Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaulFan said:
We all seem to have our roles in the image world, you give us the kitchen shots, JediBear gives us the outdoor shots, josh does up the doiley shots, and I do the photoshop, here's to Legolas, let's go to it gents.

Houston, we have a problem:

Unfortunately, for LOTR, I haven't done the traditional "kitchen" shots. Sure, I posted some of Aragorn fresh-from-box and then some futzing ones and some beard-fix ones to compare, but nothing purient. I think the infamous kitchen shots will remain strictly a Star Wars phenomenon.

Unless of course the public demands it... :D

tomandshell said:
I decided not to get into the LOTR 12" line, so there will be no swingset shots of Legolas.

:monkey2

Looks like the LOTR world will be devoid of 2 traditions.

If SS ever announced these three in PF form all at once you guys would see a Grey Hulk on ebay so fast your head would spin.

trio4ag.jpg

Wor-Gar said:

Unfortunately, for LOTR, I haven't done the traditional "kitchen" shots. Sure, I posted some of Aragorn fresh-from-box and then some futzing ones and some beard-fix ones to compare, but nothing purient. I think the infamous kitchen shots will remain strictly a Star Wars phenomenon.

Looks like the LOTR world will be devoid of 2 traditions.

Well I as referring to just the basic shots in your kitchen, I know the thread members love the neked shots but it's no big thing to me, you can still contribute some, the photo army leaves no soldier behind :)

Wor-Gar said:

Can we have some pictures of women with short hair in your kitchen?

Batty said:
Can we have some pictures of women with short hair in your kitchen?

That, I would LOVE to oblige. :D

MaulFan said:
Well I as referring to just the basic shots in your kitchen, I know the thread members love the neked shots but it's no big thing to me, you can still contribute some, the photo army leaves no soldier behind :)

Oh, there will definitely be "Legolas in my kitchen", no doubt. That I can do. Its the norty ones that remain SW specific.

I cant believe with all the photo ref available, SS put out this crap.

I can cut SS some slack when it comes to older properties like star wars, but LOTR is a new (recent) property. And this is the best they can do? either the pix are distorting the real thing or it is just bad.

...doing a repaint for Master Andy? hell yeah I'm up for that :bow

*disclaimer: painting services of other repainters are also available, lol

Andy Bergholtz said:
Great pics guys!

I'm anxious to see the first re-painted pics of this guy. I might try to acquire the services of one of you great customizers out there if anyones interested. I have a few heads I'd like to have painted and this figure might be a good one to start with.

Mine is on it's way, but I must say that I am VERY excited about Legolas after seeing these shots. The production imagery from SS needs to be rethought...perhaps they need to put each figure they release in some sort of SCENE and get the lighting fixed...because their production shots made Legolas looks like JAWS from 007.

These new shots, and oh by the way thank a ton guys for posting them, are amazing and really show the likeness is pretty good, muhc better than we had been discussing in recent days. It DOES make the Aragorn appear a bit more OFF, but I still love that Aragorn...a very cool figure.

Thanks for that cool SHOOTING pose...too cool!

Geb

I actually think Legolas enhances Aragorn. Which is a very nice figure IMO. The beards a little thick but overall the rest of the figure is pretty cool. Legolas looks pretty sweet. The first SS pics I admit did not make this look nearly as good as it appears it is. As I said in my SDCC video IMO SS makes the best stuff around and I am truly suprised when I see something from SS that makes me go hum. Which is how I was with Legolas at first. However, I'm glad to see he's now back to how I felt about him when I saw him at SDCC. :legolas

hunky_artist said:
...doing a repaint for Master Andy? hell yeah I'm up for that :bow

*disclaimer: painting services of other repainters are also available, lol

Seriously. I'm looking forward to painting mine up when it gets here on Monday!

Legolas definitely looks better in pics than Aragorn does. Mine is due to arrive on the 29th. Looking forward to getting him. My only concern based on the pics is with the chin. I'm still seeing the chin rather thick looking. Hopefully it's just the lighting on the pics.

FlyAndFight said:
I'm still seeing the chin rather thick looking. Hopefully it's just the lighting on the pics.

Right. His chin does still look a tad thick but overall he looks better as you said.

Customikey said:
Seriously. I'm looking forward to painting mine up when it gets here on Monday!

I hate you, mine won't be here for months, lol (although I need that time as I stilll don't have the money for the upcoming Jabba, throne, creatures, bib.. etc, never mind Legolas)

I might do a resculpt on the chin like with Anakin... but it might not need it, those pics look much much better. These things always look better when we get them in hand.

Cant wait to see your paint Michael :)

well... not your paint... lol whats so interesting about a pot of paint. Can't wait to see your paint JOB :rotfl

denger4000 said:
Na, it's toybiz.

I am SOO glad I picked up that Toybiz 12" Gimli last week on Ebay for 19 bucks shipped. He will look perfect with those figures until Sideshow develops a small body for him. Thanks for the pics.

Back