for a base, but there's going to be a ton of work to make him look right though.

3 years ago, I paid 50 dollars for this figure.
But, it's true, there is massive work actually to make him look right.
The body is probably one of the least well-proportioned that I've seen so far... truly horrible.:gah:
But, clothes are not too bad and the sculpt has real potential (more TLC look IMO).
About the photo just above, it is a promotional snapshot and the figure is worse in hand.:lol

In 1/4 scale, Diamond Select made another good sculpt of Ford (it is a Hoth Solo version).
Look much better :
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_021609a.htm

Really curious to see a repaint of indy by someone one day :wink1:

First things first..lets get rid of the state trooper hat..

:lol Yep, this hat is just a shame...
Waiting to make a new one, I heated the plastic to give a more adequate form and have cooled under cold water so that it keeps the shape.

You have done a fantastic job on this figure and it shows 10/10.

Ron

It is always nice to get a compliment from someone you admire all the work.
Thank you Ron.:duff

The body is probably one of the least well-proportioned that I've seen so far... truly horrible.:gah:

If I recall correctly they were using the body developed for a Bruce Lee figure back when Art Asylum was still in business. Pretty cool figure at the time, but reusing a body made for Lee was a really bad idea :lol

Did That Terminator ever get released? I remember the proto, but if anyone bought him they hid their shame :lol

Is there a way to maybe make one of the PF hats work somehow? Hollowing it out or taking a cast of it? I don't own any of them and aren't much of a customizer but that might be one avenue.

Heating and reforming/cooling is a good trick though, I did that with my Medicom Indy and it made a huge difference.

Also, as someone mentioned, Mike Fisher has some great custom gear and I am pretty sure he did a 1/4 scale bag (can't check right now beceause his site is blocked at work...must be a communist or a terrorist or something ;-) )

I did a few 1-6 bags... Definitely do belts and holsters in 1-4 scale... Bags were a pain as it required me to use sewing machine... But I can likely do more...

I need to delete my site link btw... When apple went to iCloud they dumped our web pages... Need to create a new site

Back