Les Walker's HEATH LEDGER JOKER Tribute Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I must say I'm a little surprised by that reaction ... I thought it would be appreciated that I wanted to offer the head to someone else on the board. I offered to provide proof of payment and correspondence with Les. But I guess I can understand the skepticism given that the last person who made a similar offer turned out to be shady.

I'm embarrassed to say I originally asked Les if I could cancel my order, and of course he's not in a position to give refunds, nor would I expect him to. So I wouldn't expect him to handle the financial side of the transaction by refunding my money and then accepting money from someone else, he has enough on his plate as it is. Frankly, I was hoping he could just receive an email removing my name from his list and adding the new owner, so as not to make a big deal about it.

Anyway, my offer stands and if no one's interested I'll happily take delivery of my head, drool over it and lament what might have been and hope to either pick up The Joker again down the line or find a suitable buyer for it. I really just want it to go to a good home.

I do hope I didn't cause any offense or alarm, and I'm sorry to have raised your suspicions - I acknowledge that I have a small number of posts but I'm not a troll and have no interest in profiting or exploiting anyone on the boards.

I don't think there's any offense or alarm intended, just for all members to be cautious, while you've been a member for a while post wise your relatively new.
We are all sure & trust you are genuine but I think Maul Fan is right in what he said.
We look forward to you posting more often & while late, welcome to another Southern Hemispherian LOL!

Thanks Shocktrooper - I just spent New Years in your lovely country in fact. :)

I do fully understand the trepidation. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to part with their money until they felt 100% comfortable everything was above board.

For anyone who's interested, Les will confirm that I'm on the list and that just before Christmas I let him know I'd be offering my head on the board - to which he responded that he understood, and just to let him know the outcome.

I don't think there's any offense or alarm intended.

Yes exactly. Don't take offense McFly, it's a great offer your making and given the popularity of Les' head, could make someone here very happy. The intent was to offer Freaks a method of making this transaction that would make them feel totally safe about doing it and increase the likelihood you sell of your head and someone else gets it. Some people, given history of bad deals around here, may never consider your offer if the only option they perceived was to go direct through someone they don't know well. I just wanted to explain an alternate route that would give them a sense of security in the transaction. People know if they go through Les himself they're square but it may not occur to them to do that without me suggesting it, so I did it.

No worries guys - my post might have come across that way, but I wasn't offended (like a said, I fully understand and I wouldn't want anyone spending money without being 100% certain they're getting a head) - just more surprised and worried I'd somehow branded myself a troll and offended everyone else by my presence here! I'd fully expect anyone who wants my Joker head to check everything out before paying for it, and I welcome them to do so.

And yep, selling it once I receive it is an option too - though I thought I'd try and avoid it needing to be shipped to New Zealand, then off to somewhere else. And, um, truth be told, I have no willpower whatsoever when I actually have something in-hand. :D

Sorry for jumping in but if one pays from Paypal or a credit card, why would anyone worry ? simply let the cr crard company know the itam was never recieved. Now if somoeone simply mail an empty box and then say it was mailed, I can see that being a problem.

MY .02

Sorry for jumping in but if one pays from Paypal or a credit card, why would anyone worry ? simply let the cr crard company know the itam was never recieved. Now if somoeone simply mail an empty box and then say it was mailed, I can see that being a problem.

MY .02

I dont think you get any buyer protection external from Ebay (I may be wrong)

Truly, an amazing piece of artistry. Certainly one of the best I've ever seen and I think it cements Les as being one of the best in the business.

Congratulations Les!!

Back