My Han Solo SSE #112 Stolen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noelleon69 said:
that is so absurd!!!

a had a friend who told me the same thing about the fact that if your paypal balance is 0, paypal cannot refund the buyer. which sounds good to you in the sense that you as a buyer are safe from such situation where the buyer scams you. but if you were the buyer instead, and you were scammed by the seller, and it's tough luck for you if the seller has no $ in his account.

i had the misconception about insurance too. i thought if the buyer chose not to buy that, and if something goes wrong. then it's the buyer's unfortunate loss. it's so common to see statements like do not blame seller if buyer don't purchase insurance etc... i thought insurance was just to help the buyer claim back what the amount he paid for for the lost item.

and talking about insurance, i find it silly that it covers lost items but not damaged. i know it's the responsibility of seller to pack it well enough. but if the postal people mistreat the package due to negligence etc... why should we be faulted. we can only pack so well, but that doesnt mean it is impossible to get damaged still.

First of all, Daveyjaro, go to the P.O. that you mailed the package from and ask for a 1510 form. This is a form to fill out for lost mail. If it is in fact lost, then this form will help.

Here is a good board on Ebay to educate yourself:

https://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=96

I don't post there, but there is some good info. Here is a relevant thread about insurance with the EXACT situation I was faced with:

https://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000193435&tstart=0&mod=1137807188918

My best advice would be to add the cost of shipping insurance to your handling. You can either use that money to purchase insurance or you can keep the money with the caveat that you have to pay out on a big item like this every once in a while. I do think that buying insurance is worthwhile if the item is as expensive as this one.

Last edited:
well... maybe if that cheater eventually does sell on ebay, he could get his own medicine if someone did exactly what he did.

bin on his listing and win. and when he ships, does the same thing by claiming it wasnt delivered. of course before all this, have to make sure he doesnt insure it and have a delivery confirmation etc... else it's not going to work.

Collector Freak said:
That's the first rule when using paypal.

What's the first rule when using Paypal? You never replied to anything.

Anyway, Davey, you should also peitition Ebay to have the guy's negative feedback removed. He called you a "jerk off", and personal attacks are not allowed on feedback comments. You should try to get that removed to get your feedback back up to 100%.

BTW, astrohu as been added to my list of blocked buyers.

Anyway, Davey, you should also peitition Ebay to have the guy's negative feedback removed. He called you a "jerk off", and personal attacks are not allowed on feedback comments. You should try to get that removed to get your feedback back up to 100%.

BTW, astrohu as been added to my list of blocked buyers.

Hiya

Excellent advice. I had to do this once as someone left an insulting personal remark on my feedback, I petitioned it to eBay and they removed it straight away as they classed it as 'vulgar use of language' as eBay is considered a family community.I know it wont get your item or money back but it will restore your feedback at least.

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles Davey.I will definately keep a look out for Han number 112!.

Take care
Shell
x :D

Thanks! I have done exactly that. Someone who resorts to name calling like that is obviously an extremely difficult person AND a scammer besides. I hope that ebay removes the feedback, I had over 3 years of 100% positive until this guy ruined it.

BTW, I got my final value fee restored. Only after being called this....

DeadBeat Scam Artist Punk !!!
You Didn't Send the Item !!!
PAYPAL Already Found YOU Guilty and now
YOU want to complain??? Screw you !!!

Right, Paypal found me at FAULT not "guilty" (not in a court of law) because of their refusal to protect honest sellers. The guy has my Han Solo #112 I am sure!

And... thanks for all the great comments everyone! Your thoughts and tips have been a great help, I consider you all my good friends!

Davey

PS - Darth Rage - What do you have in mind? :lightsabe

Last edited:
Davey,

Glad to hear that at least ebay is making some small step towards correcting this situation. As far as the hitman fund goes, I'm in too... but do you need much more than a guy whose name is Darth Rage?

I've been scammed out of money like this too...well, almost.

Sent the item...something held it up in transit and it was about a week late. Buyer paniced and got his money back (even though I sent Paypal a valid tracking number)...then the same day tracking shows that the package was delivered, but THANKFULLY the buyer was honest and refused shipment and it was returned to me.

The sad thing is...the customer is always "right", even in things like this.

In the case of a large sum, I would also just stop using that paypal account. Paypal will give you a negative account balance if your account is empty but that's it. Open a new PP account with another bank account, problem solved. This happened to a former roommate of mine who sold a guitar and lost a lot of money...I told him to just ignore Paypal and see what happens. A year later they still haven't pursued him for the negative balance. Food for thought.

Guys, Im a new seller as well.

In regards to shipping internationally, how do you deal with the high cost of Global Express EMS ?? I mean to ship a bubble envelope that weighs less than 1lb is on average $25!!! Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? How do some sellers offer Global Express with $15 shipping charges on ebay? Do they just eat the extra $10? Im so confused.

