Mondo 1/6 ThunderCats

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evenflow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well this might be interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_7567.jpeg
    IMG_7567.jpeg
    494.5 KB · Views: 8
Mondo might be my new favorite company lol, I hope they can keep the prices down for these. Maybe they can license the Real Ghostbusters someday too.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Hopefully they're just like these...but I'm biased! :lol

TC.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the vomit emoji? Well that was a quick "I'm so in...I'm so out!" I might have whiplash! Money saved.

Just HAD to add their "touch" to it, didn't they?

Yeah I'm not interested in these if they aren't using the original design of the characters.

Not bad, it's just the battle skirt that seems out of place. I'm betting it's removable, so I'll just take that off and he probably has blue shorts beneath. Otherwise it's pretty much the original design with added details.

If people weren't expecting extra detail, I don't know what else to say. Mondo has been doing this with MOTU since their first release. But I do wish they would consider some input from fans and the community. If it sells terribly because people back out, then chances for more figures goes way down.

Mondo might be my new favorite company lol, I hope they can keep the prices down for these. Maybe they can license the Real Ghostbusters someday too.

Well they just announced a Real Ghostbusters 6.5" line at the same event lol

Well they just announced a Real Ghostbusters 6.5" line at the same event lol
Woah I had no idea! I wonder if they can get the 1/6 scale license, I'll keep hoping lol

“Repeated Battle skirt complaints”

The Motu ones have things like that that are removeable, and they look more vintage with them off.

I see no reason Lion-o would be any different.

The provided photos don’t have the resolution to show it, but there’s also some weird fur texturing going on.

I'll have to give this some thought. I like the idea of it and i'm already cherry picking Super 7 stuff. But I honestly feel the same about the product both companies are producing (S7 vs Mondo)...they look great but articulation is hit or miss. Both have had their share of QC issues.

The only thing that I think edges out Mondo over S7 is they seem to be more readily willing to listen to the fans. Brian, while I like the guy a lot, he is totally a Toddy Mac kind of guy so it's more "here's what I want to sell, take it or leave it." While that is certainly a marketing strategy, it can be disappointing at these price points when the figures let you down in other areas like paint and QC.

The BTAS and X-Men lines seem so popular because of their cartoon accuracy, is the He-Man line so popular that they decided to go that route instead?

Dream come true line! Can’t wait to see Cheetara. Hope they do street fighter next….

Back