my letter to NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmbuzz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys.. well I decided to write a letter to NECA TOYS regaurding ther Terminator T2 12" Figures..I assume they do research but may not know the market like we do so I decided to drop them a line.. never done this before so I hope it sounded ok.. Just figured maybe it might help in the future..:peace

The letter is as follows:

Greetings.. Its nice to see you guys coming out with some 12" Terminator 2 action figures.. But why arent you producing a 12" Endoskeleton ?.. Do you guys realize the market out ther for a 12" endoskeleton ?...The 12" market is huge and the Endoskeleton is in great demand....

If you research this a little.. for example on ebay..A HOT TOYS T-800 ENDOSKELETON WILL SELL FOR $400 as its the only plastic 12" T-800 Action figure ever produced ....Kyle Reese also sells for $400 if you ever see one..

Currently the HOT TOYS Terminator Salvation T-700 is being produced but it isnt the same.. its surface is rough and pitted as this is the Terminator Salvation endo, And it doesnt even come with a weapon....and that figure sells for $125 .....very disapointing..

Your 18" Endoskeleton is great.. light up eyes etc.. but it don't fit with 12" figures.. Anyway if you were to scale down your Endoskeleton it would be greatly appreciated by a whole lot of 12" terminator fans..

Anyway figured since you had the T2 license I would send a few comments.. Thanks for your time..

OH I just sent the letter today like 15 min ago.. they probably wont respond till monday..Hell I will be surprised if they respond at all.. but hey i figurered some kind of input might help..

I probably shouldnt have mentioned Kyle Reese but it came up and I decided its another character from T2 they might be able to do one..you never know..and exept for that was trying to stay on subject..

if someone does respond I will post it here..

When I saw the lineup in the action figure magazines I was excited cuz I thought all the 7in figures were gonna be 12" also.. but it seems this is not so..

the fact that they haven't made a 1:6 endo yet and have no plans to make ANY 1:6 Alien/Predator figures oughta tell you how hard headed they are about it.

any response at all to your letter will likely be some boilerplate bulk email response like "thank you for your interest in NECA products..."

I also writte a E-Mail.
We get uninteresting 18inch characters like Hannibal, American Psycho, Beetlejuice and from a masterpiece like Terminator no trace ?!:confused:

hot toys owns the 1/6 market

NO they dont not even remotely..... if they did they would have put out decent Terminator Arnold.. But so far nothing.. There T-800 Terminator with the entire face gone what the hell is that.. and neca is making a pescadero escape.. with a great looking head.. with ahem and arnold likeness.. I am not saying they are better I am saying hey they got the likeness issues with arnold why cant HT.. Hts Kane figure.. should not have been relieased without the correct head.. but they put it out anyway and it still sells.. looks more like john holmes ...

hot toys owns the 1/6 market

NO they dont not even remotely..... if they did they would have put out decent Terminator Arnold.. But so far nothing.. There T-800 Terminator with the entire face gone what the hell is that.. and neca is making a pescadero escape.. with a great looking head.. with ahem and arnold likeness.. I am not saying they are better I am saying hey they got the likeness issues with arnold why cant HT.. Hts Kane figure.. should not have been relieased without the correct head.. but they put it out anyway and it still sells.. looks more like john holmes ...

I'm glad HT released a Kane figure. Since they couldn't get the rights for Hurt's likeness, they did the next best thing and added the face hugger head. I don't think anyone bought it for the generic head sculpt it came with.

hmmm I see the point with the extra facehugger head.. which is awesome and I forgot thats alot of extras kane comes with... well in that case yea I see your point.. I assume these are the reasons the marines dont look correct also.. hmmm

yea I got the BD terminator loose.. ... but I dont display it like its arnold.. just a terminator..it is a great figure. but why do the shins split so easy.. I dont have the 0riginal boots and I tried to put some hasbro MUTT boots on him.. biker boots right.. yea right way too small.. and I spllit the shin about a half inch.. so I put regular army boots on him.. oh well..

I'm pretty sure NECA can profit from the fact that the only real 1/6 Endos are relatively high-end and prohibitively pricey.

Neca could sell well since their potential 12" endos would only be in the $30-40 range.

It'd sure be easier to do a custom T2 Arnie (with exposed endo arm) if we had a cheaper alternative than chopping up a Hot Toys Endo (Like Dizzarse did with his).

1: hot toys
2: sideshow
3: medicom

they own the 1/6 market :lecture neca wont touch that area, they know they cant compete with there dodgy sculpted figures. stick to toys neca if i were you. before i get flamed by the neca faithful this is just my opinion :lol i own quite a few of there figures I just wouldnt buy any 1/6 judging by what they've made so far.

although i probably would buy an endo :lol:lol:lol ;)

Neca > Mcfarlane :redblob

The entire universe > McFarlane

Talk about a company going in the wrong direction...just about everything they used to touch turned to gold...now everything they touch turns to crap.
SPs and Halo these days, that's it....puke. :sick

In their heyday, they did some great stuff...Spawn, Movie Maniacs, Tortured Souls, etc. I still own a lot of that stuff. Now their just awful. :duh

I think your letter will fail for two reasons. One, in order for companies to see that there is a market out there really demanding things they have to get tons of letters about the same exact thing.

Two, if what you posted here is a copy and paste of what you sent them they'll probably disregard it due to it being full of spelling and grammar mistakes. When you write a company you should always run a spell and grammar check and proofread it before you send. What is with the two periods after the question marks? Also there are too many periods in the whole letter. One will suffice at the end of a sentence. Two, three or even four is unecessary and makes you look like you have a poor grasp of the English language. I'm also sure there is a letter missing from at least one of your words. Also the paragraphing and general structure of the letter is poorly thought out.

They are going to look at your letter and say "How nice of this ten year old to write to us" *trash*.

Professionalism is how you keep peoples attention. Don't take this the wrong way but these companies really see tons of correspondence a day and they will completely disregard anyone who doesn't care enough to make sure their letter isn't full of mistakes. If people don't care enough about an error free letter then why should they care about addressing your concern?

Last edited:
Back