Need some help with my T-600......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is by far the best autobotjohn video. The anticipation and then..just wow.:eek

that thing is a BEAUTY from a hillbilly's POV....:lol:rotfl

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is by far the best autobotjohn video. The anticipation and then..just wow.:eek

:horror:horror:horror
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
:rotfl:lol:rotfl

W...T...F????

OMG, this is hillarious. Who the heck is AutobotJohn? He's very entertaining.

That Christopher Reeve life size mannequin is horrendous. Also, were those empty toilet paper rolls doubling as shotgun shells on the Terminator's bandolier?

...and subscribed to his youtube channel. I bet this guy gets a lot of new subscribers from this thread.

Someone fill me in so I don't have to go back and read the rest of the thread. What does autobotjohn have to do with needing help on a T-600 that got damaged in the mail? Was ABJ the seller?

...and subscribed to his youtube channel. I bet this guy gets a lot of new subscribers from this thread.

Someone fill me in so I don't have to go back and read the rest of the thread. What does autobotjohn have to do with needing help on a T-600 that got damaged in the mail? Was ABJ the seller?

YES. Seller, and customizer of the Predator (and T-600).

Lost is almost back to his original glory:lol I just have the head left to do, now can I get the dreads wet? without them getting damaged? F.Y.I I'm using a rubbing Alcohol/water solution.

Stay away from the dreads. Worst case scenario, they can be pulled off and regluled on. Just remember what order you pulled them off in.

Ok, this guy Clear Coated the Lost Predators head.....how can I get that off, so I can remove the ____ty paintjob??

Just keep at it. The alcohol will also remove the clearcoat, but it'll lt'll take a bit more effort. I'm surprised you could still get the mask on with all the coats. :lol

When you get down to the HT clearcoat layer, it might look white or dried a bit. All it'll need at that point is another coat of clear to bring it back. Make sure you use matte or his head is going to shine like he's sweaty. If you can find gloss in a small bottle, you can take that and dab the eyes to give them a glassy sheen after you use the matte on the head.

Stay away from the dreads. Worst case scenario, they can be pulled off and regluled on. Just remember what order you pulled them off in.

Just keep at it. The alcohol will also remove the clearcoat, but it'll lt'll take a bit more effort. I'm surprised you could still get the mask on with all the coats. :lol

When you get down to the HT clearcoat layer, it might look white or dried a bit. All it'll need at that point is another coat of clear to bring it back. Make sure you use matte or his head is going to shine like he's sweaty. If you can find gloss in a small bottle, you can take that and dab the eyes to give them a glassy sheen after you use the matte on the head.

Thanks for the info Nam. It's definately a pain in the ass, but it's slowly coming back to the original Green color.

That's fine. It'll take some elbow grease, but patience is on your side here. Forget the newbs, their impatience and their irrelevant YouTube vids about RC bodies. We're not talking $50 NECA kiddie garbage, we're talking $200 high-end collectibles. Who give a ____ how long it takes so long as the end result is quality.

Because price is the only measure of quality :exactly:

PvA, you seemed to have been screwed in this deal :rotfl Glad you could fix things.

Lost is a lost cause(no pun intended) his body has deep scratches, and burn marks on it......WTF??!!??

Also, after removing some more paint on the head, there's burn marks and a weird residue on it.

SO, does anyone have a Lost body(with hands and feet and all parts, don't need any armour or netting. Mine's all sound) and a Lost head W/ closed mandibles I can get for cheap???

Because price is the only measure of quality :exactly:

Not sure if you're being serious or facetious (couldn't find the Joker gif :lol), but I have yet to see a NECA paint job that could even hold a candle to Hot Toys paint apps. My point was that I'd be less upset ruining sub par paint apps than high-quality ones.

Lost is a lost cause(no pun intended) his body has deep scratches, and burn marks on it......WTF??!!??

Also, after removing some more paint on the head, there's burn marks and a weird residue on it.

SO, does anyone have a Lost body(with hands and feet and all parts, don't need any armour or netting. Mine's all sound) and a Lost head W/ closed mandibles I can get for cheap???

Burn marks? :horror

As for the residue, is it white? That might be the alcohol drying out the paint. If the burn marks are salvageable, the "residue" will disappear with the clear coat.

Not sure if you're being serious or facetious (couldn't find the Joker gif :lol), but I have yet to see a NECA paint job that could even hold a candle to Hot Toys paint apps. My point was that I'd be less upset ruining sub par paint apps than high-quality ones.

Burn marks? :horror

As for the residue, is it white? That might be the alcohol drying out the paint. If the burn marks are salvageable, the "residue" will disappear with the clear coat.

Yes, burn marks. It looks like he was working with something hot over the head and it dripped on there or something....IDK.

No, it's a blueish grey color.....it peels off, kinda like(the only thing I can think of is that adhesive that they use to stick gift cards and such to paper) it's fricken weird:lol

No, it's a blueish grey color.....it peels off, kinda like(the only thing I can think of is that adhesive that they use to stick gift cards and such to paper) it's fricken weird:lol

Maybe he did naughty things with his predator. I'd wear latex gloves when handling.

Did you file a claim for item not being as described?

Burn marks? :panic: WTF was this guy playing at :lol
Seriously, you need to visit his address, knock on his door and slap the living ____ out of him when he opens the door.
i feel sorry for you, man.

Back