Also, where do i go in Ebay to add that guy to my blocked buyers list?

Daveyjaro said:
Thanks! I have done exactly that. Someone who resorts to name calling like that is obviously an extremely difficult person AND a scammer besides. I hope that ebay removes the feedback, I had over 3 years of 100% positive until this guy ruined it.
They will,they remove it completely.
I got called 'A right pain in the arse' by one lovely person who ripped me off so i'm sure that they will remove what was said about you.

I looked back on your buyers feedback and the negatives are all followed by abrupt and rude comments from your guy, so it seems thats just what he does.
It's these types of people that ruin eBay for the rest of us.

Keep smiling Davey. What goes around and all that, they will get theirs.

Shell
x :D

nash said:
Guys, Im a new seller as well.

In regards to shipping internationally, how do you deal with the high cost of Global Express EMS ?? I mean to ship a bubble envelope that weighs less than 1lb is on average $25!!! Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? How do some sellers offer Global Express with $15 shipping charges on ebay? Do they just eat the extra $10? Im so confused.

I make the buyer pay for the full cost of Global Express, plus a little more handling for the trouble of having to fill out customs forms. Sometimes, I've had to eat a few dollars because some countries in a region can be more expensive than others. Other times the buyer ends up paying more than it costs me. It all comes out even in the end.

If a seller is offering Global Express that cheap, then they are losing money pure and simple. They may be offering cheaper shipping to entice international bidders to bid. If the item is expensive, then many times the seller will pay for shipping worldwide. Sometimes when I offer really expensive items, I'll offer to ship them free anywhere in the world. I've sold a few MR sabers over $1,000 that I agreed to pick up the tab no matter where they went.

nash said:
Also, where do i go in Ebay to add that guy to my blocked buyers list?

In My Ebay go to "Preferences" ----> "Buyer Requirements" ------> "Edit" -----> "Buyer Requirements Exemption List" -------> "Add an eBay user to my Blocked Bidder/Buyer List"

I've got a nice list of morons already built up in mine. Anyway, let this be a lesson to anyone trying to scam someone on this board. I say let everyone blacklist him from their auctions, and make him regret ever getting that Solo from Davey.

Is it common for A-holes to sign up with a fake ebay account and bid high on auctions with no intention of paying? Just to screw the seller up?

Ive just had that happen to me on one of my MR plaque stand auctions. Some guy from Japan 123shuz gets the high bid on the auction and doesnt even pay up or answer my emails. when i go to file a non payment claim, his ebay id is no long registerd with ebay. I was pretty baffled, why would you bid just to screw someones auction up? I have no affiliations with him so why do it to me. sheesh.

PS: thanks for the reply to my last message.

We should start a Ebay moron thread for sellers to beware.

nash said:
his ebay id is no long registerd with ebay.

We should start a Ebay moron thread for sellers to beware.

A few years back a got scammed by a seller this way. Won an auction, paid with a money order and no item ever arrived. We exchanged several emails back and forth. Finally, the last one I received basically said too bad, you're getting nothing and you can't even leave me bad feedback for it. I thought you wait and see. Then when I went to do so, he had cancelled his registration.

do you post over on statueforum.com?...if so there is a large number of NY members that might give you a hand as well..I've heard of a couple of times where a few got together and settled some disputes..just a thought...how far are you from him?

wizard-comics said:
do you post over on statueforum.com?...if so there is a large number of NY members that might give you a hand as well..I've heard of a couple of times where a few got together and settled some disputes..just a thought...how far are you from him?

LOL NY people are hardcore! you go guys, scum like that deserve what's comming.

I once got screwed over by some !*%$ Ebayer from Germany, selling me a damaged Attakus figure. In his add on Ebay, he said it was mint. I filed a claim and guess what? Never heard of it again. Those B-holes at Ebay didn't move, even after several attempt to contact them and get my case solved. On top of it all, the seller gave me a negative feedback for giving him a negative feedback... Ebay is dead and buried for me. My advice: avoid all of that Ebay-Paypal banta podo.

Anyway, I hope it get all solved for you Daveyjaro.

JSAuctionService said:
Davey - the same thing has happened to me as well.

I shipped a MR Stormtrooper Blaster to England via Air Parcel Post
instead of Global Express, so it wasn't trackable. The fellow said
he never received it, and Paypal reversed the charges and gave
him a refund for the full amount paid. $350+ I believe it was.

So now he's possibly got the blaster, and my $350+ and there is
nothing I can do about it.

Bottom line: ALWAYS ship with tracking.

JS :banghead

I've seen enough stories like this that I just quit shipping overseas on auctions. It's too bad because I've had many good experiences with overseas buyers, but I'm just avoiding this problem.

Mark D

Back