NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think thats wishful thinking. A 1:4 scale ED-209 would probably just be too big for many people. They don't just aim these things at guys on forums.

I think thats wishful thinking. A 1:4 scale ED-209 would probably just be too big for many people. They don't just aim these things at guys on forums.

Why u being such a downer?

Is it because u don't have space for something like this? Is it because u only collect 7" figures? Is it because u think ur Mr. NECA? IDK but ur coming off as a downer.

NECA has made impressive strides the past 2-3 years. I want to see this company grow and become a force in the collectible industry...the need ground breaking releases like the 19" Preds, Life Size items and something new and fresh like this to get the. To the next level. There is a need for a large, quality and reasonably priced ED-209. NECA could eat Hot Toys lunch if they made this. It would be good for NECA, collectors and the collectible market if this was made in a large scale.

While I understand where ur coming from, no need to be a buzzkill.

This is simply an idea...and ideas my friend, are bullet proof.

Is it because u don't have space for something like this? Is it because u only collect 7" figures? Is it because u think ur Mr. NECA? IDK but ur coming off as a downer.

NECA has made impressive strides the past 2-3 years. I want to see this company grow and become a force in the collectible industry...the need ground breaking releases like the 19" Preds, Life Size items and something new and fresh like this to get the. To the next level. There is a need for a large, quality and reasonably priced ED-209. NECA could eat Hot Toys lunch if they made this. It would be good for NECA, collectors and the collectible market if this was made in a large scale.

Just a point of order, I don't think NECA's business model includes competing with Hot Toys. Two different leagues altogether.

This is the problem. In Accesories, Facesculpting and Paintjobs Neca some things inprove. And with the better prices(HT and Sideshow are simply overpriced) a good company for fans and collectors. At the moment are low end and high end exists, but what is with the big gap between this ?

Based on the figures.com article, I'm willing to speculate the missiles will detach from ED-209.

If this is released in 1/6 scale I'll get one to go with my 12 inch mcfarlane battle damaged robocop.

It could happen as they did the 1/4 scale preds and I'm sure they get alot of sales if they sold in the same price bracket (60 to 100 pounds)

NECA kicks *** most of the time and this E.D.-209 is no exception. Looks phenomenal, can't wait to have one on my shelf. :D

This is the problem. In Accesories, Facesculpting and Paintjobs Neca some things inprove. And with the better prices(HT and Sideshow are simply overpriced) a good company for fans and collectors. At the moment are low end and high end exists, but what is with the big gap between this ?

You should fill in this gap and then you can make collectibles exactly the way you want them! ;-)

Just a point of order, I don't think NECA's business model includes competing with Hot Toys. Two different leagues altogether.

Agreed, however NECA kicked Hot Toys *** with their 19" Preds. Why wouldn't they do it with ED-209?

Agreed, however NECA kicked Hot Toys *** with their 19" Preds. Why wouldn't they do it with ED-209?

A 1/4 ED-209 would be much bigger than 18" Preds and take up a significant amount if shelf space per box. I doubt many retailers would go for that. There's always the forthcoming NECA DIRECT outlet, though, which would probably be the only viable avenue (or online retailers only, like with the trophy wall).

I'm sorry man, you're right. I was being one of those sorts just then. :peace

A 1/4 ED-209 would be much bigger than 18" Preds and take up a significant amount if shelf space per box. I doubt many retailers would go for that.

Thats the point I was making but I wouldn't object to it being done. Certainly at a NECA pricepoint it would be easier for a collector to stomach.

I'm sorry man, you're right. I was being one of those sorts just then. :peace

Thats the point I was making but I wouldn't object to it being done. Certainly at a NECA pricepoint it would be easier for a collector to stomach.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

You should fill in this gap and then you can make collectibles exactly the way you want them! ;-)

Sadly, I have not the money to make a company and in my land this is not very possible to make.

The most companys are from the USA or Asia.

This is the ED 209 I've wanted since 1987. It looks freaking perfect!!

Not only was the Hot Toys one simply too big, it was not accurate. And yeah, they might fix the problems on the upcoming version if it ever sees the light of day, but it's still gonna cost half a grand and take up like 3 cubic feet of shelf space.

The Robocop and the Ultra Police ED was too cartoony. A nice toy, and it fits in with that late 80s toy line, but it was not the monster we saw in the movie.

I got the Horizon kit and that had the best sculpt I'd ever seen. It's still sitting in my closet, all white unpainted vinyl. I don't have the skills to do it right, and I never had the nerve to try. Why ruin it?

I'm thinking this NECA one will be close in size to the old Horizon model. Should fit in perfectly with the old McF toy just as welll as the current Neca Robo.

Right now the best ED I have is the 2006 Kotobukiya version. But it's TINY. And like I said...Hot Toys is too big.

This one is gonna be juuuuuuuust right.

If they are going for ED 209 we must have a CAIN/Robocop 2 too.

Cant get enough Neca!

575799_534293996632990_1713479718_n.jpg

Back