Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original movies were 5. Planet of, Beneath, Conquest, Escape and Battle for. When I was a kid in the town where I lived, Laramie, Wyoming there was a theater near the park. They did a special weekend showing of all 5 movies two days in a row. Both Saturday and Sunday starting at 8:am. I went both days. It was epic fun for a 12 year old. I love those movies. I’ve got a special box set of all 5 on Blu-ray. The new movies don’t stack up against the old ones for me. I prefer the apes dressed like humans with human characteristics over a bunch of chimp looking characters. They’re okay but not like the originals.
I love both. I’ll never forget how much of a punch in the gut Escape’s ending was for our two Fav Apes.

Only thing I don’t love is that Tim Burton monstrosity.

Planet of the Apes is one of the greats in Sci-Fi. That first movie was absolutely epic back in the day…there were some many great moments in the film, When he says the line “Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!” and the apes stand in shock. The Statue of Liberty buried in the sand, The space ship sinking at the beginning of the film… as a kid they were so awesome to watch. I was 8 when the first one released and thirteen when the last one was. Seeing all 5 movies in a row at the theater as a kid… nothing was better than all day at the movies two days in a row!!!

Ape... shall not.. copy George Miller.

3e6sdskr16yb1.gif

I just watched this. It was enjoyable and had some nice moments. But it was pretty predictable and in the end not particularly memorable.

It's really bad. Not even in a bad good kind of way. The ending was kind of interesting.

Saw Kingdom today. I enjoyed it. It’s a bit long but I was never bored.

What I loved
1. It’s a Planet of the Apes film. Other than Burton’s I usually come out happy

2. Kevin Durand as Proximus Caesar. He stole the show. Koba is still the best villain of the series but Koba is one of the best villains in cinematic history so he would have been tough to beat. Still Kevin does some great voice acting and motion capture and the VFX artist do some great character work here.

3. Peter Macan as Raka. Really enjoyed this character.

4. VFX is all outstanding.

5. The wink and nods to Jerry Goldsmiths score. Some of it was so close I thought they used some of his OST

6. Apes hunting humans. Well it’s about time :)

7. The fact this takes place “many generations” after Caesar. That groups story was done. We needed to move on to a more classic POTA type film.

What I Didn’t care for

1. Some characters not fully fleshed out

2. The plot was a little thin

3. Noa was good but he was no Caesar

4. Proximus Caesar does not have nearly enough screen time.

I would give this a solid 7.5 out of 10 and would say it’s maybe the 3rd best out of the new films. But that’s not a bad thing as all these new Apes movies are solid quality.

Last edited:
Been waiting for this for eons it seems.
Don’t expect a ton of it but it’s great when it happens.

IMO this feels like it’s going to be another trilogy but we are still way off from a time where it’s the POTA that we know and love.

This feels like a middle trilogy with a final trilogy that would take place many generations again into the future.

Maybe then we will get our astronauts returning to earth.

Just saw the movie and thought it was a pretty fantastic followup to the previous trilogy, and I found myself just as engrossed in the story as before. The new lead character isn't nearly as compelling as Serkis's Caesar of course, but he works well enough.

Gotta say I was really not a fan of the ending through, and what it suggests for the sequels, since
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Just saw the movie and thought it was a pretty fantastic followup to the previous trilogy, and I found myself just as engrossed in the story as before. The new lead character isn't nearly as compelling as Serkis's Caesar of course, but he works well enough.

Gotta say I was really not a fan of the ending through, and what it suggests for the sequels, since
Spoiler Spoiler:
So in regards to your spoiler statement

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back