New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in 1/5. And there are big differences between the Marmit and Sano piece.

Yup and it's in 1/5, not 1/3 like the bust. Like you said, probably trying to keep the cost friendlier.

Yeah, this Sano sculpt (although smaller) KILLS the Marmit sculpt.

(I do love my big Marmit though!)

Holy freaking crap I'm jealous. This is a fantastic sculpture of the Alien and I want it real bad. If we were doing a new Alien action figure now days I'd want it to look like this with articulation. This guy did such a nice job and VERY accurate.

That's the common reaction among on the Alien collectors. Even more so for the JP collectors. Definitely keeping an eye out for the progress of this piece.

Thanks for the extra shots my friend.
The only thing missing to make it really perfect is the little thingie coming out of the alien elbows, otherwise this is sick

Holy freaking crap I'm jealous. This is a fantastic sculpture of the Alien and I want it real bad. If we were doing a new Alien action figure now days I'd want it to look like this with articulation. This guy did such a nice job and VERY accurate.

it would be nice with new hidden and 'neutral' joints (as in the predator) :pray:

It is a perfect scale replica of the Giger Museum Alien. Awesome. I so want an unpainted kit of this. When anybody finds out where to get it and how much, please let us all know. I must have this.

You know, the more I look at it though, I think the head is too small. It's perfectly sculpted, but it doesn't match the scale of the rest of the body. The peak of the shoulders should be centered at the midpoint of the head. There should be as much head in front of that point as in the back.

0008fu6jm5.jpg

0018nj7.jpg

27720001e2.jpg

01063_Alien_Sibthorp-3.jpg

0025.jpg

Like every other statue, it still shows too much skull. You hardly even see it on screen, and even the actual prop in the display case has it obscured.

I actually prefer the top one, it more closely matches my recollection of the creature on film (in particular the narrower head).

Amazing sculpt, except from the front view angle.Head (or face,actually) is definitely too small.

For some reason most people prefer the skull showing.. Never understood it. Makes him look like a monkey if not done right. This looks incredible though.

For some reason most people prefer the skull showing.. Never understood it. Makes him look like a monkey if not done right. This looks incredible though.

That's what I thought too -- it's because the lower half of the face is so prominent...

But I like seeing the skull - its so distinct in its features - not your avergae human skull - but I like it to be just misty enough where the skull can be made prominent if you hit it with a bright light or something...

I don't mind the head looking a tad small - part of it I'm sure is that the lens angle makes the closer shoulder look much larger than in person, so it shouldnt be too bad...

Beautiful sculpt! Bravo! Have to pick it up -- I'll go for a painted version from the factory...

I think the head only appears smallish because we are focused on the skull not the dome...

Wow I'm so much more excited about this than I was about getting the marmit vinyl figure...!!!

Where to order though? where to order?

I think the head only appears smallish because we are focused on the skull not the dome...

Wow I'm so much more excited about this than I was about getting the marmit vinyl figure...!!!

Where to order though? where to order?

No set price and release date yet. We'll find out when the time comes.

Back